• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How did you find out your type?

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
This is sort of a followup to the thread How did you find out about MBTI?

I took the humanmetrics online test and tested ENTJ, but immediately decided I was an Introvert, retook the test to come out as an INTJ :D and then mailed those percentages to my then-boss (who had told me about MBTI and suggested I take the test). So despite not testing correctly, I identified my type in about five minutes.

What's your story?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I took an online test (this was 10-11 years ago?) and ended up with INTP, then I read all type descriptions.

I was pretty sure about INTP, but (as many people probably suspect) I did read over the INFP a few times because I did relate to it somewhat... just not as much as the INTP.

Joe Butt's description of INTP rings very true for me. INFP did not.

laughing dolphin

MBTI Type
INFJ
About four years ago I had a supervisor who was very much into utilizing all of the classes and training sessions that our HR department provides. She took the MBTI class and then had my co-worker and I go take it as well. I came up INFJ, read the descriptions and had a pretty major a-ha moment.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
I took the test in a sociology class at university and came out INTJ, online I come out INTJ and I retook the real test a few months ago and came out INTJ. I wondered at times about the N/S because of my memory for details and ability to remember things, but learning more about the difference aspects of introversion and extraversion I've come to understand this doesn't mean I'm not an iNtuitive.

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
I was 17 and took a class offered by the local college's continuing ed program called "Who are you?" or something like that. I've since done a whole lot of self-verification.

curmudgeon

About a year ago a friend told me about MBTI.

I'd never heard about it before then, though I'd learned about Hippocrates' four humors in school.

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
In my mid-30's, I saw a copy of Keirsey's Please Understand Me II laying in my boss' office, so I borrowed it and typed myself. Came out INTJ for a few years until I read the Tieger books and typed myself by actions, rather than test questions. Came out INTP ... realizing that I had been forcing a J stance from years in the military. I've consistently tested INTP for about the last 7 years.

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
Was at a dinner with a bunch of people who were at Harvard Business School (It's mandatory everyone gets evaluated the first day there). They brought it up and I insulted all of them for being stuipid for believing that personality could be categorized like this.

My good friend from college (INTP), I ridiculed ferociously because he was always shitty at reading people, and how would he even know if any of this was accurate etc etc. They kept rolling their eyes and calling me a typical ENTP. I looked it up later on took the test, and I was hooked....

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
like MLC, i would have been skeptical and teased whoever about it (then if i remembered, gone back later out of curiosity), but it was a guy that i liked, an INTJ, who brought it up, and he did it like this, "hmm, according to this personality test, you and i are matches." the clever shit knew just what to say. and, needless to say, i took the test when he sent the link. it was from the site, similarminds.com.

ENTP or not, i wasn't going to argue with him.

well, not that time. ;)

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
About five years ago, I was discussing in an online forum that open a thread of MBTI. I took an online free test, and got my type. I have been researching about the topic since then. I realize that It is not easy for a new student of MBTI and Jung to identify their type correctly. I was no exception. So, I go on research more on the Jung cognitive functions, and took my own note of it, which may be a different but still follow jung. I have been identifing others MBTI type also mostly my family. The role of MBTI say about each type may be only a potential for me, like INTP is a scientist says MBTI. Well a scientist may not be yet achieved by an INTP, they might still dream to become it in the future. To point out their type, a person must come up with correct knowledge of what he or she are not conscious of habitually and that is not easy. I'd say we need a journey and a lot of serious research to be sure of. My research of mytype involving memory. The typical behavior has been shown since a birth. But when we are introduced to the MBTI, we may have been already passed the phase. So, we need the memory to figure out what has happened in the past and inquire further question whether a spesific behavior, traits fall under a specific cognitive function as a manifestation of it. The problem with my approach is that the memory is not under my control; I cannot command my psychological memory to come back.
My memory writing approach is more like a telling to answer the question what has happened, what i did in the past. Without any intention to be known as a one type.
I'd say the research is ongoing. I have got a lot of findings.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Function sequences, yo.

Seriously... I suspected early on that I was an INFJ by a process of deduction and hearing some things about INFJs. But there was a long time of type questioning that went on for years. Eventually I got to the point where I could see functions in my writing, and then seeing my thoughts unfold in the INFJ function order really brought things home. Though, I managed to make my thoughts unfold in the INFP function order too, so though I now basically know that I'm an INFJ, I know that I'm not only an INFJ, and indeed no person is purely one type.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
My "true" type, Ive taken official tests 3 times over the years, got the same result each time. The Other types, just some fun personal research projects.