• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Anyone Know the Difference Between an ESFP's Fi and an ENFP's Fi?

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I was chatting with [MENTION=25403]ZombieNinjaPirate[/MENTION] about how he uses Ne, and now I have a clear cut idea how an ENTP uses the stuff versus an ENFP. Same exact process and mode of understanding someone, but through different means. The parallels are crazy, fascinating!

Now I wonder, if a similar vein occurs between the Se/Fi dynamic and the Ne/Fi dynamic. When you flip the control, and the variation lies in the leading function rather than in the supporting function, do you get the same parallel or do you have something uniquely different?

Lets talk about it folks! I don't care if you're not ESFP or ENFP, let's do this :D

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think the Fi in ENFPs is related to more abstract concepts, like identity or gender. The Fi in ESFPs is probably used in a more concrete way such as aesthetic tastes, personal relations etc.

Personality Analyst

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think the Fi in ENFPs is related to more abstract concepts, like identity or gender. The Fi in ESFPs is probably used in a more concrete way such as aesthetic tastes, personal relations etc.

This is spot on. Just want to add that for ENFP it comes out as championing ideals, while for ESFPs as intense self-expression.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is spot on. Just want to add that for ENFP it comes out as championing ideals, while for ESFPs as intense self-expression.

I wouldn't say championing ideals, it's more like expressing ideals.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was chatting with [MENTION=25403]ZombieNinjaPirate[/MENTION] about how he uses Ne, and now I have a clear cut idea how an ENTP uses the stuff versus an ENFP. Same exact process and mode of understanding someone, but through different means. The parallels are crazy, fascinating!

He isn't a zombie anymore :rofl1: Now that he has changed name let's see if he uses Ne the same way :Ne::ninja:

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENFP - I like everbody! We can do anything together!
ESFP - It's about 50/50, don't like it? Then make me like you.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

Haha while it's absolutely true that I almost enjoy everyone I meet to a fault, I am curious what Se brings to Fi. Could you elaborate? Thanks! :D

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Care to weigh in [MENTION=24829]Masokissed[/MENTION]?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
ENFP: I really hate when people do that. This is as if they have no conscience or goals in life.

ESFP: OMG, look at those shoes !!!

:D

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does this explain why Se is so hopelessly attracted to Ne? :devil:

Hoplessly ? :dry::dry::dry::dry::dry::dry::huh::doh:

Well I am attracted by ENFP generally speaking (for communication for example) and my best lover is (is still a very good friend)

ENFP, if you wanna know ...

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP: I really hate when people do that. This is as if they have no conscience or goals in life.

ESFP: OMG, look at those shoes !!!

:D

I think I can clearly say what I find stupid (like judgement) and what are my goals.

Moreover, I don't watch shoes, I watch pants (if there are any)... :yes:

We ESFP have the power to unstrip you at a glance :gleam:

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I don't know if we can generalise. That seems true to me. Even if I can seem to behave more or less like some enthusiast ENFP...

BEHAVIOUR = from the outside...

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't know if we can generalise. That seems true to me. Even if I can seem to behave more or less like some enthusiast ENFP...

BEHAVIOUR = from the outside...

Well, at the end of the day, all we may know are the behaviors of others. That's what they tell me, so that's what I say. Hell, they could all be lying. But, then again, lying, telling the truth, and speaking in general are all behaviors to begin with.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFP will see potential for others as much as for themselves and be less judgemental. ESFP puts self development before anything else and judges quickly. You might think that's bad, but the judgements are more helpful than anything.