• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types you met in real life

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What types have you met irl? I am pretty sure I haven't met all the 16 types yet and even if I did I have a sample of only one person of such typing.
I think so far I've met:

Only one ENFP - my classmate, friend and really great guy
Only one INFP - and that was very brief, I didn't even talk to that girl in person
One ENFJ - I think my classmate was an ENFJ, interesting but a bit too attention whoring guy
INFJ - I am not sure I've met one. I probably know one guy I think might be an INFJ, not sure how I feel about him. I feel like I feel what he wants me to feel, to I rather don't feel.
ENTP - I've met few of them and always had the best fun ever!
ENTJ - I've met two and both were my professors in university. Interesting people, I am always torn between adoring them to the bone and punching them in the face.
INTP - I think I've met 2 or 3 INTPs so far. There are two types of INTPs, one that are too weird and one that are weird, but also very funny and charismatic to a point.
INTJ - I am not sure, but I think my psychology professor in university is an INTJ. He also could be INFJ, but he doesn't have that manipulative annoying shit going on.
ESFJ - I am pretty sure I've met a few and I am pretty sure we hated each other.
ISFJ - I think I know a girl who is an ISFJ and she's actually very pleasant, clever and nice person to be around.
ESTJ - This one...I have never met.
ISTJ - I might know a guy, but he also might be an ISTP. Anyway I think I was a bit platonically into him a few years back, he's just extremely complex, smart and interesting. He's very hard to type though.
ESTP - I've met a few and I am sure we hated each other. Yea...we did...pure dislike.
ISTP - I don't think I have ever met an ISTP.
ESTP - I know a lot of people I think are ESFP and I think there are two types of ESFPs - Ones who are really annoying and hard to handle and others that are just great friends. I have very very mixed experiences with this type.
ISFP - I think I know one girl who I am sure is an ISFP. We used to be very close, but she moved away and now we rarely see each other. She was a bit too impulsive and reckless for me. That Se was really too...there. Though I am sure she was Fi dom.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I attract ISTJs like moths to a flame.

I also know a couple ISFJs, an ESFJ, an ENFP, an INTP, and an INTJ who likes to get their ESFP on sometimes. I'm sure I've met people of all of the types in my life at some point, but I'm not close to any of them.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Everyone except ISFP

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know INTJs,ISFPs,INFPs,ENTPs, ENFPs, xNFJs, and ENTJs.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Types I have met and know well enough to identify their type:

ESFJs and ISFJs: I know so many of them. Many of my art tutors at college are Si and Fe valuing types. Fe bores me just a little but they tend to be very nice and welcoming people.
ENFP - I know one, she is full of ideas and a very interesting person.
INFJ - They try to be funny quite often. In conversation they go off on random tangents and I have no idea what they are talking about sometimes or understand their reason for bringing up the topic.
ESTP - We don't really see eye to eye.
INFP - I know one or maybe two. They appear stand-off ish but they are actually quite genuine. Ne seems a little suppressed at first and they often seem to use their Fi much more.
that is about it, really :bye:

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I thought to have met 3000 ppl by the age 27. Now the number is probably 6000. I only remember the names from 500..1000 or so.

INTP Several, many intimately. Almost all know their stuff, some are shy, some are bold.
INTJ These are usually well into their business. They're some of my favorites.
INFP Lots, lots of these people. Great people. They've been in many areas of commerce, business, science, etc. Not so much in science but elsewhere.
INFJ I don't meet them as much. But, nice encounters.
ISTP Quite a lot of people. I meet them pretty much but don't talk as much with them.
ISTJ These people strike out to me. I notice them. We develop some ideas together, they seem higly energetic to me sometimes, maybe I'm mistaken about them. I'm not sure about all of them.
ISFP They avoid me usually, I'm too highly energetic. And I seem to them as if I were running an agenda. Which I am. So they are right. haha. Sometimes a mellow occasion allows me to meet them.
ISFJ These mothers boss around in many situations. I laugh them off, and when I can't, I meet them eye to eye.
ENTP I'm doing business with many of them. Many of them have been my colleagues. Some, highly competent. My the way, I might not be an ENTJ myself, maybe an ENTP.
ENTJ I meet many ENTJs. The last one, I was tired of the whole MBTI, a guy introduces himself, and I listen to him a while. Well, do you know about the MBTI? I'll tell you. So he told. He was ENTJ.
ENFP Pretty nice people I meet. Lot of my former girlfriends were of this type. I was kind of attracted to them.
ENFJ Upstanding people. Know many of them. They know the agendas, the ideas, they know what means something to you. I don't like their showmanship sometimes, and their pretense. They're pretty respectable though.
ESTP These people are up to the game. If there's an ESTP who invites to you an event - whether its racing carts, sauna, whatever - the chance is ESTP is the best at that event, and a nice host, or co-host.
ESTJ Upstanding people. They support the traditional roles, and do it well. I like them. I try to get them relax over some nice event. They sometimes get to pretty high positions in society..
ESFP Nice people, I think they get looked down on pretty much. They're seen at drinking games, fun events, but corporate events - not that much.
ESFJ There's the random motherly type who lives to this type, but I don't meet them much.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
ENTJ - I've met two and both were my professors in university. Interesting people, I am always torn between adoring them to the bone and punching them in the face.
I sought academic career for many years, with the goal to become a professor. Thank you.

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've met them all.

As has everyone else, they just don't know it.

Yeah, I think people would be pretty hard-pressed to legitimately not have met them all. Heck, just by sheer stats, if you had 100 people in your grade and met them all, you'd probably have met all types lol.

Laxton

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My the way, I might not be an ENTJ myself, maybe an ENTP.

It's interesting that you say this. I question what type I am very often. I fall somewhere in the middle between ENTJ and ENTP, although leaning towards ENTJ.

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think we've all defo met every type even if we might not have formed close relationships with them or talked much. My friends have mostly been IXXJ's (I want to say mostly ISTJs and INFJs but tbh some people I can't distinguish their S from N so they could be the other, doesn't help that I barely know what Si and Ni are) and like 2 XNFPs. Generally get along really well with those types, they each have their minor grievances (INFJs and their endless rambling, INTJs and their impenetrable mind and presence, ISTJs and if honest lack of stimulating conversation, ISFJs and their neediness in doing certain things) but they're my peeps. The NFPs have been more of a pain to get along with tbh just cos I think I've had the most arguments with them (Fi???) which isn't many cos I barely find myself in arguments. But at the same time, pretty sure my main crushes in the past were NFPs.

I didn't have much contact with EXTJs till uni due to my course being dominated by TJs really, and to my own surprise have an ESTJ friend, we get along fine as long as we don't start sharing our opinions on things too much, I learnt to just nod away or ignore her & change topic when convos start steering into potential argument zone cos arguments with her are so fruitless but we often learn things from each other, at least I do lol. One ENTJ in my project group for two years, biggest love-hate thing with him as with most EXTJs. I love their general drive, leadership and passion but hate some methods and they get so annoying and prickly if you work with them for too long. Tbh working with anyone gets frustrating closer to deadlines, it's the stress build-up probs.

Tbh the only XSFPs I know were just acquaintances or people I was forced to spend time with cos they were friends with one of my friends or family friends, they seem really nice but I've never really had anything in common with them.

XSTPs are like always in my classes (not necessarily in large amounts just that there's always at least one obvious one) but I've only had one ISTP as a friend + my brother. Generally we do not mesh that well, when we get along we get along really well, but when we don't it's really bad, and I'm not talking about with like two different people.

XNTPs, idk if it's cos I find it hard to type people the same as myself or because they're scarce and I have zero guy friends but I don't think I've gotten to properly know any or many INTPs, but then again I've been friends with at least 1/2 INTJ girls so idk, the ones I've seen have been chill and I've never had an issue with them. ENTPs I haven't come across that often, had one friend, she was a bit annoying tbh but kinda entertaining. Come to think of it, I have the same opinion of some guy on my course who I suspect to be ENTP but don't know well enough to be sure.

ESFJ, tbh can't think of anyone but my mum that I've really come across as well, possibly one girl in my church, generally seem nice and caring enough esp when you first meet them but can come off fake sometimes with motives. ENFJs, once more haven't been acquainted with often, I hit it off super quick with one last year on our group projects but then it also fizzled pretty quick after the last project, I don't think EXFJ's can handle my flakiness and little care for keeping in contact often, they sort of have a minor strop (not always verbalised) and stop talking if they're ignored a bit which is fine with me cos I can't keep a friend that's going to need continuous reassurance, constant contact or need me to be the first to contact them. A basic requirement to be my friend is that you understand and are ok with the fact that I will likely be hard to get a hold of most of the time + can easily go days & weeks without talking to you and that you shouldn't take it personally. Also I know people say they can be emotionally manipulative, I honestly don't think they're aware of when they're doing it a lot of the time.

Anyway ofc these don't apply to everyone, and I always look forward to meeting different types of people to learn more about people as well as myself.

Estelia

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
xwx
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Out of the friends I've gone through over the years, I have befriended every type at a point besides INTJ and ISTJ I'm pretty sure. Best friendship I had was probably with the ENFP or maybe INTP.