• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ne] Ne, the good, bad, and curious

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Just found this video of someone talking about their perspective of Ne and I really liked it. I connected with it so well on potential positive and negative aspects of this sometimes mysterious function. Mostly just wanted to post this video as it gives a personalized interpretation of the function, rather than a rehash of common internet jargon often describing it, but if anyone wants to express their perspective of the function as well, I'd love to hear it! :D

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Anyone who values Extroverted Intuition is a Ne'er do-well.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why are my puns so unappreciated

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I need more than that [MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION], sorry.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That video was NEat!

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
That video was NEat!

Hey [MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION], now THIS is how you pun :newwink:

haha good one!

But ya, isn't it? I've seen many videos on the functions on youtube and they all more or less, explain the functions in the same language or way. I like how she gets into the mind of an Ne user and exposes the actions often associated with Ne users, but explains where those actions come from. Of course, these are only the observations of one person, but I was able to identify with what she was saying so it's good enough for me!

lightspeed

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are these puns really Neccessary? They have a tendency to make people react rather Negatively.
(in all seriousness though, that was great punning)
On the topic of the video though, one thing that stood out to me is how she mentioned Ne being very, uh, obvious and sometimes a little overwhelming? and I've noticed that too. When I'm not actively avoiding drawing attention to myself I've noticed I can be a little much for people. Not intentionally, obviously. My thought process is just a constant stream of "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and its hard to tone that down.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Are these puns really Neccessary? They have a tendency to make people react rather Negatively.
(in all seriousness though, that was great punning)
On the topic of the video though, one thing that stood out to me is how she mentioned Ne being very, uh, obvious and sometimes a little overwhelming? and I've noticed that too. When I'm not actively avoiding drawing attention to myself I've noticed I can be a little much for people. Not intentionally, obviously. My thought process is just a constant stream of "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and its hard to tone that down.

Oh same here. Often times I have to keep myself in check around others since once I get revved up on a topic and idea, all the thoughts just start pouring in and I want to explore those thoughts with other people. Since you hold back your Ne, do you ever just start laughing to yourself because of some stray thought that you weren't sharing with anyone else? Like I'm always playing with my environment in my head, placing a person in front of me on a rooftop, sticking this bench on the wall. Actually, far more bizarre, but I'll do this just automatically, distorting reality, and many times it just makes me laugh.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Appreciated this video. The part about needing to do or express something in order to process it was especially poignant. Also the fact that we want, or actually NEed to engage others in this process in order to achieve self-actualization is literally my number one source of frustration in life. It can be hurtful when you are trying g to do this with someone and they just tune you out because it sounds like drivel. And I understand why it does, but to me it's everything.

How do you deal with this sense of disappointment? How do you self-actualize without surrounding yourself with only other ENFPs? Is it possible? I'm not sure anymore.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Appreciated this video. The part about needing to do or express something in order to process it was especially poignant. Also the fact that we want, or actually NEed to engage others in this process in order to achieve self-actualization is literally my number one source of frustration in life. It can be hurtful when you are trying g to do this with someone and they just tune you out because it sounds like drivel. And I understand why it does, but to me it's everything.

How do you deal with this sense of disappointment? How do you self-actualize without surrounding yourself with only other ENFPs? Is it possible? I'm not sure anymore.

I have no issues with ENFPs. Dating one and she appreciates the S i bring to her Ne. I pretty much center it as it goes left and right and up nd down. I pretty much grab the some strays and pull them back in that fit and knock others out of the park that dont apply.

For example she will read and take a concept and make a single connection off what she read to my son and then extrapolate. So while that single connection may fit, the extrapolation from it went south and derailed from reality. I do this alot, sometimes the extrapolation is spot on oher times I dont know and say, we can try and see if it fits reality because she entered into an unkown or possibility i am not aware of. We go back and forth alot with this stuff. Me being very grounded and her with her head in the clouds.

I appreciate the N she rings to me S as well.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Found this on Facebook...i would say this is Ne pretty accurately.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Found this on Facebook...i would say this is Ne pretty accurately.

Love the pic! Personally, I'd identify this more with Ni, and Ne would be a more scaled back pic showing the water's edge with ducks outside the pond as well. We have all this stored knowledge of the world but the beauty is that there are absolutely no boundaries, including that between the water and ground :newwink:

This is turning out to be such a fun thread!

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I have no issues with ENFPs. Dating one and she appreciates the S i bring to her Ne. I pretty much center it as it goes left and right and up nd down. I pretty much grab the some strays and pull them back in that fit and knock others out of the park that dont apply.

For example she will read and take a concept and make a single connection off what she read to my son and then extrapolate. So while that single connection may fit, the extrapolation from it went south and derailed from reality. I do this alot, sometimes the extrapolation is spot on oher times I dont know and say, we can try and see if it fits reality because she entered into an unkown or possibility i am not aware of. We go back and forth alot with this stuff. Me being very grounded and her with her head in the clouds.

I appreciate the N she rings to me S as well.

I feel I subconsciously seek out those that can ground me, for good reason. I tend to befriend SFJs and NTJs most the time. What really helps me to ground my lofty ideas and connections is by talking to people and using them as a sounding board. Ideally, I'd want a full on Ne/Ne idea generation session, but as long as someone is willing to hear me out, offer some words to keep me from straying too far off into space, then my ideas tend to still be outlandish at times, yet more realistic. It's when I'm on my own for too long with my ideas bottling up in my head where my Ne can run amok. It absolutely needs that external feedback, not just to keep it more grounded, but to generate further ideas too!

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel I subconsciously seek out those that can ground me, for good reason. I tend to befriend SFJs and NTJs most the time. What really helps me to ground my lofty ideas and connections is by talking to people and using them as a sounding board. Ideally, I'd want a full on Ne/Ne idea generation session, but as long as someone is willing to hear me out, offer some words to keep me from straying too far off into space, then my ideas tend to still be outlandish at times, yet more realistic. It's when I'm on my own for too long with my ideas bottling up in my head where my Ne can run amok. It absolutely needs that external feedback, not just to keep it more grounded, but to generate further ideas too!

Lol, thats when you end up with ENFPs that are all ideas, but solid execution lacks. I kinda laughed at grounded NTJs, but i guess compared to Ne, Ni is grounded, lol. Maybe its an S and an N thing.To each thier own. Ni are just solid head in cloud people...lol. inferior Se for win. Just take a look at thread about weaker Se in NTJs...lol. To each their own.

I dont know much SFJ so i cant really comment on them.

My Gf is terrified of our sons future because if he gets her ideas and my ability to execute on them, lord help the world. He better have a solid set of values...lol.

How old are you out of curiosity?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Love the pic! Personally, I'd identify this more with Ni, and Ne would be a more scaled back pic showing the water's edge with ducks outside the pond as well. We have all this stored knowledge of the world but the beauty is that there are absolutely no boundaries, including that between the water and ground :newwink:

This is turning out to be such a fun thread!

Actually this represent the ENxP in action. 50 million ideas, lots of ducks in pond. None really aligned, but there will be more soon, still not aligned, but i will get to it, oohhhh, more ducks to go with these other ones...lmao :D

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Lol, thats when you end up with ENFPs that are all ideas, but solid execution lacks. I kinda laughed at grounded NTJs, but i guess compared to Ne, Ni is grounded, lol. Maybe its an S and an N thing.To each thier own. Ni are just solid head in cloud people...lol. inferior Se for win. Just take a look at thread about weaker Se in NTJs...lol. To each their own.

I dont know much SFJ so i cant really comment on them.

My Gf is terrified of our sons future because if he gets her ideas and my ability to execute on them, lord help the world. He better have a solid set of values...lol.

How old are you out of curiosity?

Maybe it's the Ne/Ni dynamic that I enjoy in NTJs. Often times we're thinking the same things or understand things in very similar ways where we can talk about things without having to always explain our perspective. It makes communication so much easier. Though, I would probably have to owe it to their stronger use of Te that I'm really after. I feel like I'm just developing a strong Te now, and sort of getting into the mindset similar to a Te dom. Of course, my emotions still rule over all, but Te is much more observed these days versus when I was an adolescent.

But ya, in general, I'm definitely much more an ideas person. If I actually want something done, I may try to get someone else to do it for me haha. It's pretty bad.

Now, the SFJs, I think we connect well because of our shared Si so I agree with them on many things and honestly, talking with one feels like hopping into bed with them (non-sexually). It's just so cozy and warm. But the S/N dynamic affords me some interesting dialogues for sure.

I'm 29 btw.