• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Intertype relationships

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm interested in intertype relationship schemes/theories in general. Mostly MBTI.

Socionics has its set of intertype relationships defined with internal logical consistency. Keirsey has his thing about SP/SJ and NT/NF pairings. Some folks just throw shit out there.

What others are out there, whether for MBTI or for other typology systems? Are there any informal forum polls? Heuristics? Formal studies?

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is so much beyond cognitive functions that determines the success of a relationship. We can throw more typing systems into the mix: enneagrams, instinctual variants, socionics, even "love languages" perhaps. However, even if you were to compile a master book of types and were to find a pattern, I doubt it would work across the board because what if one type does well with someone who is opposite of them and then another type does well with a person of their same type? So take it one step further. Let's say you compile a master MASTER book of all the types and tailor which type each would best be suited for, even then you would find problems. Humans are complex and personally, I believe most of what a person looks for in a relationship is an answer to the subconscious and unresolved issues of their past, which cannot be simplified to a formula.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There is so much beyond cognitive functions that determines the success of a relationship. We can throw more typing systems into the mix: enneagrams, instinctual variants, socionics, even "love languages" perhaps. However, even if you were to compile a master book of types and were to find a pattern, I doubt it would work across the board because what if one type does well with someone who is opposite of them and then another type does well with a person of their same type? So take it one step further. Let's say you compile a master MASTER book of all the types and tailor which type each would best be suited for, even then you would find problems. Humans are complex and personally, I believe most of what a person looks for in a relationship is an answer to the subconscious and unresolved issues of their past, which cannot be simplified to a formula.

I totally agree that typology isn't exactly the best guide for such things -- but this isn't about actually trying to find anyone a really real match in the real world. I'm actually looking for models in and of themselves :)