• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who Here Can Type Others Based On Facial Phenotypes?

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As in, you can type someone just by looking at their photos.
Kinda need to talk to somebody at length about this.
Is it a real thing or is it all bull?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=10786]Swivelinglight[/MENTION] and [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] I think?

Personally not sure how much I buy into any of it. :/ I VI as ISTJ I think.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Give me a mug shot of you and I'll do my best.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
sounds like an interesting typing method and definitely worth trying out but I probably am not able to

.... I failed the VI test. A few times. I mean I was kinda close on some of them?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=11928]Woaden[/MENTION] always had interesting reads into people's personalities based on facial expressions/features and body language, even if typings were a little off.

[MENTION=22926]boomslang[/MENTION] is good at just picking up on type vibes (COME BACK)

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oops I may have misread. Facial Phenotypes as in genetic facial features? I'm not really on that train. But I'm still willing to give it a chance? (emphasis on the "?")

Mole

Permabanned

It's an exercise in imagination. It is fun. It gives us sense of power and magic. And it is wise to keep in mind that this is not psychometrics. It does not give us a reliable and valid picture of anyone's personality.

But worse it categorises living people into types. It is a form of reification where we turn living people into things. And how much fun it is. But it betrays an existential sickness where secretly we regard ourselves as things and perversely delight into turning other people into things, just like us.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
For pictures : I think Ni dom types have a good chance of guessing correctly. Since we dig into a whole catalogue of patterns (including facial patterns).
In terms of judging people by appearance, with gestures, voice intonation and all, I think NiFe combo types have a good shot. But it's always gonna be guesswork.

I particulary fancy people who have very little outer features to catagorize them by (for example people who dress very neutral or, opposite, who dress very excentric), as it makes one mysterious, difficult to type(cast).

Wether you like it or not, stereotyping people is part of how we structure our world and how we deal with the people we meet. I just hope people leave room for correction when they judge me. Nobody likes to be put in a box, figuratively speaking. And literally too, I imagine ;) There's a thin line between judging and being judgemental.

boomslang

friendly and accessible
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=22926]boomslang[/MENTION] is good at just picking up on type vibes (COME BACK)

I'm done with the face thing in a formal capacity for a while now, I reckon.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just sent [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] my mugshots, lmao. Come at me if you want snapshots to type as well. ;p

iauiugu

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
This youtube channel is all about the idea of typing people by sight. It's only got one video towards that effect on Perception vs Judgment behavioral norms. I wouldn't know if the people he's typing are actually Js or Ps, but after watching the video I find his distinctions seem to hold for people I know

Typing by sight seems to be more of a socionics thing and maligned by other jungian typists. Not sure why, beyond the generally scary notion that we are more organic robots than unique snowflakes on a breeze of the unfolding cosmos

Mole

Permabanned
This youtube channel is all about the idea of typing people by sight. It's only got one video towards that effect on Perception vs Judgment behavioral norms. I wouldn't know if the people he's typing are actually Js or Ps, but after watching the video I find his distinctions seem to hold for people I know

Typing by sight seems to be more of a socionics thing and maligned by other jungian typists. Not sure why, beyond the generally scary notion that we are more organic robots than unique snowflakes on a breeze of the unfolding cosmos

No qualified psychometrician would even think of typing anyone by sight. This is only done by cultists.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Bad experiences? ;)

That so-called physiognomist took one look at Mole's face and said, "You look like the type who should live underground, out of sight."

I don't blame him for being bitter.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nobody. /Two Cents

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think it's true, it's most obvious in typing ESTPs and ENTPs, but you can't only depend on that, you have to see them talk and express their ideas

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
This is where Typology can take a turn for the downright loopy in my view. Remember the times when scientists were trying to make correlations between perceived intelligence and ethnicity with the measurements of cranium size? Ahh, those were good times.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is where Typology can take a turn for the downright loopy in my view. Remember the times when scientists were trying to make correlations between perceived intelligence and ethnicity with the measurements of cranium size? Ahh, those were good times.

Holy ish. o_o Now I definitely can see how crazy this all sounds. Good observation there!

Mole

Permabanned
Bad experiences? ;)

I have had one brief personal experience with a cult. It was the cult of the Orange People, the cult of Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh and his lieutenant Ma Sheela.

I read all his books and they were impressive, a combination of Hinduism and Western psychotherapy. He was plausible, and highly intelligent and educated Westerners were attracted to a commune in Oregon.

However it turned out he was a sexual abuser, an exploiter of labour, a murderer, a paranoid, and a manipulator of the innocent. He was pursued by both the American and Indian Governments and escaped to Brasil.

Fortunately I could see right from he beginning the Orange People were exploiting psychotherapy, and I left.

So when I was invited by the moderator Geoff to join Typology Central, I soon found out mbti was fake psychometrics based on confirmation bias, and as I went deeper I found the founder, Carl Jung, was psychotic and fought on the wrong side of WW II.

And what is fascinating is how attractive mbti is to the vulnerable and the naive, and how they defend mbti in spite of the facts.