• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who Here Can Type Others Based On Facial Phenotypes?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ya those facials.... you never know her type :)

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I soon found out mbti was fake psychometrics based on confirmation bias, and as I went deeper I found the founder, Carl Jung, was psychotic and fought on the wrong side of WW II.

And what is fascinating is how attractive mbti is to the vulnerable and the naive, and how they defend mbti in spite of the facts.

To whom it may concern:

Mole has been making these same allegations about Jung's cooperation with the Nazis for a long time, and I've called him out — and pointed him to sources that correct him — more than once. (More in this post and the posts it links to.)

And one of my recent rebuttals to Mole's neverending claims that the MBTI is "fake" and cultlike can be found in this post and the post it links to.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As in, you can type someone just by looking at their photos.
Kinda need to talk to somebody at length about this.
Is it a real thing or is it all bull?
It's all bull, IMO. Up there with phrenology.

The MBTI is about thought processes, and there isn't enough of a direct link from thought processes to physical appearance and expression, for an exercise like this to make any sense.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Holy ish. o_o Now I definitely can see how crazy this all sounds. Good observation there!

So what makes typing by the way someone's face looks different than phrenology and the like then? I see you've not connected the dots of the two being similar beforehand. What makes typing by appearance legitimate, but not phrenology?

Edit: On a related note, VI has always been what has severely put me off from Socionics. Just the mere fact that the system entertains the idea makes me not want to touch any of the rest of the system, even while wearing rubber gloves and a mask.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
It's a real thing, obviously?

Lol, of course you can get a glimpse at someone's personality through a photo.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
It's a real thing, obviously?

Lol, of course you can get a glimpse at someone's personality through a photo.

Buuut the OP referred to "facial phenotypes" that would enable you to "type someone just by looking at their photos."

That goes beyond "a glimpse at someone's personality," dontcha think?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Buuut the OP referred to "facial phenotypes" that would enable you to "type someone just by looking at their photos."

That goes beyond "a glimpse at someone's personality," dontcha think?

Not necessarily; how keen is your eye?

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So what makes typing by the way someone's face looks different than phrenology and the like then? I see you've not connected the dots of the two being similar beforehand. What makes typing by appearance legitimate, but not phrenology?

It was more curiosity that made me ponder its legitimacy, but I think its a farce, honestly. The face thing, I mean. :D

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There's not an exact science to it, nor is there a one-to-one correspondence between physical features and function-attitudes. But photos may tell you at least a bit about someone, especially via facial expressions.

Operative words: "not an exact science," "may."

Videos can reveal orders of magnitude more than can photos. For example, someone who leans toward extraversion is likely to gesticulate and seize all available bandwidth, at least compared to one who leans toward introversion.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's a bunch of bullshit.

Actually whats is based on, because i do it to a degree. Its alot more complicated and motion helps greatly with VI. But like Fi vs Fe you can actually see in the eyes and expression if its is an actual internal expression outwards...Fe or if its an Fi person trying to externally create that expression. Fi seems mre disconnected then Fe in expression. Fi expresion manifests itself by radiance, basically it builds up from the inside and finally shines outside.

I am not an expert, but i can read people very well. Its why i dont judge personality based off of the details like alot do, but the flow of a person.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
It was more curiosity that made me ponder its legitimacy, but I think its a farce, honestly. The face thing, I mean. :D

Ah, ok. I got a bit of the wrong idea from the first post.

joealienprince

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it really depends, but for the most case not usually

I've heard that its common for INFPs to have "sad, concerned looking eyebrows" and I feel like my eyebrows sometimes look like that lol
but I definitely also think that people of any type can have distinguishable eyebrows :D

in accordance with my type, many INFPs I know dress very uniquely

I think its likely that ISTJs and ESTJs are more into dressing conservatively, but I might sound like I'm generalizing

most ExFPs I know have very kind faces, like larger mouths and cute noses :frolic:

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Haven't there been studies showing a correlation between big 5 traits and facial structure?

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Based upon their demeanor and expressions and clothing and such: Impossible to know, because you don't know the context of the situation in which the picture was taken.

Based upon facial structure: Worthless. At this point you may as well just tell people how ugly or attractive they are, which is a terrible way to judge anything about anyone outside of vanity itself.