• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Can We Ever - Truly KNOW - Another?

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
Thanks! I collect vintage erotic art and one of the sources I have - sometimes has random pics come available also. I was smitten as soon as I saw this one. Are you a 'cat person'?
I just love the feel of it. It just has so much character and its beautiful. I'm more of a dog person myself. Sometimes I wonder if the difference between INFP and ENFP is that INFPs like cats and ENFPs like dogs. ;)[/QUOTE]

Haha! Maybe we should make a poll :D

I confess I love dogs too. I just can't justify having one in a smaller, urban dwelling :shrug:

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Succinct and well put in it's entirety! I value how you are spare with words > but they say so much, my friend. I can learn from you :)

frwl011.jpg

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
^ d) Why is this human petting me instead of feeding me and cleaning my shitbox?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Vague answer. But Id run all over myself if I attempted to elaborate.

Yes and no. And the no is what makes things worth being. Attempting to find the comfort of a yes, but never quite getting there promotes the enviroment where one can afford to be themself. Divergence.

Boy Im deep.

Its more just I cant otherwise.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No. You're always seeing another person through your own eyes, not their eyes. Most people just see reflections of themselves.

Permabanned
No. You're always seeing another person through your own eyes, not their eyes. Most people just see reflections of themselves.

True, but everything we perceive is warped by our psyche, thus irrelevant to the OP.

Of course we aren't telepathic, what we 'know' or believe to know pertains to one's awareness. I think the impression of 'truly' knowing someone isn't scientifically-bound, it's a ratio of how much they are willing/trying to communicate (of themselves) x our ability to perceive what they are communicating (directly and indirectly - oftentimes the latter speaks louder).

I think when the awareness, as in, conscious, deliberate, mindful effort of trying to communicate/understand the other person, is met with a perceived reciprocation, at least in excess of 50% of the time, that will yield a positive sense of understanding, and the higher that frequency and ratio of effort to response, the higher that sense will be, which over time will reinforce the impression of knowing the other person - given the success history. Note none of that precludes a unilateral belief, in either direction, regardless of the participation of the other party, but that's much lower on the scale of healthy/efficient - granted, part of the human experience.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think it is possible to completely know another person, and some could debate whether it is possible to completely know oneself.

We can move in the direction of knowing or not knowing, but I don't think there is a place when we know absolutely another person. I can feel it with my closest interactions, that conceptual sheet of glass we look through trying to see and know. This is the sense in those relationships that some might call a complete connection, but it feels like glimpsing an ever shifting infinity when looking at another human being.