User Tag List

First 345

Quote Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
    Thanks! I collect vintage erotic art and one of the sources I have - sometimes has random pics come available also. I was smitten as soon as I saw this one. Are you a 'cat person'?
    I just love the feel of it. It just has so much character and its beautiful. I'm more of a dog person myself. Sometimes I wonder if the difference between INFP and ENFP is that INFPs like cats and ENFPs like dogs. [/QUOTE]

Haha! Maybe we should make a poll

I confess I love dogs too. I just can't justify having one in a smaller, urban dwelling

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudpatrol View Post
    Succinct and well put in it's entirety! I value how you are spare with words > but they say so much, my friend. I can learn from you
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post

Girl is cat : is to picture as

a) cat likes having head petted b) cat is alarmed by hand petting it's head c) a & b

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

^ d) Why is this human petting me instead of feeding me and cleaning my shitbox?

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6 sp

Vague answer. But Id run all over myself if I attempted to elaborate.

Yes and no. And the no is what makes things worth being. Attempting to find the comfort of a yes, but never quite getting there promotes the enviroment where one can afford to be themself. Divergence.

Boy Im deep.

Its more just I cant otherwise.

Permabanned
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Fi

No. You're always seeing another person through your own eyes, not their eyes. Most people just see reflections of themselves.
    Likes RedAmazoneFriendZone, 1487610420 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by hel View Post
    No. You're always seeing another person through your own eyes, not their eyes. Most people just see reflections of themselves.
    True, but everything we perceive is warped by our psyche, thus irrelevant to the OP.

Of course we aren't telepathic, what we 'know' or believe to know pertains to one's awareness. I think the impression of 'truly' knowing someone isn't scientifically-bound, it's a ratio of how much they are willing/trying to communicate (of themselves) x our ability to perceive what they are communicating (directly and indirectly - oftentimes the latter speaks louder).

I think when the awareness, as in, conscious, deliberate, mindful effort of trying to communicate/understand the other person, is met with a perceived reciprocation, at least in excess of 50% of the time, that will yield a positive sense of understanding, and the higher that frequency and ratio of effort to response, the higher that sense will be, which over time will reinforce the impression of knowing the other person - given the success history. Note none of that precludes a unilateral belief, in either direction, regardless of the participation of the other party, but that's much lower on the scale of healthy/efficient - granted, part of the human experience.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp

I don't think it is possible to completely know another person, and some could debate whether it is possible to completely know oneself.

We can move in the direction of knowing or not knowing, but I don't think there is a place when we know absolutely another person. I can feel it with my closest interactions, that conceptual sheet of glass we look through trying to see and know. This is the sense in those relationships that some might call a complete connection, but it feels like glimpsing an ever shifting infinity when looking at another human being.
    bunny omi