• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] which type is most likely to buy and eat food they hate because...

slylingual

MBTI Type
ENFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
they feel bad for the people selling it? i can't walk through the food court at the mall without buying food. i see the tired and often sad looks on the faces of the foreigners selling the food and i get emotional. i don't cry or anything but i create these elaborate stories in my head of what their lives must've been like before moving here, how they got there, what their lives are like now, what they might be thinking, what they might be feeling, their kids, their family back home, and a whole bunch of other shit. how i choose depends on which restaurant has the least amount of customers. i buy the food, sit down, and force myself to eat even if i don't like it/i'm not hungry.

so, yeah. any ideas?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sounds like a very NF thing to do. No regard for sensory pleasure nor habitual preferences, guided principally by hypothetical moral reasoning rather than appetite. However it seems like misguided irrational thinking, since the sad foreign people you imagine having terrible lives in the food court don't get paid more because you choose their restaurant, I mean really they get the same hourly wage if you are talking about a food court in a mall type place.

If you actually care about such things, I recommend you work to destroy corporations and promote small business, as well as fighting for fair wages and equality rather than eating shitty food.

I am vegan and noticed a poll on a vegetarian Web site I frequent - vegans were predominantly IXFX...I was honestly surprised at the number of ISFJs. HOWEVER, another thing I've been able to observe is how different people adjust to vegan lifestyle, and people who just kind of rigidly stop eating all animal products with fewer craving struggles appear to be largely INFJ. As an SFP type I really focused on learning new recipes, trying vegan restaurants, and made it into a more sensory project, and had to overcome cravings more. I'm also less idealistically rigid about animal rights and focus on all the good factual reasons veganism is beneficial.

So you strike me as being some kind of NF with a very rejected T function at this stage in your life. The more you develop Te the more effective your good intentions can become.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
they feel bad for the people selling it?

I'd feel good for them especially if its good food and then I give a tip.

i can't walk through the food court at the mall without buying food. i see the tired and often sad looks on the faces of the foreigners selling the food and i get emotional. i don't cry or anything but i create these elaborate stories in my head of what their lives must've been like before moving here, how they got there, what their lives are like now, what they might be thinking, what they might be feeling, their kids, their family back home, and a whole bunch of other shit.

Hah, this is exactly why they hang out in the food court to catch people like you. :wink:

how i choose depends on which restaurant has the least amount of customers. i buy the food, sit down, and force myself to eat even if i don't like it/i'm not hungry.

so, yeah. any ideas?

A restaurant with little customers gives me caution because why are there so little customers? Is the quality of the food bad or what? I'm willing to try a new place of course but if I'm choosing between established places I like to know about reputation a little bit. Thankfully we have access to reading up on these places before we even go in.

You're a bleeding heart (I don't mean that in a derogatory way) so some people target that specifically because they know you're willing to give up resources to alleviate the distress you feel inside sort of like a confession at a confession booth.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am horrible with that sort of situation. I received a cold call from a company one time to sell me something, I forget what, but then I made up this story in my mind that the man calling me is just trying to get by for his struggling family. I pretty much cried after that call, lmao.

Imagining worst case scenarios is an NF thing more than anything.