• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Come up with a metaphor for all the Jungian functions.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Description is in the title. Let's see your creativity!

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ni: A Shadow of an object - It is intangible and reflective of the objective reality... literally. didn't say it was a good metaphor lol
Ne: a Spiders Web - Connecting of ideas and new perspectives
Si: a Musical Box - Subjective sensory impressions and stored data
Se: Glasses - Realistic and aware of tangible surroundings.

Fi: Candle Flame - Represents inner warmth and sentiment, values and ideals are deprived from the self intrinsically, not external feeling.
Fe: Chameleon - Adapts and conforms to the emotional environment, expresses feeling openly to convey the desired social atmosphere.
Ti: Calculator
Te: No idea

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Feeling functions (Fi and Fe) are like life. Being a human is having feelings. Life is like water.

Fi is like a deep whell (3hird dimension) but on little 2D space. It provides fresh water, but only to few. Fe provides water for many is like a not deep lake. Or farm, for food. Fe can use an acquaintance Fi to provide him with advice so Fe can create an irrigation system for the farm. Probably many Fi's.

I don't know about the others, but like wolfnara said about Ne, it is like mesh internet. Random connection through www.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Pi- Drawings, they are often reflections of reality, holds memories ideas and thoughts, has an internal message that's readily available to only Pi
Ji- A pencil, a pen is mightier than a sword, fine tunes and expresses personal convictions
Pe- A bouncy ball, people play with it and often have fun with it and anyone can create a new game
Je- A shelf, holds up the foundations of the word, great for organizing, conforms to the enviroment

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Description is in the title. Let's see your creativity!

Ni-Long winding path
Ne- fractals/glittery fronds
Se-A stage
Si-making out shapes in clouds
Fe-Hostess with the mostess
Fi-top window view from an isolated tower

Permabanned

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ti - a civil engineering or city planner of a metropolitan area. We see the larger sections like downtown, the various suburbias, malls, inner city, outskirts of downtown that aren't quite suburbia and definitely not inner city residential, night club area, this school district, that school district, the street with all the shootings, Chinatown, college park, etc etc.

Te - real estate agents who decide what part of the city should be what, speed limit laws, no you can't put a gas station there, no you can't keep this as a farm because it's next to downtown so you must pave over the land, etc etc.
(Snickie is probably a little salty about what happened to the orange groves near her house and the fact that there are cow farms literally a block from International Drive in South Orlando that would get paved over if the farmers would ever sell them.)

Ne - the roads that connect the various parts of the city. The way one navigates the streets and highways to reach a destination, passing though this district and that street

Si - knowledge that this street is in shooting district and how to avoid it. Events that happened there years ago and why x demographic doesn't go there now. Historic downtown and it's maze of tiny streets and tiny shops. The organization of x city is this and it has its problems here but y city solves that with this, so why don't we try this combination in z city?

Ni - those who tell Te what x district should be and why. Your plan is dumb, it'll cause these problems

Se - urban sprawl, the ones who design the physical aesthetics of the building according to rules of functionality and appearance

Fe - the protestors against imminent domain and destruction of the rural areas that are both beautiful and providing food and cattle that feed people

Fi - Social Justice Warriors (thanks, [MENTION=26151]Mustafa[/MENTION] !)

Do any of these even make sense?

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
This is cool snickie, Fi could be SJW. Social Justice warriors whom covers those that fall out of Te's grasp

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Makes sense though I feel like SJW could fall heavily under Fe as well. But I don't know much about them anyway, so. Eh.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Makes sense though I feel like SJW could fall heavily under Fe as well. But I don't know much about them anyway, so. Eh.

Derogatory term for politically progressively minded people.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
NI is like having a lightning bolt idea hit you right before the bus does because you forgot to look both ways.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ni: GPS
Ne: firework
Si: Library
Se: Shapeshifter

Ti: Artificial Intelligence
Te: Factory
Fi: Massage Toy
Fe: Lava Lamp

Last edited:

KitchenFly

The Point energy is the metaphor for the function.

Fe - Point:1
Fi - Point:2
Si - Point:3
Ni - Point:4
Ne - Point:5
Se - Point:6
Ti - Point:7
Te - Point:8

Point:9 ,S&N -all processes begin at zero at point:9
Point:9 ,F&T -all processes end at nine at Point:9

- All processes within a particular function, of a particular dynamic.

Last edited:

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I think Fi is a large, sturdy stone in the middle of a rushing river.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Fi is a large, sturdy stone in the middle of a rushing river.
I like this. Also, I think of a mithril shirt.

This seems more like Ti or even Si to me, since it's sort of a database that you can randomly access based on where you are and where you want to go. Ni would instead be your innate sense of direction. The idea that, in the absence of a GPS, you just "know" which direction to drive in to get out of being lost. (Works for me. I don't have and never use a GPS, or even a phone for directions.)

Ni also is like a puzzle that is missing half the pieces. The proficient user can see the whole picture anyway.

Te is like a checklist or even a recipe.

Se is like kindergarten: a day full of finger painting, playing with toy musical instruments, climbing on the monkey bars, getting a snack, and taking a nap.

Ne is like one of those fireworks that shoot up into the sky and then break apart into 8, or 10, or however many pieces, each going off in a different direction and having a different color.

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Te is the bureaucracy.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

This seems more like Ti or even Si to me, since it's sort of a database that you can randomly access based on where you are and where you want to go. Ni would instead be your innate sense of direction. The idea that, in the absence of a GPS, you just "know" which direction to drive in to get out of being lost. (Works for me. I don't have and never use a GPS, or even a phone for directions.)

Ni also is like a puzzle that is missing half the pieces. The proficient user can see the whole picture anyway.

Se is like kindergarten: a day full of finger painting, playing with toy musical instruments, climbing on the monkey bars, getting a snack, and taking a nap.

Ne is like one of those fireworks that shoot up into the sky and then break apart into 8, or 10, or however many pieces, each going off in a different direction and having a different color.

Hmm I saw it as Ni as it predetermined the best path for your destination within seconds from accumulation of data. But sure yeah I know it wasn't perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm I saw it as Ni as it predetermined the best path for your destination within seconds from accumulation of data. But sure yeah I know it wasn't perfect.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Si is a very big, very old tree with lots of roots under the surface.

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
A rant about the school system, JCF style:

Te is what schools want their academic students to use. Facts facts facts efficiency practicality.
Si is yet another one of what schools think students should be expert at. Memorize recall moar facts.
Ni is desirable too, as these people are more inclined to do things, but schools aren't sure how to cram it in there alongside Si.
Ne is the excuse replacement for Ni that is more desirable than the school board knows. They devalue it because it is seen as "flaky" and Ni is mistaken for its good qualities.
Fe is good for those who want to be social movers and for being socially appropriate in the class.
Ti is what schools wish their students had, and they try to grow it but in entirely the wrong way.
Fi is what makes things like corporal punishment illegal and schools want this in their teachers, but only in trace amounts. The school board tends to mistake it for Fe.
Se are the druggies, the students having sex in the hall during lunch, the ones disrupting class with games, etc. But they're also the jocks, and the school gets lots of money from sports. (Art department doesn't matter)

In other words, j types = <3
Ti-users they like the idea of but don't know how to put it into practice
P types = floaty and indecisive and rowdy or some combination of the three. Don't like them as much. Go draw a pony somewhere else.

/rant

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ni: GPS
Ne: firework
Si: Library
Se: Shapeshifter

Ti: Artificial Intelligence
Te: Factory
Fi: Message Toy
Fe: Lava Lamp

I almost got really excited.... I've always identified as a Massage Toy myself but it seems I misread your definition for Fi. :boohoo: