• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introverts and a late 20s bump in extroversion

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think the opposite is going on with me...

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Maybe it's just that as we grow older, we become more balanced. Introverts learn to extrovert a little. Extroverts learn to introvert a little.

Personality Analyst

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Happened to me also when I entered uni (huge surge in engaging people and social events), but ended up withdrawing into introvert mode after a year or so because of the low quality of people (now the extraversion just comes out in bursts). It was very beneficial though.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Happened to me also when I entered uni (huge surge in engaging people and social events), but ended up withdrawing into introvert mode after a year or so because of the low quality of people (now the extraversion just comes out in bursts). It was very beneficial though.
I loathed many of the people at my uni too. Those were people who mistakenly took their lack of empathy, bad manners and lack of social awareness for a sign of intelligence and excellence.

Personality Analyst

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I loathed many of the people at my uni too. Those were people who mistakenly took their lack of empathy, bad manners and lack of social awareness for a sign of intelligence and excellence.

Exactly.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My extroversion has been pretty consistant through life. Very much so Se extroversion. I have to work towards Fe extroversion.

I do see the benefit of Fe extroversion for me, but its just not something that yields a very high return on investment due to my enjoyments in life.

My Fe kicks in big time when drinking, less think and more social in an Fe manner...of course Se does as well..its like a competition between focus of control and loss of control due to motor skills. Like mentally offsetting the loss of motor skills. Could be equated to drifting, controlling the loss of control...lol

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I can relate to this a lot. I was quite introverted until about the age of 30 but now I find being around people to be much more energizing and enjoyable. It has made it me unsure whether I am an INFP or ENFP since most comparison posts say INFPs should have no doubts about their introversion.