• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Oblivousness Index

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
Got this out of the MBTI Manual - Interesting how gender impacts the results

The index is the percentage that is satisfied in the relationship (while their partner isn't)

Type Men Women

ISTJ 16% 7%
ISTP 0% 0%
ESTP 9% 0%
ESTJ 12% 9%
ISFJ 14% 10%
ISFP 22% 4%
ESFP 21% 5%
ESFJ 10% 8%
INFJ 31% 0%
INFP 11% 0%
ENFP 7% 12%
ENFJ 10% 13%
INTJ 0% 11%
INTP 33% 0%
ENTP 11% 11%
ENTJ 19% 0%

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
It seems like women are dissatisfied with their men. Anyhow, this is really good news for an INTJ like me, but possibly not for male INTPs. I wonder about the reliability of the numbers though. Do you know how many were interviewed?

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
It seems like women are dissatisfied with their men. Anyhow, this is really good news for an INTJ like me, but possibly not for male INTPs. I wonder about the reliability of the numbers though Do you know how many were interviewed?

Grah, message eaten. Again. Alright, third time. Shorthand. (It's the triple dot in your post Splittet, if you could remove it :p )

Sucks to be an ISTP then. But FFM would say something similar - TSP, in that order, affect spousal happiness.

I question the numbers. I doubt that the average happiness is 5.63% for women and 13.13% for men. I still doubt it even if the chart is literally meaning happy spouse + unhappy spouse combination.

Chaselation

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't get it.

I'm missing something too.

My quick no calculation average has 10% of people satisfied? Was this done on couples of all types with equal representation of types. The numbers aren't meaning much to me. A link perhaps.

Entropy

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm missing something too.

My quick no calculation average has 10% of people satisfied? Was this done on couples of all types with equal representation of types. The numbers aren't meaning much to me. A link perhaps.
I don't think it's people who are satisfied with their relationships in total.
It's the percentage of people who are satisfied while their partner isn't. (I don't know why chimp put it in parentheses, it made it a bit confusing). Hence the title "Obliviousness Index".

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
Sorry, it took me a minute to realize what they meant to, until I read the blurb describing the study.

The first line with male ISTJs means 16% of ISTJs said they were satisfied with their relationship (while their partners weren't).

So if you were an ISTJ who wasn't satisfied, (whether you're partner was or wasn't), you would be part of the other 84%. Also if you were an ISTJ who was satisfied AND so was your partner - then you still be part of the other 84%. It doesn't mean that 7% of the women with ISTJ men are unhappy. Each column is independent, of the other, in terms of who they are in a relationship with.

sundowning

MBTI Type
ISTP
Women are hard to please?

....Uhhh....

*cough*

Preposterous!

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't think it's people who are satisfied with their relationships in total.
It's the percentage of people who are satisfied while their partner isn't. (I don't know why chimp put it in parentheses, it made it a bit confusing). Hence the title "Obliviousness Index".

I always sucked at grammar, cause I kind of skipped those years. I have this bad habit if interchanging, commas, semicolons, hyphens and parentheses to break up my sentences. I used to write in horrible run on sentences until college, until I decided to adopt this new strategy, of interlacing sentences with arbitrarily with one of those devices (so I wouldn't keep using the same device repeatedly and hope no one notices).

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well, am I or am I not correct in reading the OP as more women than men are dissatisfied with their relationships?

Yes that's extremely likely to be the case but isn't necessarily so. Depending on % of each type of the population. or one could imagine a scenario where women realize their man isn't happy, it will make them dissatisfied too. and conversely, when mean realize, they don't care as long as they're happy.

Entropy

MBTI Type
INTP
Yes that's extremely likely to be the case but isn't necessarily so. Depending on % of each type of the population. or one could imagine a scenario where women realize their man isn't happy, it will make them dissatisfied too. and conversely, when mean realize, they don't care as long as they're happy.
Maybe it might also an issue that when men are happy and the woman isn't, they might not be inclined to think at first that it has anything to do with them.
"She's unhappy, that's her problem. Not mine. I haven't done anything wrong."

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
In defense of men, though. Women have higher standards, generally. Most of us are happy we're getting laid at all. Women have more options so they can afford to be a bit choosier.

We're not selfish, we're desperate.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Wow this makes me feel good:

Male INFJ 31% :D

Heh heh, that's bad, not good.

It means that;

1) You (typewise :D) are selfish and don't care that your partner is unhappy;
2) You are unaware that your partner is unhappy;
3) Make your partner unhappy (cause conflict, gaps, communication);
4) Are unable to make your partner happy (lacking in providing emotional support, etc).

Those are the four interpretations that one can take... I can't think of how else it can be taken.

In defense of men, though. Women have higher standards, generally. Most of us are happy we're getting laid at all. Women have more options so they can afford to be a bit choosier.

Wouldn't it follow that men would be trying harder to keep their mates happy?

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
Wouldn't it follow that men would be trying harder to keep their mates happy?

One would think so, but after the relationship gets more serious, I notice the tables generally flip. After considerable repeat sex (women get more attached) and men get less intense. This is generally speaking, of course.

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
Wow this makes me feel good:

Male INFJ 31% :D

You might take solace in the fact male INFJs are exceedingly rare (along with female INTJs). So within the small sample size, it would probably only take a few occurences to skew the numbers.

idle_reign

MBTI Type
INFJ
bahaha!
A year later...*ahem* (new here) I see as an female INFJ I am never happy in a relationship? lol. Ok I conceed.
I am going to take that and run!