• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] How is Fe a feeling function for the Fe user?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Look at Zombies signature and you know he is a devil. You tell me what I am.

I think you desire direction in both the internal and external, but in both cases from something other than a 'self'. I think you are misguided and hollow.

Zombie is a devil to you insofar as he is a foil to this.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow, this is a fantastic explanation of Fe. For some reason, this explanation versus others I've seen, allowed me to grasp it much more readily. I'm still very curious as to the feeling aspect though, like how would an Fe user describe their own feelings? Or, are their feelings an amalgamation of the emotions they picked up from others, which then leads them to act on that gained ball of emotion? Like oh, this jumble feels off, I'm going to do something external about it. Or, do Fe users know exactly what it is they feel internally?

But serious, thanks again for your post. I feel I am a few steps closer to ACTUALLY understanding Fe through and through :D

I tend to absorb other people's emotions, anxieties, etc. plus, I have my own.... my emotions tend to be intense and all-consuming but I basically try to compartmentalize to get stuff done or occasionally they will light a fire under my butt to take action. I usually feel the urge to immediately act upon my feelings but I try to take a step back.

To outsiders, I usually come off very diplomatic, formal, and considerate.... FPs seem to find this alien and unnatural and try to get me to be "myself". It's funny because I am being myself in that it feels second nature to me.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
He is just a fearful boy-man who tries to wear a scary mask.

And you are a jester.
He is courageously taking side with Lucifer, and accepts the consequences. But ... You were joking and having fun, i thought i'd join. Why am i a joker? I'm batman!

- - - Updated - - -

I think you desire direction in both the internal and external, but in both cases from something other than a 'self'. I think you are misguided and hollow.

Zombie is a devil to you insofar as he is a foil to this.
MBTI is not reality.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
He is courageously taking side with Lucifer, and accepts the consequences. But ... You were joking and having fun, i thought i'd join. Why am i a joker? I'm batman!

- - - Updated - - -

MBTI is not reality.

I wasn't talking about MBTI or using MBTI terminology. :shrug:

It's not a very important theory to me. I think your signature betrays an attempt to justify being devout to the point of blindness by claiming others do the same with different sources, except the source of being devout does change how that 'devotion' manifests based on what it is. A devotion to knowledge is not the same as a religious or spiritual devotion.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
:D Haha! I and [MENTION=25403]ZombieNinjaPirate[/MENTION] are Lucifer! :ninja:

Funniest_Memes_there-can-be-only-one_14668.jpeg

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can clearly understand Fe as a device for getting things done, similar to Te, but through a different mode.

I had a little insight into this recently. My understanding is that both Fe and Te are functions that operate with an ever present awareness. Fe is just aware of the present emotional atmosphere, and values that information as relevant. My Te does not value that as relevant information. They are both tuned in to "a system" outside of themselves though. It's just a different system that each values.

And while I know everyone has inner feelings, duh, we're not robots here, I'm still having a hard time connecting Fe to the sort of internal feelings one feels with Fi. It can't just be an Fi user's domain, to feel feelings like that right??

This is asking Fe about Fi, in an Fi way haha. I find it funny haha.

Wow, this is a fantastic explanation of Fe. For some reason, this explanation versus others I've seen, allowed me to grasp it much more readily. I'm still very curious as to the feeling aspect though, like how would an Fe user describe their own feelings? Or, are their feelings an amalgamation of the emotions they picked up from others, which then leads them to act on that gained ball of emotion? Like oh, this jumble feels off, I'm going to do something external about it. Or, do Fe users know exactly what it is they feel internally?

But serious, thanks again for your post. I feel I am a few steps closer to ACTUALLY understanding Fe through and through :D

Fe is a neutral, extraverted, INPUT function (as I understand it). When functioning as an INPUT function, it's like a sponge. It merely absorbs without judgment. It could be described as ethical sensitivity (feeling the pain of others, the joy of others, etc.). It may also be called "compassion" (i.e. feeling-with).

Fe is also a decidedly non-neutral, extraverted, OUTPUT function. In this sense, it encompasses the ability of a person (through speech, facial expression, mimicry, gestures, tone, and every other available human faculty) to affect others ... generally by "pushing their emotional/ethical buttons" to achieve the decidedly subjective aims of the person who's deploying Fe as a means of changing the world (even if that change is something as trivial as just changing the "mood" of one person, i.e. cheering them up). Needless to say, Fe (when well and subtly deployed) can do a lot more than that, on occasion, and may affect a great number of people, but that's how it works as an extraverted OUTPUT function as I understand it.

That is my understanding of Fe as well.

My feelings are little more than the feelings I pick up from others (or loneliness, the feeling I get when I can not pick up the feelings of others).

This is the part I suppose I have a harder time absorbing.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Group values mean nada to me, really. I only care about an individual(s).

I mean even Typology Central has a set of "group values" so when and how I consider engaging people, those rules are always in the back of my mind. "Should I even start a conversation with a specific member or will it just become a mindfuck?" "Is it worth it to make a certain thread if I know it could inadvertently cause a mess for the mods?" Group values could be just as simple as that.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
I mean even Typology Central has a set of "group values" so when and how I consider engaging people, those rules are always in the back of my mind. "Should I even start a conversation with a specific member or will it just become a mindfuck?" "Is it worth it to make a certain thread if I know it could inadvertently cause a mess for the mods?" Group values could be just as simple as that.
She is actually working on that. You can do it!

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

OOOOHHHHHHH. Yes, i am learning (painfully, but it hurts so good) to be considerate of this group. There are certain rules one must follow to engage and be included. I respect that.

But it isnt my natural state. I guess i have lived in the wild a long time, and need to become tamed. :blush:

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I will post more later as I wont have time until this evening, but I do want to point out that this is not an accurate reflection of either Fe or Fi. The idea that Fe is shallow is and old tired stereotype.

I was under the impression that Mustafa was talking about breadth vs depth. Just like all of the introverted functions usually take a look at things contextually over time,the extraverted functions react in the moment right now, and don't take time to ruminate. Whether the extraverted function is perception or judgment doesn't matter, it has to be generalized to incorporate all facets. And in having to generalize to incorporate all facets, there is a natural consequence of not actually having incorporated everything, just majority. Where as an introverted function reaches the depth of each facet, individually, and at much slower pace of course.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I was under the impression that Mustafa was talking about breadth vs depth. Just like all of the introverted functions usually take a look at things contextually over time,the extraverted functions react in the moment right now, and don't take time to ruminate. Whether the extraverted function is perception or judgment doesn't matter, it has to be generalized to incorporate all facets. And in having to generalize to incorporate all facets, there is a natural consequence of not actually having incorporated everything, just majority. Where as an introverted function reaches the depth of each facet, individually, and at much slower pace of course.

You understand Mustafa? What's your secret? I've been trying for several days with limited success.