• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Non-Ti people: How do you view Ti?

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Younger TPs can drive me insane.... Because they tend to nitpick over things that seem irrelevant but older TPs tend know when to pick their battles better.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can somebody please explain to me what Ti is, very slowly, very simply, like you would talk to a child, using examples? I feel so stupid, but I've read everywhere for stuff on Ti and I still don't understand it. Real-life examples would be great. :shrug:

Think of Ti as a skeleton. Ti gives the structure to the (figurative) human body, where each bone links to another bone to create the whole skeleton. The bones in this case is your understanding of something, where each bone has its part in your understanding and the skeleton is the whole understanding of something. If one bone breaks, then the rest of the skeleton won't be as sturdy as it would be. If too many bones break, the skeleton will collapse.

If there is a lapse in understanding, the Ti person will try to repair that bone. How they repair it is up to them; some read, some ask questions etc. Once they get skeleton all linked up, it's time to add some muscle to the bone. They get the meat from either Se or Ne, where Se sees and uses live data and Ne sees and uses potential data.

This is the best of my understanding of Ti. I hope you understand it too.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
It's like Fi except concerned with technical correctness instead of moral correctness (Fi).

I'm supposed to be Ti PoLR in Socionics but in reality I don't mind Ti.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have absolutely 0 idea of how my own Ti works. I'm sure it exists though.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Think of Ti as a skeleton. Ti gives the structure to the (figurative) human body, where each bone links to another bone to create the whole skeleton. The bones in this case is your understanding of something, where each bone has its part in your understanding and the skeleton is the whole understanding of something. If one bone breaks, then the rest of the skeleton won't be as sturdy as it would be. If too many bones break, the skeleton will collapse.

If there is a lapse in understanding, the Ti person will try to repair that bone. How they repair it is up to them; some read, some ask questions etc. Once they get skeleton all linked up, it's time to add some muscle to the bone. They get the meat from either Se or Ne, where Se sees and uses live data and Ne sees and uses potential data.

This is the best of my understanding of Ti. I hope you understand it too.

Would you say that this process of understanding is sequential or holistic? Meaning, do you tend to see all the pieces falling into place at the same time, or do you go piece by piece, understanding how things fit together in relation to other pieces. So, are you understanding things through their relational value to other things or by understanding its core essence? Does that make sense?

Basically, I'm trying to understand Ti through my understanding of Ne. It does help to think of Ti in relation to Fi for sure, but I'd like to get further perspectives of Ti, versus solely understanding it through Fi.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Would you say that this process of understanding is sequential or holistic? Meaning, do you tend to see all the pieces falling into place at the same time, or do you go piece by piece, understanding how things fit together in relation to other pieces. So, are you understanding things through their relational value to other things or by understanding its core essence? Does that make sense?

Basically, I'm trying to understand Ti through my understanding of Ne. It does help to think of Ti in relation to Fi for sure, but I'd like to get further perspectives of Ti, versus solely understanding it through Fi.

It would depend on the person. For myself, I tend to see things as a whole, and then zoom into the subtleties. It doesn't really "move" for me. I see it as a structure; an immobile skeleton. It registers in my head as a human skeleton, and then I look closer. How each bone links to the other to make the whole skeleton.

It is a matter of how you think, whether you think from small to big or big to small -- it doesn't matter if you're sensing or intuitive.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
In my ESTP dad, it tends to manifest in a lot of strategies to circumvent rules to get what he wants, shortcuts when he is doing work with his hands. It also makes him brutally plainspoken at times.

In my INTP friend, it gives him a very funny deadpan/absurd sense of humor (with help from Ne), and a startling talent for linguistics, but on a more annoying note when he is acting more Ti-Si, he just gets into tracing the intricate reasoning of things he has thought about, but doesn't consider his audience at all. I am flattered he tells me stuff though, he doesn't rattle on to just anybody. In fact, I am literally his only friend. He also tends to reject a lot of things out of hand, he has a very narrow band of experience, and I say that as someone who also has a narrow band of experience.

Ti reasoning is just so supremely unconcerned with humans sometimes, it can make one feel superfluous. I am often surprised to find out my INTP friend cares about me, and he is often surprised I have doubted it. And then I feel guilty. But to be fair, I am the only human who has made it this far with him, so I don't want to put ALL the blame on myself. I just tend to think of everything in terms of human values, and that tends to be the last thing he considers.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My view of it is that Ti users, especially Ti doms, are very insightful. I could be wrong, but I think it's because they spend a lot of time (a lot more than I do) sorting out their thoughts on something.

I think Ti stands out to me most when it's compared to Te. Ti will often still be ruminating about a decision, where Te has already come to a conclusion. It highlights that Ti can come off as more evolved in reaching the depth of a subject. However Ti can also tend to make someone come off as indecisive in comparison.