• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Sensotard Vs. Intuitard Moments

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If someone drops a subtle hint on me, as when a female shows sexual interest in me and I don't catch on to it, I've just had a sensotard moment. Most women I've known have been subtle (or delicate?), not obvious, when it comes to the sexual area. I'm bad when it comes to my surroundings as it is, and hinting at things just makes it that much harder for me. The hardest part is when it comes to communicating with Sensors, especially when I'm supposed to come up with a particular answer on the spot. This sometimes leads to a psychological phenomenon known as "talker's regret," when my response was the wrong one and I spend the next few hours mulling over my mistake.

The language of intuition, on the other hand, is not the delicate hint, but the more-or-less obscure metaphor. Some metaphors are more obvious than others, and understanding it often depends on the education level of the listener/reader. A co-worker of mine had an intuitard moment when I told him I was glad to get that albatross off of my neck. He's an Se-dom, the type perhaps the most prone to intuitard moments as their minds relate directly to the physical world, whereas the Si-dom relates to it only indirectly via concretistic subjective impressions.

The stronger the Intuitive the worse the Sensory ability. I rode with a woman who paid utterly no attention to her sensory environment. At every stop light, she had to wait for the person behind her to honk the horn when the light turned green; when changing lanes, she did not check her mirrors but found out it was wrong to change lanes when someone in the lane she wanted, you guessed it, honked angrily at her sensorally naive reckless driving habits.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
If someone drops a subtle hint on me, as when a female shows sexual interest in me and I don't catch on to it, I've just had a sensotard moment. Most women I've known have been subtle (or delicate?), not obvious, when it comes to the sexual area.

That sounds like low Feeling, actually.

I'm bad when it comes to my surroundings as it is, and hinting at things just makes it that much harder for me. The hardest part is when it comes to communicating with Sensors, especially when I'm supposed to come up with a particular answer on the spot.

Not being able to improvise an answer on the spot sounds like Ne PoLR in Socionics.

This sometimes leads to a psychological phenomenon known as "talker's regret," when my response was the wrong one and I spend the next few hours mulling over my mistake.

Talking before thinking is associated with extraversion.

The language of intuition, on the other hand, is not the delicate hint, but the more-or-less obscure metaphor. Some metaphors are more obvious than others, and understanding it often depends on the education level of the listener/reader. A co-worker of mine had an intuitard moment when I told him I was glad to get that albatross off of my neck. He's an Se-dom, the type perhaps the most prone to intuitard moments as their minds relate directly to the physical world, whereas the Si-dom relates to it only indirectly via concretistic subjective impressions.

This actually seems remotely accurate.

I'm an Se dom though and a fucking terrible driver. LOL :blush:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Not being able to improvise an answer on the spot sounds like Ne PoLR in Socionics.

This actually seems remotely accurate.

I'm an Se dom though and a fucking terrible driver. LOL :blush:

Nitpicking is one reason of many why I don't post anything serious to these forums anymore.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Nitpicking is one reason of many why I don't post anything serious to these forums anymore.

You call it nitpicking? Your OP is simply wrong in your analysis. It isn't "nitpicking" to point that out. I'm glad you enjoy bitching about things when they don't go your way.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Sensotard Vs. Intuitard - Dawn of Tardiness

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You call it nitpicking? Your OP is simply wrong in your analysis. It isn't "nitpicking" to point that out. I'm glad you enjoy bitching about things when they don't go your way.

Stop.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If someone drops a subtle hint on me, as when a female shows sexual interest in me and I don't catch on to it, I've just had a sensotard moment.

Isn't that Fe?

KitchenFly

Yer life is tuff for INTP's , maybe you need to refine your approach toward attracting a beautiful women. If you want to catch the hart of a Se purity young girl try buying an easy worker and cruising around the social hot spots with it, you'll find that girls are very caring and sympathetic towards cripple guys with good looks.

Best of luck, I hope you find that special girl.

Cheers

48f1c81f1e7ea6af649ef0f99b3163d4.jpg

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Me walking into a classroom, I'm there three times a week. I notice one side of the room is roped off with pink tape. I think, "Is this their way of getting students to interact more with each other or something?"

Somebody had to point out to me that the ceiling was caving in on the other side of that tape.

Sensotard moment confirmed.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Isn't that Fe?

Yeah, that sounded like inferior Fe to me. Low Fe in general, but the OP types as Ti dominant, so inferior Fe can fit that easily.

LOL Yeah. That was a gentle correction as far as my corrections go. :shock: Wasn't expecting that reaction from the OP. Oh well.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Me walking into a classroom, I'm there three times a week. I notice one side of the room is roped off with pink tape. I think, "Is this their way of getting students to interact more with each other or something?"

Somebody had to point out to me that the ceiling was caving in on the other side of that tape.

Sensotard moment confirmed.

I valid response. Thank you for proving that this forum doesn't *totally* suck.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Intuitard moments:

Knowing a stranger is bad immediately in person, but not while I'm on the phone with them ...too reliant on body language or physical vibes, if the person words things politely in text or other communication. It really pisses me off, because I'm so good at reading people in person.

Also

Reading something that I probably agree with in principle, ethics etc, but it's so filled with academic jargon or side tangents, I get frustrated, stop reading, and think WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU (about the other person, not myself).

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Intuitard moments:

Knowing a stranger is bad immediately in person, but not while I'm on the phone with them ...too reliant on body language or physical vibes, if the person words things politely in text or other communication. It really pisses me off, because I'm so good at reading people in person.

Also

Reading something that I probably agree with in principle, ethics etc, but it's so filled with academic jargon or side tangents, I get frustrated, stop reading, and think WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU (about the other person, not myself).

YES

and

YES

Are you sure you're not an ENFP? Anyways, let me express my love for you. I've always loved your posts 😊

- - - Updated - - -

Intuitard moments:

Also

YES

and

YES

Are you sure you're not an ENFP? Anyways, let me express my love for you. I've always loved your posts 😊

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
That's interesting [MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION] , I can tell over the phone (I do see voice as a physical cue personally though) - but I'm totally clueless in text! Well, not totally, but I need a lot of text to get a read.

And let me second [MENTION=13377]pinkgraffiti[/MENTION] , your posts are so good I deliberately look for them.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's interesting [MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION] , I can tell over the phone (I do see voice as a physical cue personally though) - but I'm totally clueless in text! Well, not totally, but I need a lot of text to get a read.

And let me second [MENTION=13377]pinkgraffiti[/MENTION] , your posts are so good I deliberately look for them.

It's really mostly text...I judge people positively or negatively in text, and can be totally wrong, but I can smell something is wrong almost immediately in person.

As for voice, I doubt I would be fooled by a serial killer or someone heinously evil, but people can say things, you know.

I did have an interesting experience once where I supposedly avoided an alleged rapist on the phone.

Thank you SO MUCH [MENTION=13377]pinkgraffiti[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10383]strychnine[/MENTION]. ..oh that makes me happy. :hug: :heart:

D'Ascoyne

Half an hour ago, at the pharmacy:

I knock over the last bottle of hand soap on the top shelf. Can't reach. Call over my friend. She can't reach it, either. I get a back brush, which my friend uses to pull bottle of soap off the shelf for me. Success! She looks really excited and raises her hand, so I assume she's going for a high-five, so I high-five her .... pointed finger*, hard, spraining it. Now she can't hold a pen.

*she was pointing at the large display of the exact hand soap we pulled off the shelf

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ

No, it's low Sensing. Has nothing to do with value judgments of Feeling.

It depends what sort of information type, here it was S, not N, so not Ne PoLR. Rigid Ij doesn't mean Ne PoLR either, btw.

But ruminating on it for hours afterwards is introversion.

Consider ISTP for your type, LSI in Socionics. LSI-Ti can look a lot like LII.

ISTP =! LSI. J/P TRANSLATION MISCONCEPTION DIE ALREADY. :doh:

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
No, it's low Sensing. Has nothing to do with value judgments of Feeling.

No, reading how others feel about you is not Sensing, it's Feeling.

It depends what sort of information type, here it was S, not N, so not Ne PoLR. Rigid Ij doesn't mean Ne PoLR either, btw.

I'm not sure it was S and not N. I'm a dominant sensor and I have some of the same problems.