• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFJ's and Rules

Scriddle21

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Hello my fellow INFJ's. It might seem strange that I'm asking a question of my own personality type, but I'm curious. So all of you INFJ's out there, how likely are you to break the rules? I don't mean simply for fun, more along the lines of rules which you do not agree with? I find that I personally am only willing to follow rules as long as I agree with the reason the rule is being enforced. It's also true that there are very few rules I have ever had issue with.
How about you?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Um no. It isn't strange.

Likely, depending on how easy it is to break and if it impedes my progress and if it doesn't hurt anyone else all the more to it. In most places, rules don't bug me. Although newly enforced rules tend not to make me as happy.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I will usually try not to break rules if I see the reason behind them. With rules I don't agree with, I will usually try to get the rule changed (if I can), as I don't feel comfortable breaking rules. But if it's stupid rules that are harmful/discriminating, etc., I will really confront the authorities and challenge them.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Rules seem flexible. Firm until there is a reason to break them. They can seem very solid at first :)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I will usually try not to break rules if I see the reason behind them. With rules I don't agree with, I will usually try to get the rule changed (if I can), as I don't feel comfortable breaking rules. But if it's stupid rules that are harmful/discriminating, etc., I will really confront the authorities and challenge them.

You're probably a good person and all but having a w5 means you like to challenge concepts and authority on things so I'm sure you broken some you didn't like. Don't be so angelic lol. Unless you're maybe a 6 enneatype then I would believe you more ahah.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You're probably a good person and all but having a w5 means you like to challenge concepts and authority on things so I'm sure you broken some you didn't like. Don't be so angelic lol. Unless you're maybe a 6 enneatype then I would believe you more ahah.

Lol. Growing up I was obsessed with being 'perfect' and beloved by everyone (parents, teachers) -- kind of an Fe facade I used to protect my weird inner self :ninja:

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Quite a two sided topic to be sure. Rules don't really matter to me, and sometimes I even really enjoy shattering them (but that's usually when I feel that the rule is non sensical, detrimental or legalistic in nature).

I always use my turn signals and stop at stop signs, but I'll totally do a U-turn in an open street, or go in an "exit only" driveway if no one is coming. :shrug:

Respect and sincerity are what's really important to me. It's not about the letter, but about the essence of the rule. Bottom line: rule breaking is fine (and can be awesome) if the heart is in the right place.

Breaking rules for no reason at all is dumb, but so is blindly adhering to them. I'm really not interested in doing either.

Tengri

Lol. Growing up I was obsessed with being 'perfect' and beloved by everyone (parents, teachers) -- kind of an Fe facade I used to protect my weird inner self :ninja:
That's surprisingly similar to my childhood experience. I went through a Nietzschean phase as a teenager, said fuck it, grew my hair out and read eastern philosophy from library books. :sage: At this stage in my life, I don't like to upset the status quo too much except when some rule feels redundant or overly enforced. My lifestyle choices, career path, and insights reflect my rebellious tendencies better