• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Feedback for my blog

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I recently started a blog for typology, but it is still in a draft condition at the moment. Only have a few posts so far. I am looking for feedback for my blog, on things such as presentation, style, content, etc. Also wanting to know if anyone wants to join as part of the member team displayed on this page? (as long as you a willing to make a few mbti articles). I know websites already exist like funkymbti or mbtifiction but there is always more room for discussion, and people might be wanting to submit posts about characters that already exist on other sites. I think that is all I wanted to ask :bye:

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I took a quick look at your blog, and I read your other recent OP (which is also included in your blog), and I've skimmed a few of your "type me" posts.

And since you've asked for feedback, I'll go ahead and let you know that I think that an NF who's managed to mistype herself ST based on bad "cognitive functions" analysis is not what I'd call a very promising candidate — at this point, anyway — for starting a blog that purports to educate others on the MBTI.

If you'd like to improve your qualifications by getting a better handle on what the MBTI is really about — and on which aspects of the MBTI can make a respectable claim to being more reality-based than astrology — I'd recommend that you find a day when you've got an hour to spare and have a look at this TC Wiki page and the posts it links to.

Among the things you could discover is (1) that it's perfectly possible to both be an INFJ and not relate very well to typical "Fe" descriptions, and (2) that the Harold Grant function stack — the one you use on your blog, and that features those forum-famous "function axes" — is inconsistent with Jung, inconsistent with Myers, has never been endorsed by the official MBTI folks, and maybe most importantly (and unlike the respectable districts of the MBTI), has no substantial body of evidence behind it, and indeed, should probably be considered all but disproven at this point.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I took a quick look at your blog, and I read your other recent OP (which is also included in your blog), and I've skimmed a few of your "type me" posts.

And since you've asked for feedback, I'll go ahead and let you know that I think that an NF who's managed to mistype herself ST based on bad "cognitive functions" analysis is not what I'd call a very promising candidate — at this point, anyway — for starting a blog that purports to educate others on the MBTI.

My MBTI type is actually based on test results only, with functions and temperaments aside. I am not really sure as to why you think my threads correlate with an NF but I'm not denying it is true. Mistypes do not really affect someones function analysis however, and my blog does not state type. I have noticed others who run blogs who have changed their type, but it doesn't make their logic on the subject of typology incorrect. However, I do relate to Jung's description of introverted sensation and introverted feeling. I don't understand how type matters more than posting quality. Would you say the same of other mbti blogs? My blog is purposed to educate beginners on typology, as it is the most easy to be misinformed about the facts at the starting point. If people do not find this useful / accurate, then I don't mind running the blog anyway (I have received notes for all posts so far though).

If you'd like to improve your qualifications by getting a better handle on what the MBTI is really about — and on which aspects of the MBTI can make a respectable claim to being more reality-based than astrology — I'd recommend that you find a day when you've got an hour to spare and have a look at this TC Wiki page and the posts it links to.

Among the things you could discover is (1) that it's perfectly possible to both be an INFJ and not relate very well to typical "Fe" descriptions, and (2) that the Harold Grant function stack — the one you use on your blog, and that features those forum-famous "function axes" — is inconsistent with Jung, inconsistent with Myers, has never been endorsed by the official MBTI folks, and maybe most importantly (and unlike the respectable districts of the MBTI), has no substantial body of evidence behind it, and indeed, should probably be considered all but disproven at this point.

I already believe MBTI makes more logical sense than star signs. I just prefer combining cognitive functions with the mbti types to add more depth to the psychology. It is possible to be an MBTI INFJ and not relate to Fe descriptions. But as I said, I think the functions and MBTI are different concepts. In my blog I am using function axes because I think it is a more interesting approach to personality type., imo. Most forums seem to be somewhere in between Jung and MBTI, and I am getting the impression you prefer using MBTI. I don't have enough time to read the rest of your links but I think you should recognize the different systems people use with personality types, even if you believe MBTI is discredited.

The most common cause of disagreements is because one side is using the dichotomies and the other side is disregarding that and depending on functions. This is why I am not sure of the validity of your points.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
My MBTI type is actually based on test results only, with functions and temperaments aside.

Among other things in your type-me threads, I'd noted this (from last August):

thanks but, I don't rely on MBTI tests. Interesting how you get many different types; I almost always score Infj, but I asked for opinions before i typed myself as one. not really sure why everyone thought I was INFJ from my previous thread on a different forum.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Among other things in your type-me threads, I'd noted this (from last August):

Why does my mbti matter more than my blog which is not really about mbti? I am aware of my results in the past. How about *most recent test result. I did used to get Infj in mbti, but it seems to depend on which quiz I take, as the link proves. So the real question is which test is more valid: team MBTI or 16personalities? When I type myself as Istj I am not without reason.

I think I am borderline personality when it comes to mbti, therefore I dont take it very seriously. I can't understand how someone could prefer feeling more than thinking for example. Or at least, they shouldn't. All of it has value in personality.

Igxfl

It would be interesting to have a type explanation for L as a convienient point of comparison to Light.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It would be interesting to have a type explanation for L as a convienient point of comparison to Light.

Yes, I thought about this, since I mentioned their differences in cognition. I'm having difficult in explaining Ls use of Ne however. And I need to watch/read death note again.