• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

J and Ps are you good at sticking to a day planner?

Arr you good at it?

• I am a P and i am good at it

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • I am a P and i suck at it

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • I am a j and i am good at it

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • I am a j and i suck at it

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I couldn't say if I'm particularly good or bad at something like this. My life is not heavily regimented, most of the time. I have a wall calendar (ASPCA sends me a free one annually for being a member). I keep my doctor appts on it, as they can be rather frequent. Same with veterinary stuff. I make a note of when my cat his once a week medicated bath, or when I have begun a new medication or supplement directed by my doctor, just to keep track of progress. If there's a band playing that I want to see, I put it up there.

Beyond that, any minor errands in my day-to-day life are fairly easy to remember in my head. I don't need to write it down. Most of my daily mental To-Do Lists are inherently flexible. I do as much as I have energy to, &/or switch around the tentative order of which things get done, & I try not to sweat what has to be left undone. I can get to it later. I've had to adapt this way due to a variety of health issues that can sometimes be unpredictable. I think if I had a checklist in front of me every day, I'd probably be more prone to a sense of needless distress or failure if I couldn't get to them all. As it is presently, I feel some degree of accomplishment at the end of my day, even if I was only able to get a couple things done. It may sound silly, but when medical stuff outside your control disrupts your life, the small things you CAN do, on the bad days, make all the difference. That sense of accomplishment keeps my momentum up, so I look forward to what I can do next - when I'm up to it - vs have all my energy just drained/feel constantly inadequate, focusing on the negative, what's always lacking.

I think an overly regimented lifestyle can create that kind of needless pressure for certain people, regardless of any health issues, etc. However, it could be argued that a total lack of structure could create the same issue, or perhaps others. But, whatever works for you to grow & improve your life, works for you. That's all that matters.

In short, I dunno if it's a J/P thing, to stick to a planner, & I can't really answer the poll. Regardless of type, humans thrive in a variety of ways.

Holy god lex, long post AGAIN. infjs make the longest posts i've noticed and you are no exception.

I agree with the third para. i've been living according to a routine for quite sometime now and is quite reluctant to release it. Perhaps i should try it for sometime except for sleeping and wake up times (these i change daily according to my requirements but i sleep for 7.30 daily, which i need).

Gonna try it. If i fuck up and if you find my dead body in some jungle with heroine shots you should know it's because i broke routine and acted on my impulses after taking lexicon's advice.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Gonna try it. If i fuck up and if you find my dead body in some jungle with heroine shots you should know it's because i broke routine and acted on my impulses after taking lexicon's advice.

Where in the jungle would one obtain heroin? Do the panthers knock it down from trees? Do giant insects secrete it?
Either way - I'm not responsible for drug-dealing wildlife exploiting human youths.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm pretty good with it. Love my daily planner on my mobile phone. :3

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm starting to use a tumblr account (not my main one) to write down my schedules, because i always check it. But I keep getting interrupted by my family when it's time to do something. Maybe I should show them it.

Sometimes I'll change the activities I do, but the planned times are usually the same.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I said I am good at it but the truth is I don't use them. I have my inner mechanism that allows me to plan my day in advance and do things exactly this way. Even if something unimportant comes up I just let it go and do want I wanted/imagined in the first place. However I place important stuff on the calandar because over a period of few months it is easy to forget details.

Judging (J) 91% Perceiving (P) 9%

Discipline with defined goals was never a real issue for me. :D
Same here. I have never used a traditional day planner. I keep a small calendar in my briefcase for long-term appointments, but other than that, have no problem remembering and sticking to my plan for the day and the week. I will depart from that for good reason, usually to take advantage of an unforseen opportunity.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Define "good" lol. I think for an infp I am pretty organized and tidy. I'm good at getting things done when I plan to for the most part. I don't make big messes. :newwink: I like the idea of a planner, and there's been many times where I contemplate writing down the things I have to do. Even if it's simple things like my chores or fun stuff. But I never actually end up doing that obviously haha. I do things on the day I plan to like 9/10 times, but I do things when I feel like it time-wise. If it is important or involves others I can definitely get something done on time. Though sometimes I like leaving things til the last minute (well not quite last minute, more like a couple days until.) and then doing everything quickly, it's a fun challenge.

As you get older, I think you just realize that you can't afford to slack off and you have actual deadlines/responsibilities to meet. Organization is a learned skill, if you really want it I think you can become really good at it regardless of type. Doesn't mean you'll love it per se, but you'll at least learn to appreciate it. Mundane routine can be incredibly draining, but if it's for a goal I can definitely find ways to make it enjoyable and stay motivated. Some routines can even be fun/therapeutic. That or my SJ parents are rubbing off on me... nah lol.

Enneagram
9w1
I think good in this sense means interested.

You can only really be good at something you're interested in.

Sure anyone can do this, but some people won't if there's no reward that fits their lifestyle.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
People say ISTJs use planners, but real ISTJs don't even need one. I try to use one, but have no reward for doing so. luckily schools are using online systems.