• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Ti Dominance vs Te Dominance

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't see how documentaries are Te.... documentaries just explain or analyze a problem, they don't make things work. Management is Te, the most succesful managers are ExTJs.
I was comparing them both as TV shows.

Technically, if you lay out a plan and strategy and make things work from the plan within the documentary e.g. a charity campaign, isn't that Te at work?

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Te deals with reality while Ti deals with abstracting reality just like any extraverted vs. introverted function.

An example I've used before is imagine two young children playing on the beach together. One child is Te and the other is Ti. Let's say both are interested in making sandcastles. The Te-child is going to start building one or more sandcastles rather quickly when compared to the Ti-child. The Ti child will abstract the idea of a 'sandcastle' in his mind and consider logically how a sand castle is built. The Ti-child wants to basically build a great sandcastle in one go but will toy with the concept in his head until he's mentally constructed it fully before he starts building sort of like an architect. The Te-child rather than ponder a mental sandcastle wants to start creating one first and make modifications on the actual sandcastle under construction. Te would rather see in real time, externally, how the sandcastle develops so he has actual real world data to work with. The Ti-child could theorize that digging too deep might sink the castle because of some clever logical deduction but the Te-child would need actual proof. The only way to get proof is to experiment with actually building a castle and seeing how it holds up under the elements. In other words the Ti-user likes to conceptually pick a part an idea while the Te-user prefers to externally manifest their idea and see how it holds up to reality itself. There are advantages and disadvantages both methods have over one and other.

Another way to put it is two prospectors, one Ti and the other Te. The Te guy is going to want to walk through a building itself and see how the building's construction literally holds up in reality like what kind of brick, mortar, and steel was used. The Ti guy is going to want to find the building schematics and see the drawings as he is more interested in how it was designed.

Te = How was it built?
Ti = How was it designed?

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
From a negative side (I'm not trying to insult Dom T-users, but know in advance I'm only going from general observation of more negative traits here) I would say Te-types would, on a bad day, come across as more 'controlling' in most aspects, since their Logic is being used on an outward, situational basis. Ti-types, conversely, look a little more focused on independence (possibly even to a selfish extent) and more interested in self-control. Te-types and Ti-types will often butt head because the Ti will inevitably think the Te is being too abrasive or simple, whereas the Te-type will think the Ti-type is being too moody or complex.