• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] mbti type with most will power?

mbti type with most will power

• istj

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • isfj

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • infj

• intj

• istp

• isfp

• infp

• intp

• estp

• esfp

• enfp

• entp

• estj

• esfj

• enfj

• entj

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Every type has their own sort of willpower, I think. Not so type-related IMO.

CamilaVanilla

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Every type has their own sort of willpower, I think. Not so type-related IMO.

I agree. But for the sake of this poll, I'm throwing out the fact that every individual and type has their own motivations to charge their will power.

I voted ultimately ESTJ. I will explain my reasoning.

When I think of strong will power, I think of a big picture -- something that someone is working towards. Their end goal. Judgers are more big-picture types than Perceivers, so xxxJ.

Now, when it comes to will power, objectivity is going to play a huge role. A Feeler has a preference for empathy and emotions, but a Thinker can push biases like those out of the way. So now we have xxTJ.

Intuitives tend to look at different possibilities. Sensors, however, are more black-and-white types of people, so sensors are less likely to get distracted and more likely to focus on the one thing they're going for. So, xSTJ.

This last (or, first?) letter took me a bit of time to figure out. I would have voted xSTJ if I could. But, since extroverts are more in-tune with other people and the external world, I figured they're more likely to take the initiative to interact with others (or whatever is "out there") to reach their goal. So I voted ESTJ.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I agree. But for the sake of this poll, I'm throwing out the fact that every individual and type has their own motivations to charge their will power.

When I think of strong will power, I think of a big picture -- something that someone is working towards. Their end goal. Judgers are more big-picture types than Perceivers, so xxxJ.

Now, when it comes to will power, objectivity is going to play a huge role. A Feeler has a preference for empathy and emotions, but a Thinker can push biases like those out of the way. So now we have xxTJ.

Intuitives tend to look at different possibilities. Sensors, however, are more black-and-white types of people, so sensors are less likely to get distracted and more likely to focus on the one thing they're going for. So, xSTJ.

This last (or, first?) letter took me a bit of time to figure out. I would have voted xSTJ if I could. But, since extroverts are more in-tune with other people and the external world, I figured they're more likely to take the initiative to interact with others (or whatever is "out there") to reach their goal. So I voted ESTJ.

There is where your logic is open for a debate.

First, what thinking about possibilities really has to do with will power ? (this only increases the chance you are right, nothing more)

Second, Intuitives and especaily xNxJs often have a pretty clear vision of how things should look like in the end and therefore they can just charge against the system/sitaution regardless of facts, consequences or details.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7

I suppose. Though I'm not huge on those letters/descriptions. I tend more towards using functions (Fi, Te, etc) and I think Fi has a whole lot of its own willpower.

CamilaVanilla

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
There is where your logic is open for a debate.

First, what thinking about possibilities really has to do will power ? (this only increases the chance you are right, nothing more)

Second, Intuitives and especaily xNxJs often have a pretty clear vision of how things should look like in the end and therefore they can just charge against the system/sitaution regardless of facts, consequences or details.

I'll admit, I wasn't fond of my logic behind that. It's a weak argument on my part.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I'll admit, I wasn't fond of my logic behind that. It's a weak argument on my part.

Ok.

My bet is that this is actually pretty individual thing. The some degree there are probably correlations but will power can largely depend upon the motivantion. What means that if your life turns out uninspiring towards your own values you can get stuck and become cynical. On the other hand there are individuals that would try to turn the whole system around in such situations.

Therefore this entire thread is standing on the very weak foundations. It is fun to think about it but this is just too much of a simplification.