• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ESFJ and INFJ Relationships.

morganelise48

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I wanted to know your thoughts and experiences as INFJ's with an ENFJ relationship, and visa versa.

There isn't much I can find about the dynamics of this relationship, yet when I do find anything, it's fairly negative. Can't quite figure out why though. There are certainly some fallbacks, but in my instance, there's more good than bad.

My best friend sense 7th grade is an ESFJ, and I an INFJ. She and I have never once had an argument. We also share a strong Fe, and she seems to have a highly devolved Ne as well.

We go through the SAME exact train of though when meeting new people (good, bad, and indifferent.) Also, we constantly finish each others sentences or simply say things at the same time, and think the same random things around the same time. One of us will make a general prediction, not knowing the other one of us thought the same thing, and than it will happen. She often says she thinks we're psychic lol.

Anyway, there is some sort of depth missing that I long for. In high school I had dated a guy and was very close with his two friends. A brilliant group. My guess is their typing's are ENTP, ISTP, and INTP. There was an intellectual depth from them that I longed for in a friendship. It felt like having these four so close to me, I got exactly what I needed as a whole. If that makes any sense! Lol.

The only thing's that frustrate me about this particular ESFJ is that I need a certain level of space, and she has learned to understand and respect that. Though sometimes I still feel like she acts too much like my girlfriend in terms of "clingyness" haha. It's also hard to talk to her about "deep" things that aren't idealistic in nature. Also, she's quite messy and wants us to buy an apartment together, AND THE THOUGHT OF LIVING WITH SOMEONE MESSY MAKES ME FEEL THE NEED TO HAVE A STROKE. Lol. :)

Nevertheless, she has stuck by me all for 6 years despite my hermit stage. We have tons of similarities, they're just not very obvious to someone who doesn't know us well. We have often been told we're nothing alike and it's strange we're so close, though those close to us think we're extremely similar. I love her to death, and while she can be a lot at times, there is a really strong bond there.

So why is this typically viewed as a straining match up?

morganelise48

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
CORRECTION. First sentence, my bad! ;) "...experience as infj's with an eSfj relationship"