• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which function is responsible for...

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Finding certain numbers special, such as 666 and 777, and then when you reach that post count, the specialness of the number outweighs the desire to make a post, so you take a break from the forum for a few months?

Also, which function likes self-referential humour?

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I purposely ended my old account here on post 375, because... 374 and 376 didn't feel official enough. (Tho 375 is kinda a weak post number to leave on too. ) It might be a combination of Fi and Si, for personal significance and one's own gut reaction towards seeing that number... almost like the OCD/perfection-anal typical to enneagram ones/Si users "I can't leave the forum when my post number is a lousy 476... that's not even memorable for anything." I have no idea what I'm talking about though probably, so move on and don't shame me.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why would you stop at 666? New goal: 6666. Get posting.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I purposely ended my old account here on post 375, because... 374 and 376 didn't feel official enough. (Tho 375 is kinda a weak post number to leave on too. ) It might be a combination of Fi and Si, for personal significance and one's own gut reaction towards seeing that number... almost like the OCD/perfection-anal typical to enneagram ones/Si users "I can't leave the forum when my post number is a lousy 476... that's not even memorable for anything." I have no idea what I'm talking about though probably, so move on and don't shame me.

Well hey, it makes sense to me.

It's official then, I'm an ISTJ.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well hey, it makes sense to me.

It's official then, I'm an ISTJ.

HEY YOU CAN'T SECRETLY JUST TURN THIS INTO A TYPE ME THREAD USING SUCH DEVILISH TACTICS... IGNORE EVERYTHING I SAID. I won't allow this. :cry:

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
HEY YOU CAN'T SECRETLY JUST TURN THIS INTO A TYPE ME THREAD USING SUCH DEVILISH TACTICS... IGNORE EVERYTHING I SAID. I won't allow this. :cry:

I AM LEGION FOR WE ARE MANY

:devil:

Haha, I was making a joke. Made the thread as my 777th post, then half an hour later post again...

I know I'm ISTJ. I still was interested in the answer though.

Si likes to preserve the state of things when it is content.

It also has this silly sense of humour where it will do something I guess harmlessly out of the ordinary for effect, or sort of make a reference to the usual picture of something in a way where you're not quite sure how serious they're being. I'm not quite sure how to describe exactly what I mean here, but I guess you'd know what I'm talking about if you saw it.

The intro of this video is an example of what I see as Si humour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c80dWbiONqM

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
For the record, I was really excited to get to post 666. At post 1,914 I was like "It's war time." Then when I got to post 1,994 I was like "I am born." Then when I got to post 2,017 I was like "Now I live in the future."

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
For the record, I was really excited to get to post 666. At post 1,914 I was like "It's war time." Then when I got to post 1,994 I was like "I am born." Then when I got to post 2,017 I was like "Now I live in the future."

Can't wait for my 2,000th post. When I got to 1,000, I was super pleased. I felt like once I'd reached 1,000, I was a well-established member. :D

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Can't wait for my 2,000th post. When I got to 1,000, I was super pleased. I felt like once I'd reached 1,000, I was a well-established member. :D

I'm not going to be happy when I hit 3,000 because I don't like the number 3. I like 2, 4, 7, and 9. 1, 6, and 8 are okay. I don't like 3 though. There's literally no rational explanation for this.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was happy to reach 1,234 but it was a short lived happiness.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I was happy to reach 1,234 but it was a short lived happiness.

Wow I just read that post without knowing your type, and I thought immediately "that sounded so INFP"

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Self-referential humor is pretty much an Fi trait.

Lucky #13 ;)