• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ti and Academics/Education

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel that if I really stress on being very exact and correct and keep trying to correct my Ni from receiving the "gist" of information to the "exact" information that my inferior Se has a hard time handling, that school can be pretty difficult.

Compare to those who have Si and Te may have a bit easier time with school because they remember the event or information itself more than Ni does which is a strength.

I always seem to have a struggle that I can view the same information in a classroom or any kind of lecture completely different and it can often be on incorrect information if I am not paying attention. Or when someone tells me to do something, I get really stressed on how to interpret their commands, as what they command may not be what I see is what they expect or intend to. And when I ask questions that sometimes may be nitty-gritty it can piss other people right off that I may be stingy, when in fact all I want to know is that what I am doing is not breaking their expectations.

I heard too that when information is explained really well and in-depth and clearly illustrates how one concept moves to another, Ti can be very powerful.
I also think Ti-dom/aux have an advantage over tert/inf Ti users when it comes to education as our shadow Te is lowered as well, as theirs is higher in the stack. I often feel dumb that I cannot get things right away without understanding the theory's premise or reasoning, because school's often just throw facts and facts or ordered information which is not really how Ti likes to go about things. Which is why Ti likes philosophy or psychology as it's not so "Te" structured (as long as we're not talking about measuring or statistical/lab research protocol)

How do you Ti users go about with learning?

This could really help in college for me, because I literally don't have the time and energy to go buy tons of alternative resources just to understand what's going on in class and my interests aren't that well spread out to even want to.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's morning and I've got to get to school here, but I'll offer a quick input for now. I find things very natural. Ti users are all about working smart, not hard. I don't tend to work on things if I don't see value in its outcome - ie. if it does not help my learning. If it is put in place simply as busy work or to make the teacher appear as though they have given you more work, then I will regard it as mostly useless and, sometimes unfortunately, prioritize many other things first. Higher education has been much better to me, since we study particular areas of interest, and when the classes are there to do more than give you work which makes it look like you did something for your degree, you can learn sometime more from it. A lot of times it will come down to the teacher's style with me. Either they try to (usually their methods are already in place regarding it) set policies and strategies in place that allow for uncommon minds (not Si-Te/Fe) to approach it with their mindset instead of adapting to anothers'. I would argue that generally, school stystems are terrible in that they cater toward mass ways of thinking and don't sufficently leave room for all others to grow. Particularly intuitive types. I'll try to actually write more on Ti later. Gotta go, first day of the semester.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Hmm, interesting. I never considered the peculiar position one might be in, having both Ni and Ti in their stack, particularly with Ni on top. Do you find yourself sort of flip flopping between your modes of information gathering? Or do they just butt heads all the time, with little Ti screaming at big Ni for more details! How rude!

For me, my Te is my "study mode" where I'll get these sudden moods to just sit down and organize the crap out of all the information I just learned in class, or while taking notes in a lecture, I'll be using many different colored pens and highlighters to represent various things. I not only have fun with all the color :happy2: but I structure my notes in a way that makes the most sense to my mental processing. Whether it's a similar situation as you with your Ni dom/ Ti tert combo, I definitely get my fair share of feeling retarded. If people just give me a bunch of orders or facts, like at a job, a lecture, even just talking to people in conversation, I will most often be so clueless and have to ask SO many questions. Everything only clicks when I get that "ah ha" and all the bits and pieces makes sense, as I see them situated next to one another in a larger context. That doesn't always come right away, but let me tell you, once it all clicks, I can mold and bend that information backwards and side to side like silly putty.

What ultimately worked for me, and may help you greatly, is to just sit down and figure out how you actually process things. Remove what you know of Ti and MBTI for a sec, and reduce it down to the basics. Then, cater HOW you take notes, and WHAT you take notes on, to remember the things you need to know. With me, I've always responded and remembered things better when color is incorporated, and when writing notes down, I don't just jot down the words the professor tells me, since those are HIS words, I jot down the same information, but in the words that makes sense to me. Basically I'm teaching myself while I'm listening.

Good luck! you'll figure it out :D

Galizia

MBTI Type
int
Enneagram
Six
Hmm, interesting. I never considered the peculiar position one might be in, having both Ni and Ti in their stack, particularly with Ni on top. Do you find yourself sort of flip flopping between your modes of information gathering? Or do they just butt heads all the time, with little Ti screaming at big Ni for more details! How rude!

For me, my Te is my "study mode" where I'll get these sudden moods to just sit down and organize the crap out of all the information I just learned in class, or while taking notes in a lecture, I'll be using many different colored pens and highlighters to represent various things. I not only have fun with all the color :happy2: but I structure my notes in a way that makes the most sense to my mental processing. Whether it's a similar situation as you with your Ni dom/ Ti tert combo, I definitely get my fair share of feeling retarded. If people just give me a bunch of orders or facts, like at a job, a lecture, even just talking to people in conversation, I will most often be so clueless and have to ask SO many questions. Everything only clicks when I get that "ah ha" and all the bits and pieces makes sense, as I see them situated next to one another in a larger context. That doesn't always come right away, but let me tell you, once it all clicks, I can mold and bend that information backwards and side to side like silly putty.

What ultimately worked for me, and may help you greatly, is to just sit down and figure out how you actually process things. Remove what you know of Ti and MBTI for a sec, and reduce it down to the basics. Then, cater HOW you take notes, and WHAT you take notes on, to remember the things you need to know. With me, I've always responded and remembered things better when color is incorporated, and when writing notes down, I don't just jot down the words the professor tells me, since those are HIS words, I jot down the same information, but in the words that makes sense to me. Basically I'm teaching myself while I'm listening.
Confronted with challenging mathematics assignments, I turned to a team of seasoned experts offering mathematics assignment help. Their proficiency in mathematical concepts and problem-solving techniques proved invaluable as they guided me through complex assignments with clarity and precision. With their assistance, I've gained confidence in tackling mathematical problems and achieved success in my coursework.
Good luck! you'll figure it out :D
Thanks for info