• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

STPs and NTJs, did you have trouble determining if you were S or N

PikUpYourPantsPatrol

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Because it seems to me the ST description is more indicative of STJs and the NT description describes NTPs more.

NTJs are abstract due to Ni but concrete due to Te, whereas STPs have Ti abstract thinking and Se which is concrete. Thoughts?

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Yes. I'm neither of these types but I've seen multiple xSTPs mistype as xNTJs or sometimes xNTPs due to the abstract nature of Ti. Ti is stereotypically "N"; in terms of the MBTI dichotomy definitions, Ti is extremely N. It is intellectual, technical, and philosophical. It theorizes, it is interested in abstract concepts and frameworks. :)

A very similar thing goes for Fi, just is more humane/moral oriented than Ti's technical orientation. But it's the same idea, and I've seen lots of xSFPs mistype as xNFJ or xNFP.

Igxfl

I've had trouble with this too.

I blame questions like:
"I tend to notice (Facts/Ideas)"

I wonder if something like this would match up better for S/N:
"When I encounter clear, face-value information, I tend to figure it's (Trustworthy/Incomplete)"