• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

You aren't an INFP.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
The 16 Type Patterns

I got my information from here. It says that the 6th function is used when under stressed. Therefore I assume it's a function difficult to use.

That's just a misunderstanding. I apologize to all the INFP for my EXFP examples, but I studied it as my model most frequently...critical parent used under stress means like ..my ESFP mother, who is like the most liberal laissez-faire "I accept you as you are" mother on earth, when feeling atracked, or when worried, suddenly cares what the neighbors think (while usually her uncastrated dogs roam the neighborhood with nary a hint of embarrassment from my mother) or makes mean ESFJ judgments, like well why aren't you married with kids. It's astounding, the transformation.

The example I was given was an ENFP teacher chastising her students with Fe, when stressed...the interesting thing about critical parent is that it is THE THING that makes you also feel most attacked. Like EFP will get really huffy about being judged by Fe standards.

I'm also not indicating that 6th function critical parent Fe is exactly like healthy mature 1st or 2nd function Fe, so nobody go there.

Have you ever had someone correct your grammar in an argument, avoiding the content? It's likely Si or Ti 6th function critical parent.

LavenderSoda

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am so glad you posted this because for a really long time I would have others type me and they swore up and down I was an INFP. I am not though I don't have interest in where the world is going or humanity. I don't have interests in animals. I don't have interest in a lot of fantasy. I don't have interest in using emotions to decide on a big decision. Yes, I can be emotional and yes I do express my emotions as if I were Fe but I know that I would need to do much more than just openly feel my emotions to be Fe. I don't care about making friends, being polite or riding on anyone's coat tail. I don't care about being a socialite. I don't care about someones take on what I do or how I do something. All of that stuff is Fe. I know I'm not that. I know I go by personal values and I can be a total shut in with my feelings. I can express them with bouts of rage and other bouts of emotions but I never say exactly why I feel that way. I just feel it and I keep private my reason behind it. I think people will always have a feeling I feel a certain way but I never ever confirm it.

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Great post.

Mistyping happens all the time. I mistyped myself for years. Only recently did I truly discover and embrace my type.

That said, I agree with much of what you say about Si doms. The ego of the ISFp (SiFe) is outrageously powerful. I know this from experience. I am tempted to start a new thread on the subject, in fact, as I have better come to understand how SiFe works. ISFPs are the lowest-paid of all types. There's a reason for this. They're often considered lazy (though this has not been my experience). What they are is incredibly effective. They don't have to work hard to get what they want out of life (because their SiFe combo regularly and unconsciously gets them whatever they want, whenever they want it). It's that powerful.

Just a theory I'm playing with ... :shrug:

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
But seriously, let's get on some better type descriptions.

Si: The ISFJ has a rich inner world of reflections, and may be unusually self-aware...
Fe: They have a strong sense of what is good...

Or something? Like, write descriptions that speak to those things that are falsely attributed to only INFPs.
My thread is getting so much love. :blush:

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As a youngster most want to be intelligent or unique or cool or athletic or etc or all of these.

As an adult you'll realize you want to be better equipped at dealing with your environment (peers, responsibilities, work, getting things done etc).

As an ISFJ you'd realize that you are better at the latter than most INFPs are.

So be happy.

But remember there is nothing you can't do whatever your type is.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Not surprising. Seems like every new IxFx person we get now is < 22 and/or medicated in some way or another.

A cocktail of shitty self-awareness if I've ever seen one.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So not only are we kicking people out of the INFJ club, we're kicking them out of the INFP club too!? Jesus, the rest of us need to secure our borders :irked:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So not only are we kicking people out of the INFJ club, we're kicking them out of the INFP club too!? Jesus, the rest of us need to secure our borders :irked:

Watch out because that ENTP hate thread was breaching the borders. INFJ club is very exclusive now, it has rather gotten boring. Lol.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Yeah. You better secure your ☃ borders. What even is that. ☃ Oh, a snowman. Cute.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah. You better secure your ☃ borders. What even is that. ☃ Oh, a snowman. Cute.

Yeah ain't nobody gonna infiltrate my safe space, ain't nobody going to kick me out of my club

I would fight to the death if anyone challenged my claim to the snowman category

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah ain't nobody gonna infiltrate my safe space, ain't nobody going to kick me out of my club

I would fight to the death if anyone challenged my claim to the snowman category

2j5x9pt.jpg

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp

Oh no you didnt.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, my dads are an ENTP and an ISFP :harhar:

But my mom is an ISFJ. :blush:

Really, this is usually explained away with population percentages and theories on who is more inclined to start a family....
Hi. So, from your Experience: How to tell appart an Isfj and an INFP? Clear differences between you and your mum.
Thanks.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've had the fleeting suspicion I'm an ISFJ a few times, mainly because I sometimes relate more to ISxJs descriptions of inferior Ne than INxPs descriptions of their auxiliary function. I'm probably not really an ISFJ, but I'm off to do more research on Fe and Ti just in case.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The NFPs are circling the wagons...

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
I agree, and I've long thought this as well. I've noticed a lot of MBTI INFPs seem like Socionics SEIs, and while we are at it, a lot of MBTI INFJs seem like Socionics ESIs or EIIs.

One nitpick:

Their tertiary Ti is offended by the "stupid homebody" stereotype, so they would naturally claim another type.

Ti is not offended. Offendedness is a feeling of upset that is not in the realm of Ti. Perhaps their auxiliary Fe is offended by the type community's negative view of ISFJs, leading to the ISFJ preferring a different type. Ti seeks truth despite offense.

What do you think?

A+ post. :)

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Perhaps their auxiliary Fe is offended by the type community's negative view of ISFJs, leading to the ISFJ preferring a different type. Ti seeks truth despite offense.

Yeah I agree with this. I wish I wasn't an ISFJ, not because I hate ISFJs, but because of the automatic assumptions that come with it