• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you clean out your inbox / outbox?

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
I just caught myself cleaning out my PMs. I do this on every forum; organize them into folders, delete them if they're superfluous, etc, and I was wondering who else does this? I know of people who have thousands of PMs, some years old, that are just sitting there because they can't bring themselves to delete them (I know this because they do it on my site!).

Do you let them accumulate? Do you delete them? Do you track them?

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
My PMs are used as evidence, sometimes. So I keep all of them. :ninja:

Although I did move 5,000 of them off the site and onto a disc last November.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I try to organize them by people every once in awhile.

Then I don't do it for weeks, and they all accumulate, and I'm just like, "Oh, god, 500 more messages to file, why even bother with this?!"

I'm not much for mindless Te. I just like to think about how I would organize them, if I wanted to!

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I just caught myself cleaning out my PMs. I do this on every forum; organize them into folders, delete them if they're superfluous, etc, and I was wondering who else does this?
I do this quite often, and clean out my email accounts in a similar fashion, unless there is something that I need to track for a while. On another note, a topic came up sometime ago on the entp.org forum, wherein it was asked how many windows do you keep open. I don't like having screens open that I am not using and keep mine to an efficient means. While working, if I have a program open for a single task, I will close it to maintain efficiency in using my toolbar. I also routinely clean my disc both computer and intranet.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
I don't have enough to bother sorting out..:cry:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I let them pile up until I have enough that I can't easily find any thing that I might want to find. Then I have a mass cleaning. If I accumulate slowly, or it's easy to find things for some reason, I rarely clean. This applies to physical spaces as well.

My computer is well organized though, as I put things directly into reasonably organized folders, so there's no need for moving files/cleanup. I'm not sure why I don't do that for emails etc.

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
I usually don't have enough that sorting out is needed.

If they build up to 2-3 pages, I will clean them out though.

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
I let them accumulate ... same with my email. I only delete or compartmentalize them when they start to affect performance or approach a limit. I was just rebuilding an old PC system this weekend and discovered a 50+ MB inbox that I was still "saving" from 2003.

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
I never clean mine out. On INTPc, I've kept my inbox at 99% full for the past couple of months, just deleting the most recent PMs.

I don't see the point of sorting them unless I'm planning on using them as evidence. And I would never. . . !

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
um..................... well um.....

typically here and that other place I just let them add up.... then one day I get frustrated and think what am I doing with all these? And go on a deleting binge. then someone asks me a question and I get angry b/c the answer was in the PM I just deleted *sigh*

At the place I admin at I save most of my PM's on my hard drive or quote them within the 'hidden' areas..... those are all forum related. I have saved a few of special interest but generally all others get deleted for various unspeakable reasons ;) kidding.... honest :whistling:

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'll make labels for the important stuff I need (contacts, references) and junk the rest. I think running a site makes you conscious of the space thousands of messages take up. The space you're paying for.