• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

guess the type

SteinitzGamgbit

to which MBTI type is the following statement more likely to come out of the mouth of?

"all that exists is a product of our imagination
what we touch, smell, taste, feel, is all the result of mere electric signals that move forth and back in our nervous system.
there's no such a thing as taste, as love, as red or blue, it's all in the mind.
this "objective world", of singular truths and realities that some speak of, is merely a result of the blind trust one has in his imagination. which i understand as being very, very naive."

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would say INTP

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Sounds P. Pi specifically. Si maybe. But hanging a bit on Jung here, and this specific quote in general. Not sure if he said it or not... have to look it up hold on.

This peculiarity, which often leads a superficial judgment astray, is really due to his unrelatedness to objects. Normally the object is not consciously devalued in the least, but its stimulus is removed from it and immediately replaced by a subjective reaction no longer related to the reality of the object. This naturally has the same effect as devaluation. Such a type can easily make one question why one should exist at all, or why objects in general should have any justification for their existence since everything essential still goes on happening without them.

and

this "objective world", of singular truths and realities that some speak of, is merely a result of the blind trust one has in his imagination. which i understand as being very, very naive."

Above all, his development alienates him from the reality of the object, leaving him at the mercy of his subjective perceptions, which orient his consciousness to an archaic reality, although his lack of comparative judgment keeps him wholly unconscious of this fact. Actually he lives in a mythological world, where men, animals, locomotives, houses, rivers, and mountains appear either as benevolent deities or as malevolent demons. That they appear thus to him never enters his head, though that is just the effect they have on his judgments and actions.

But you can make a different argument depending on what meaning you are trying to find I guess.

AND I SUPPOSE 'COME OUT OF THE MOUTH OF..." Might mean Ni- for they are generally more aware I would guess of such a thing and would be more likely to verbalize in some ways... if we are going literal.

PikUpYourPantsPatrol

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ, they generally try too hard, they're always giving me the most random factoids and I'm like wtf? That's not even what we were talking about

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTJ, they generally try too hard, they're always giving me the most random factoids and I'm like wtf? That's not even what we were talking about

I think INTJs would have a unique philosophy to rationalize why their surroundings are operating the way they do, but INTPs usually are interested in suspecting all these surroundings like material, time, place, memories, concepts, emotions etc.. and the way we perceive them..