• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Calling INTJs-Come on, I Know You are a Bunch of Sweetie Pies

Litsnob

[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION]

Fe can be judgemental externally but doesn't feel the negativism of the judgement as much as Fi does. Fi is silent but the feeling is far more personal and craves deeper under one's skin. Unhealthy Fi is the executioner of judgement.... I experience a lot of that and my depression is not lifting, but then i don't want it to anyway. And this is not the Fi > Fe depression thread lol :D

Sorry for being awfully out of topic

Off topic ramblings are not something that bother me and I started this thread so go where you wish to with it. My brain is off topic all of the time. Or it is just ON topic but on several topics at once. I'm sorry about your depression not lifting, though apparently you feel you are good friends with it so, I wish you the best with it.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION]

Fe can be judgemental externally but doesn't feel the negativism of the judgement as much as Fi does. Fi is silent but the feeling is far more personal and craves deeper under one's skin. Unhealthy Fi is the executioner of judgement.... I experience a lot of that and my depression is not lifting, but then i don't want it to anyway. And this is not the Fi > Fe depression thread lol :D

Sorry for being awfully out of topic

That is fine. Haha. Do you like depression? I understand that is a very 4 like behavior. The feeling of longing for the sake of something.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So you are telling me that INTJs never cuddle bunnies? Does that mean I have to re-type him or should I just dump him?

You should take hard look at yourself first if you want to dump someone based on a mistype.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So you are telling me that INTJs never cuddle bunnies? Does that mean I have to re-type him or should I just dump him?
No need to dump him, but you might want to investigate the option of sending him to an INTJ rehabilitation program. This can quickly help him recalibrate after overexposure to more feeling types, especially extraverts.

Sweet to me, considerate of others in general, very limited tolerance for stupidity but a recognition of social conventions being required at work.
Seriously, many INTJs are rather like this. The jerk stereotype is just that - a stereotype. It has grains of truth in that every INTJ probably does some things that other folks consider characteristic of a jerk. Every INTJ has the capacity to truly be a jerk in some circumstances. Of course every type does, we just do it differently. It is often claimed that young INTJs are more likely to act like jerks due to their relative lack of life experiences, and limited time to get more comfortable with less preferred functions. INTJs with any degree of maturity, though, will treat their close friends and loved ones with uncommon loyalty and thoughtfulness, and will generally show everyone else a courtesy which, while feeling distant, is very well intentioned.

Litsnob

You should take hard look at yourself first if you want to dump someone based on a mistype.

Okay, at this point I have to apologise. I have been joking with you and doing it deadpan, which rather fails online. So here's the truth:
He's a wonderful person and I love him very much. I'm not so terrible myself and he loves me. I posted the question intending to let INTJs vent about the misperceptions about them. I have huge affection for most INTFJs however the more serious a person takes me the more likely I am to make jokes. They may indeed fall flat online as I am much less skilled at smiling and winking online than I am in person.
My INTJ boyfriend and I conduct entire conversations in sarcasm sometimes simply because it amuses us. I am used to seeing his silly side, his light side, and I get his humour. But what I forget is that he trusts me. He has let me in. You do not know me, trust me, nor have you let me in. So I apologise for misleading you with my silly humour. :)

Litsnob

No need to dump him, but you might want to investigate the option of sending him to an INTJ rehabilitation program. This can quickly help him recalibrate after overexposure to more feeling types, especially extraverts.

Seriously, many INTJs are rather like this. The jerk stereotype is just that - a stereotype. It has grains of truth in that every INTJ probably does some things that other folks consider characteristic of a jerk. Every INTJ has the capacity to truly be a jerk in some circumstances. Of course every type does, we just do it differently. It is often claimed that young INTJs are more likely to act like jerks due to their relative lack of life experiences, and limited time to get more comfortable with less preferred functions. INTJs with any degree of maturity, though, will treat their close friends and loved ones with uncommon loyalty and thoughtfulness, and will generally show everyone else a courtesy which, while feeling distant, is very well intentioned.

Thank you, for apparently getting my sense of humour and addressing my questions about INTJs. The way you described it is how I see it too, though I wanted to confirm my understanding with the help of other INTJs. I tried to make it a light- hearted question and failed miserably and offended some INTJs along the way. SIGH It's a new day. Live and learn. Start again.

There will be no dumping, that too was just my off the wall humour. Thankfully, my own INTJ has me totally figured out and believe it or not, thinks I am the funniest person he knows. He must love me! ;-)

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So this is basically an INTJ appreciation thread? Good.

My mom's boyfriend is an INTJ. He's one of the kindest people I've ever met, too. He can be a little quirky and socially awkward at times, but he's got such a good heart and is enjoyable company. Definitely no INTJ jerk stereotype! :D

Litsnob

So this is basically an INTJ appreciation thread? Good.

My mom's boyfriend is an INTJ. He's one of the kindest people I've ever met, too. He can be a little quirky and socially awkward at times, but he's got such a good heart and is enjoyable company. Definitely no INTJ jerk stereotype! :D

Yay! Thank you! That is what I wanted. Apparently I was too cryptic, which my INTJ sweetie tells me I often am. Chubber is perhaps not going to forgive me. :-(

Ammend title to: Hey Everyone Come Over And Say Great Things About INTJs

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
Oooh I love INTJs. I don't know why that stereotype exists, but my ex and now one of my closest friends is an INTJ and he's one of the nicest people. He can get overly cerebral but will help anyone who asks. He's a much kinder person than I am, that's for sure.

OP, your boyfriend sounds like a sweetie. Hold onto that INTJ, they are a joy! :heart:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am in love with a man whom I believe to be an INTJ. It doesn't matter what he is, but I am curious because while I really think he is INTJ there is that stereotype of the INTJ jerk that I keep seeing. This guy is so not a jerk.

How do you feel about this stereotype as an INTJ?

Do you think my guy is probably not an INTJ because he is considerate of others?

Tell me how sweet you really are.

Any type is capable of being a jerk - and although INTJ's may often be considered emotionally unsavvy - they are more than capable of developing such insights. They have just as many gross warm-fuzzies inside that any of us have.

zaluel

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
??
I think the idea that INTJs are heartless is a pretty terrible misconception, actually. We're plenty kind. We just don't brag about it to impress you, because being a decent human being is a terrible reason to be impressed.