• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ti] How do you understand Ti?

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
Hey guys, based on [MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION]'s thread and idea, I wanted to see ask TPs about how you all understand and experience Ti in your life. Input from INTPs and ISTPs would be highly valuable here, but I'm also curious to hear from ENTPs versus ESTPs because I've often struggled with differentiating between Ti in the two types.
Looking forward to reading your replies :)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
If you want ESTPs and ISTPs here perhaps NT forum is not the best place for the thread. I recommend moving the thread up for one level, so that it is with other similar threads.

:evil Te guy:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Work smarter, not harder.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Estp says work harder, entp says think smarter...success? Lmao...sometimes, depends on competence of ESTP or ENTP. ESTP will spin wheels working and come up short while ENTP will spin wheels thinking and come up short. Without competence. Neither Se nor Ne are better or smarter. Just different...though Ne thinking will spin it's wheels thinking it is.

Ti, it's my processing function that judges all data that comes in. It seeks truth not true. True is such a small part of the truth that simple saying its logic would be an understatement to what it is. Because it seeks truth as opposed to judging truth what's not true is not judged as crap or stupid, it's dropped so the search can continue. Now to get stuck on what's not true is more of an issue as we seek truth. Words such as crap and those type of judgements is just data, not judgement to me. It's mere data to be processed.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Moved from NT Rationale since it applies to more than just NTs. :)

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't.

I try to think of it like Fi but replacing feeling with logic. Ti is the most mysterious function for me, it would be interesting to get a good definition that is understandable.

Permabanned
skalpell.png

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I find it difficult to separate from other functions really, because they're so intermeshed. I suppose that the easiest example I can give is that I process things as I observe and experience them... like "something sounds wrong over there... who's working there... are they any good?... how busy are those lines?... so they have this many packages and that splits down to X number per hour and one person can generally handle Y number per hour... we need at least 2 more people... how busy are the two departments I'm considering stealing someone from?... I'm going to ask that one because they have less of a demand for labor right now... now I'm going to jump in and do some work there until my 2 people arrive"

and I know that probably made absolutely no sense whatsoever, but welcome to a day in my work life :doh:

basically it just kind of processes all of the information that I intake and makes something of it really :shrug:

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ti for me works like this. I hear about something from someone and immediately, almost unconsciously, my brain starts segregating what's consistent and what isn't. It's like the ultimate filter and puts things into nice logical order for me. This isn't just feeling-less abstracts either. For example when a female friend of mine wants to talk about her relationship with her guy. She'll offer the premise that she doesn't like douchebag guys but then continually fawn over douchy men. "I don't know why I always end up with these guys? It's like they're always drawn to me." As if she has no control over this deterministic and repetitive occurrence and they just mindlessly end up in her bed. lol. Basically it ends up being she likes the same kind of guys for good and bad reasons yet those reasons are the same. It's enough to make one's head explode if I didn't find it so tragically comical.

Duffy

Introverted Thinking often involves finding just the right word to clearly express an idea concisely, crisply, and to the point.

Using introverted Thinking is like having an internal sense of the essential qualities of something, noticing the fine distinctions that make it what it is and then naming it.

Sometimes I feel as though I have a strong preference for Ti, and this quote is what resonates. I've always related both Ti and Fi to tools which dissect.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Ti is just noticing logical inconsistencies within statements.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Nothing gets passed me without some.sort of analysis.To me the world is a giant puzzle that I must learn to figure out.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ti? How to understand Ti. Dawg it's like dis:

So first you gotta understand dat Ti is independent way of going through systems. Lemme give an example. There's a motherfuckin stoplight in a motherfuckin intersection motherfuckahs.

So what I did was like do I want to obey da rulez when I come too late and wait orrr run as fast as I can believing I can make it before da po po and others cars start hammering through. If I start right nao!

*skip skip skip* fuk da poliz

Done.

Note: This isn't an accurate representation of how Ti users speak not with in tandem of Se. I felt like unnecessarily swearing today. :laugh: (sorry community and modbox becuz u no rulez)

Also note: I actually did this. Bad motherfucker, such a sad motherfucker. If you take a shortcut, you better take the damn pussy ass shortcut ya lil' bitch.

sorry guys I'm listening to too much hip hop

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
These responses have been so interesting to me! I think the best way for me to understand Ti, since it's always seemed so mysterious to me, is really, to think of it like Fi, but for logic. When I watch movies, it can irritate me when a bad actor is trying to portray an emotion and is just doing an awful job at it. Or, they're crying but not crying...umm, correctly?? Haha. Or what the actor is portraying doesn't fit the scene, to me.

I'm still a little befuddled by Ti, but these responses so far have helped and thinking of it in relation to Fi does help a lot too! :D

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
These responses have been so interesting to me! I think the best way for me to understand Ti, since it's always seemed so mysterious to me, is really, to think of it like Fi, but for logic. When I watch movies, it can irritate me when a bad actor is trying to portray an emotion and is just doing an awful job at it. Or, they're crying but not crying...umm, correctly?? Haha. Or what the actor is portraying doesn't fit the scene, to me.

I'm still a little befuddled by Ti, but these responses so far have helped and thinking of it in relation to Fi does help a lot too! :D

Even me? :gleam:

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
I've heard huffing nitrous oxide helps.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Finally, my turn to give a pretentious explanation.

It works exactly like this:

caEAl2o.gif

hj4eFqU.gif

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Ti for me works like this. I hear about something from someone and immediately, almost unconsciously, my brain starts segregating what's consistent and what isn't. It's like the ultimate filter and puts things into nice logical order for me. This isn't just feeling-less abstracts either. For example when a female friend of mine wants to talk about her relationship with her guy. She'll offer the premise that she doesn't like douchebag guys but then continually fawn over douchy men. "I don't know why I always end up with these guys? It's like they're always drawn to me." As if she has no control over this deterministic and repetitive occurrence and they just mindlessly end up in her bed. lol. Basically it ends up being she likes the same kind of guys for good and bad reasons yet those reasons are the same. It's enough to make one's head explode if I didn't find it so tragically comical.

I'd agree with this.

The concepts of consistency and relevance are important to Ti as it strives to make "sense" and evaluate the "truthiness" of ideas, things and the components of those ideas, things. Things should follow sensibly, according to some principles.

It is similar, in process. Where you could say Fi is about authenticity ( you have a "sense" when a feeling is "untrue") Ti would be about...I want to say synchronicity or symmetry of structure. "It fits." "It follows." You could bang around the components of a thought or an idea and find a sensible rigor and sturdiness to its construction.

Ti also I think has a drive towards essence. Away from the external object, towards the subject, in what looks a bit like Plato's Forms.

I'm on the fence to whether Ti is context or domain bound or not. On some things, it seems as though Ti really only evaluates things on their own terms so it will treat concepts differently depending on some essence intrinsic or presented with that concept. On the other hand, churning through analytical frameworks while shifting context, domain, purpose, application, etc happens as well but that might be a Ne or Se thing in our case. Again, as with all these Function threads, it can be hard to pry loose Ti's thread from the TiPe braid.

Ti? How to understand Ti. Dawg it's like dis:

So first you gotta understand dat Ti is independent way of going through systems. Lemme give an example. There's a motherfuckin stoplight in a motherfuckin intersection motherfuckahs.

So what I did was like do I want to obey da rulez when I come too late and wait orrr run as fast as I can believing I can make it before da po po and others cars start hammering through. If I start right nao!

*skip skip skip* fuk da poliz

Done.

Note: This isn't an accurate representation of how Ti users speak not with in tandem of Se. I felt like unnecessarily swearing today. :laugh: (sorry community and modbox becuz u no rulez)

Also note: I actually did this. Bad motherfucker, such a sad motherfucker. If you take a shortcut, you better take the damn pussy ass shortcut ya lil' bitch.

sorry guys I'm listening to too much hip hop

This forum's absence of a Dislike button is made very apparent after this post.