• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ne] Sexy People! - Describe Ne as you Experience It!

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Let me start by saying that I don't feel comfortable trying to describe Ne. Fi is a little easier, even though it seems like it shouldn't be, because it's just another thing I can observe (what makes Fi hard to describe, though, is how personal it is, like I can't pull it out of me to show someone else like I can with Ne.). But Ne is like impossible to because how am I supposed to observe what I use to observe with? It's like asking me to tear my eyeball out so you can see the whole thing when you could see a good part of it well enough already by yourself.

But to satisfy you, I'll just say that it's nothing as magical or special as I sometimes feel others describe it (same with Ni... but I'll get to that and the others in a moment.). I just observe everything and turn into a happy nerd if something really good catches my eye, and from there I might hand this thing over for other people to see too (usually not literally observing and catching, that's more the Se shit, but doing it with "ideas" or whatever [idk it make me cringe saying ideas it's just so cliche and so is the way most functions are described].). But describing functions in general, if I do it or if others do their own, it just doesn't do it for me. It's like, the only way you could know is if you had that stack yourself (that's why Ni never makes sense to me and when I read others trying to describe it I'm like "What kind of vague bullshit is this?" and I get that response with a lot of other functions too...).

It's like, forget trying to understand others types and functions, just focus on what you're sure is yours and be done with it. That sounds funny coming from me because I've tried hard to understand them myself because I love understanding things, and you might be thinking "Okay, then why are you on a typology site dedicated to this sort of thing?". Because I'm obsessed with myself and I find myself liking a lot of the people who are interested in the same things as me and I want to bond with them (like literally every other goddamn person lol)?

Starry

Oh gosh. So brutal. I feel like if only I could interrupt we could really get a good convo going. Or when you're sitting there thinking and someone asks you what you're thinking about and you don't even know where to start cuz you're like a thousand steps removed from the original thought already but somehow you try to still convey the common theme by jumping around and trying to explain the connections but really you just sound crazy?

^^This is really good nic...and I believe reveals a primary reason young Ne often struggles in the public school system's classroom (which in turn leads to feelings of incompetence, confusion, disconnectedness)...is we need to externalize/share the connections we're making to facilitate learning and memory far more frequently than the lecture-model even begins to allow. For if we don't...85 more ideas will attach to this thought and that and then we'll start to float away in our minds... or start misbehaving in class like I'm thinking [MENTION=6723]phobik[/MENTION] probably did.

I mean, that's what Ne often is for me. Many times I'm doing absolutely nothing but swirling peacefully around in my mind with a trillion whisps and glimpses of random images.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Something I forgot from my last post, but sometimes if I'm doing that deep research on the Internet or just reading through a ton of posts I skim or skip stuff that I can tell won't be beneficial. Don't ask how, it's the one of only beneficial things that comes from attention deficiency. :dry:

Amargirth said:
(I drove my SJ mom NUTS with the 'why?' question as a kid - she likes to say she went through a looooot of saliva, explaining stuff to me :D

omg that was me too.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Does the Pope's hat make you LMFAO?
(I always got the sense it was "funny" as in "you shouldn't be wearing that - fishy in a way/funny")

why did an image of the group LMFAO jump in my head dancing to will smith's get jiggy with it, when i read your post?

and no it doesn't its just a hat, nothing special just extra pointy.

Permabanned
^^This is really good nic...and I believe reveals a primary reason young Ne often struggles in the public school system's classroom (which in turn leads to feelings of incompetence, confusion, disconnectedness)...is we need to externalize/share the connections we're making to facilitate learning and memory far more frequently than the lecture-model even begins to allow. For if we don't...85 more ideas will attach to this thought and that and then we'll start to float away in our minds... or start misbehaving in class like I'm thinking [MENTION=6723]phobik[/MENTION] probably did.

I mean, that's what Ne often is for me. Many times I'm doing absolutely nothing but swirling peacefully around in my mind with a trillion whisps and glimpses of random images.

Not me, I'm mistyped. haven't you heard [MENTION=9160]HelenOfTroy[/MENTION] ;)

Starry

why did an image of the group LMFAO jump in my head dancing to will smith's get jiggy with it, when i read your post?

and no it doesn't its just a hat, nothing special just extra pointy.

haha I always LMFAO when I read these kinds of posts by you.
(I saw earlier where you were saying that you were not convinced you had Ne in the dom or aux position... I feel it is very valuable to have you in this thread)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
haha I always LMFAO when I read these kinds of posts by you.
(I saw earlier where you were saying that you were not convinced you had Ne in the dom or aux position... I feel it is very valuable to have you in this thread)

I dreamt about this post, no joke. this exact post i had a dream i read it, though i don't think i replied with this response, i don't remember my response just reading that post i'm quoting now

and yeah because for years people on the forum said i was ne, and if i'm not it could be an example of people who get mistaken for ne but aren't.

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
One day the universe exploded into irrational lumps of mass and humans embody that thoughtless tract of universal will through utilization of extroverted intuition.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

There's something about the bolded, which really resonates with me, even though my personal experience is nothing like it. For me, I'd say that many times, I'm doing absolutely nothing but swirling peacefully around in my mind with ... nothing. Or like, there might be some randomness but it's mostly subdued white noise. I generally have a very quiet mind at any given time. What I do have constantly is a kind of emotional state that's more primed to react to some external stimluli than others ... which can either make me slow on the uptake or super quick to jump on things.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There's something about the bolded, which really resonates with me, even though my personal experience is nothing like it. For me, I'd say that many times, I'm doing absolutely nothing but swirling peacefully around in my mind with ... nothing. Or like, there might be some randomness but it's mostly subdued white noise. I generally have a very quiet mind at any given time. What I do have constantly is a kind of emotional state that's more primed to react to some external stimluli than others ... which can either make me slow on the uptake or super quick to jump on things.

I can relate. This has baffled people, perhaps understandably, if they ask what I'm thinking about and it's honestly nothing. Or nothing to put words to, no active thoughts to identify. All I can figure is it must be along the lines of meditation? I mean, truly zoning out. :shrug:

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can relate. This has baffled people, perhaps understandably, if they ask what I'm thinking about and it's honestly nothing. Or nothing to put words to, no active thoughts to identify. All I can figure is it must be along the lines of meditation? I mean, truly zoning out. :shrug:

That question often fills me with anxiety, haha. Like, should I make up something on the spot? Because I really have no idea.

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
Sometimes it's like an organic way of thinking, ideas bifurcate and go off in different directions and I'll pluck out certain branches. Has made me a terribly indecisive person in the past though, when I'm wallowing in possibilities as good as each other. I've discovered how to randomly select though.

This! I find myself building trees inside my head. An idea has multiple branches I follow simultaneously but also in an unconscious level. My dream is that someone invents a machine to record dreams and thoughts, because once I go past an idea, I can't rewind. My mind goes so fast bifurcating thoughts that I'm not even aware of all that's going on inside my head. Indecision is a big nightmare for me.

It also happens that I see crazy shapes where everybody else just sees clouds. My head starts playing with "what ifs" and a very serious discussion turns into a debate about unrelated topics that for me, are intensely connected to previous topics.

For me, Ne is the difference that separates me from a sensor. If told that we're going camping, others will collect what they need while I imagine myself in a pond of mud building Babel's Tower with matches.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am curious about everything and often indulge in tangents which make others uncomfortable. I also rarely pay attention to any one task very long.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Most introverted extrovert? I feel this so hard, and in a meta way am appreciating this kind of exchange of ideas because it really helps me get to the next level. Yeah I feel like without the bouncing (externalizing then perceiving the response or reaction) I'm forced to do that within my own self. Unfortunately for me that's not always the way Life wants to interact. Then I get weird and off on my own tracks, which can lead to not so good places if left unchecked.

Edit: I feel like discipline to me would be using my *introverted extroverting* time to access Fi and actually get in touch with me instead of getting paranoid about some weird shit.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sometimes it's like an organic way of thinking, ideas bifurcate and go off in different directions and I'll pluck out certain branches. Has made me a terribly indecisive person in the past though, when I'm wallowing in possibilities as good as each other. I've discovered how to randomly select though.
Random selection ftw. #makeitwork

á´…eparted

passages
Most introverted extrovert? I feel this so hard, and in a meta way am appreciating this kind of exchange of ideas because it really helps me get to the next level. Yeah I feel like without the bouncing (externalizing then perceiving the response or reaction) I'm forced to do that within my own self. Unfortunately for me that's not always the way Life wants to interact. Then I get weird and off on my own tracks, which can lead to not so good places if left unchecked.

Edit: I feel like discipline to me would be using my *introverted extroverting* time to access Fi and actually get in touch with me instead of getting paranoid about some weird shit.

This is interesting to me. I'm really extroverted, but nearly all of the people irl that I know that are more extroverted than I am, are Ne-doms. I always chalked this up to the fact that Ne has no borders. As such if they individual has strong extroversion, it can go up so much because they'll interact with almost anyone with no limitation, rules, or even fears.

Though I could be miscalibrating my understanding of I vs. E again.

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
^ Yeah I agree Ne doms tend to be very extroverted, but not necessarily very social. People are real, not abstract, so Ne doesn't focus on them much.

Another interesting thing is I think Ne doms find lectures and classrooms easy. They'll do badly because they won't try/find it boring, and will lack organisational skills and discipline. This leads to Ne doms often thinking they are really smart after school because how easy everything was to understand, even if they failed.

The main intellectual weakness of Ne is artificially removed in the classroom. In real life a lot of different patterns could be responsible for a phenomenon, leading to a mess of thinking. In the classroom they mostly remove those possibilities, making Ne find it pretty effortless.

E.g. 2 4 6 ... (8 in school, could be a lot of different stuff in reality)

Se gets overwhelmed with possibilities in the more tangential, ADD way. It'll just go off in a more imaginative and distracting way, leaving the subject behind much faster. When people describe hundreds of images and concepts, that sounds like Se (and just how the brain works when it relaxes).

EDIT: To make it personal, like OP asks, I had a very easy time getting top grades in school when I wanted to, and couldn't understand why others either couldn't or had to put a lot of effort in (Ne people aside). It's only later that I realized my brain was putting a lot of effort in. It was revising every concept multiple times as I read them (obsessive Ne conceptual manipulation), so I only had to read something once to use it in the exams, whereas other people had to use other cognitive avenues to achieve the same effect, which took longer. This advantage was quickly lost outside of academia, where that same process often leads to stupid conclusions and exhaustion from getting there. I think it takes some Ne people a lot longer than others to realize they aren't geniuses, depending on how quickly they get that feedback loop with reality going.

I think school actually delays both Se and Ne users from improving their common weakness, being terrible at telling good ideas from bad ones, but Ne handles stale, abstract conversations a lot better than Se.