• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ni] xNxJs: describe Ni as you understand it

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Being dom Ti my Ni and Se work in tandem...I know the stupid function and the genius function :rolleyes: but Ni connects the dots and Se scours everything for information.

It can only be judged as "stupid" or "genius" placed in the context of which it is in. For a fish cannot climb a tree, as its talents are in the water as I have paraphrased from Albert Einstein.

Last edited:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It can only be judged as "stupid" or "genuis" placed in the context of which it is in. For a fish cannot climb a tree, as its talents are in the water as I have paraphrased from Albert Einstein.

Yes, some people are clueless to the fact they have used a personal value of something as an overall judgement. Hence S is stupid and N is genius.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, some people are clueless to the fact they have used a personal value of something as an overall judgement. Hence S is stupid and N is genius.

Well while it may be unfortunate in other areas of the internet and beyond, I hope it's rather become obsolete in this forum.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Being dom Ti my Ni and Se work in tandem...I know the stupid function and the genius function :rolleyes: but Ni connects the dots and Se scours everything for information. Ti is the judgement function that filters things out in all the shades of grey and makes sense of it all. Basically I use it like a prefilter...it actually takes a back seat in regard to useful info due to it being used as a prefilter. It basically says...hey...look at which point Ti takes over and processes it. It usually has good pattern matching ability, but I still have to use Ti to determine how the pattern matches. If I am filtering for stuff and Ni says blue is a pattern, Ti takes over and says..yeah, we got it already, next. It's not the end, but a tool used to reach the end. What's the end...the truth...reality...solutions....understanding.

When trying to figure something out I do this for hours on end. Almost like on TV when the robots or aliens flip through books. I flip through life drawing connections, pulling in data and processing it. Ni is more the understanding combined with pattern matching prefilter for me.

For me Ni doesn't tell me what's going to happen as others seem to say...I control my environment to much so more then likely unless what Ni sees is what I want Ni will never be correct as I use it to change paths, I don't always stick with the Ni path enough to actually say it's right or wrong. I don't care whether what I saw was right...more care about reaching what I want. So I donto have the Ni is correct attitude as I am constantly learning and adapting using Ni asays part of the whole to accomplish what Ti says.

Ti-Ni mystifies me. ISTPs are probably the only type that consistently surprises me because the trajectory of Ni when guided by Ti is just hard for me to reverse engineer. ISTPs can look at the same information I do and come out at a completely different conclusion (and equally or at times more correct) conclusion about what that data means in the grand scheme of things, and it's just hard for me to work through how they got there.

I think that's because a) ISTPs tend to know more about things that interest them then they tend to let on, and b) I think how a tert function works is hard for the user to articulate. Like, it's hard for me to put into words what Se does for me, or how it actually presents in my case. In fact, I tend to feel resistance around explicitly Se activities. I enjoy them when I'm doing them, but like if someone were to ask me to go hiking with them I'd be like "Nah".* But if I actually went and did it I'd get really into it.

*Obviously there's more to Se then just physical activity, but that was the first thing that came to mind.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's hard not to read meaning and significance into everything... pretty much. This really helps to make calculated moves, being decisive, but if I don't temper it, I can get a bit paranoid about things.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Like, it's hard for me to put into words what Se does for me, or how it actually presents in my case. In fact, I tend to feel resistance around explicitly Se activities. I enjoy them when I'm doing them, but like if someone were to ask me to go hiking with them I'd be like "Nah".* But if I actually went and did it I'd get really into it.

*Obviously there's more to Se then just physical activity, but that was the first thing that came to mind.
For me, tertiary Se helps me notice seemingly random things in my environment. Like if I go into a store and have several things on the list, my eyes will gravitate towards the sale on the ONE item I forgot to add. In a sense, a hyper-awareness of my body and surroundings for random spurts of time.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Is it reasonable to say that Ni in general is not playful function ? At least not as much as Ne.

I know that I am very goal/future oriented person, I can do group brain-storming, or disscus art. However in the end I will need to find a goal that is worth of my time and make sure it comes to life. I can see all/many things as NP but that for me simply is not enough. Most of my life I have spent in thinking how to reduce amount of options in order to make clear what is really best path to take. Many people regardless of typology were finding my pursuits annoying or heartbraking but search for bottom line is perhaps the only thing that I ever trully cared about. I actually prefer that story starts from the end and after that the story should fill in the holes and make the whole structure visable. The trick is that if you know outcome you can immediately know if you like the outcome and is this what you really need. Therefore if this is not the case you can right away change your desired goal. I generally lose interest if approach too linear and under the assumption that future is generally unknown and that the odds of gussing the outcomes are small ... since everthing is possible.

Simple example: For me question "How do I earn extra 100 000$?" is not the best approach. For me the proper question is "What will earn me extra 100 000$ over the next 6 years?" to me setting of deadline in space and time is very important component and I even value it more than the amount of money in the question. (if the amount of money doesn't oscillates too much) The reason for this is that the amount of given time defines how I will approach the problem. Also the major advantage of having a goal on the long run is the fact that with this you know what has to be done, you know what you have to protect, what must not fail at any cost, you know where it is reasonable to expect problem (what requires extra research) .... etc. Therefore the odds that something trully unexpected will happen are greatly reduced, also when people see someone who knows exactly what he/she wants most people step aside by default. While if you go with reactive, random and everthing interest me logic the odds are that you will hit every bump. What is also one of the reasons why I am trying to keep others from having too much impact on me as possible. (I am from politically unstable region)

I highly value proactive over reactive.

(I know that this is biased towards Te)

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm just going to re-post a description I've previously left in my blog:

I think maybe a good way to explain what the experience [Ni] is like is to compare it to the 'repeating time loop' trope in science fiction (or like in the movie Groundhog Day). As viewers, of course, it's very clear to us (audience) why certain characters experience déjà vu-like triggers over something like a glass being knocked over or the phone ringing at a certain time or any other number of seeming innocuous events. We see the character have a "whoa! why is that important? why does that strike me as especially significant?" moment- and we already know why it's somewhat distressing for them, because we just watched them already experience it- but it's an incredibly vague yet strong feeling for them, they only know there's something about it that needs to be figured out. And just like in these tropes- the first time it comes back around (so, because it's actually an unconscious connection to something previous, the second or third time...), it only barely registers as significant and it's easy to shake off. It evokes a progressively stronger "Whoa, why is that important?" feeling each time it comes around. It keeps escalating until the person is entirely preoccupied with it, and they start coming across as irrational to other characters (because they can't explain why 'knocking over a glass' feels so menacing). That's kind of what it feels like to be INFJ, imo. Sometimes things that get me wound up don't make sense to me until years later; I'll only know that sometimes I need to back away or distance someone/something- I need to find some way to bump myself to 'observer' position- because directly experiencing that vague "Whoa, there's something going on here" feeling can become unbearable.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ni = NUV/MVV

Non ultra violet over music, voice, video?

or mathematically: NUV/MVV we can factor out = NU/M * 1/v

N = sample
U = ?

Interestingly enough, Nu is Ni in greek.

M = ? Maybe roman numeral

Anyway,
Ni = NWO/HOVA

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Non ultra violet over music, voice, video?

or mathematically: NUV/MVV we can factor out = NU/M * 1/v

N = sample
U = ?

Interestingly enough, Nu is Ni in greek.

M = ? Maybe roman numeral

Anyway,
Ni = NWO/HOVA

I don't know what this means but it looks like some kind of Ni conspiracy, I'm watching you :ninja:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know what this means but it looks like some kind of Ni conspiracy, I'm watching you :ninja:

If we flip 1/v and nu/m we get MV/NU wtf...

Mass * velocity / frequency

Momentum / frequency.

Reflip it back we get frequency over momentum.

Ni sees the repeating of events with momentum.

Holy shit. We just found out what Ni meant.

the higher the momentum the smaller amounts of repetition leading to the clear solid answer.

The lesser the momentum, the more possibilities are that occurring in frequency. :ninja:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If we flip 1/v and nu/m we get MV/NU wtf...

Mass * velocity / frequency

Momentum / frequency.

Reflip it back we get frequency over momentum.

Ni sees the repeating of events with momentum.

Holy shit. We just found out what Ni meant.

As soon as you said 1/v you lost me, I can't follow all this mathy-language stuff. But I'll trust that you know what you mean :D

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
just keep turning things inside out until you're not sure which is which but know you've learned what you needed to learn in the first place

also, transposing the same pattern into a new key, and watching all the little simulacra grow point back to the beginning, like a big net of memento plot lines (why we say "reverse engineering" so much when trying to explain it!!!) --> and abductive inference all around, sherlocking and sherlocking some more (sudoku! where the land of common denominators and cross-cancellation is king!)

the way a cell divides by emanating self-similarity and then wrapping itself into itself and giving birth to its own sideways-ness

whatever the mandelbrot symphony sounds like

all stephen moffit dr who, and seeing wibbly wobbly time like a pet/tamagotchi, possibly chasing its own tail

some kind of weird crystal oscillator in the room full of mirrors we call the mind, thinking there must be a way in this maze that we can see around every corner at once

that thing that helps you remember/account for the spin force at the root of everything we are, while also possibly being each of the orbits happening all at once (why we made the whirling dervish, and also the tilt-a-whirl)

understanding the hermeneutic circle as this rubber band you can fold into itself in all kinds of different ways, and being made out of topological cheat moves (and invariant representational strategies) that make us reaaaally fast on the buzzer, even if the Ne folks describe the process of these shapes in more interesting ways, like "after the idea of the flood had receded, a rabbit rested within swaying clovers and bellflowers, saying his prayers to a rainbow spied thru a spider's web"... when for us it's more, winamp visualization pack, like, yes, this is what it would look like on the cartoon screen that computers in 20 years will watch for entertainment. maybe. if they've made us right. ;)

we were the touch screens before they existed. but if the information was actually coming alive out of the screen, following this tail whip of water coming out of the/its ocean. also, shampoo commercials.

#ngames #njewelry #procrastinatinggradingpapers