• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Te] TJs: Describe Te as You Understand It

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Would you say Te is sort of a ''sensor function'', being practical, tangible, inductive and thorough while Ti is more of an ''intuitive function'', being deductive and abstract?

No I don't think so. I see dominant functions as representative of people's modus operandi and I wouldn't call ISTPs "abstract" at all.

Also this is mixing metaphors a bit so I see it as more confusing than anything.

The closest I can get on this is to say that Jung indicated that any function in introverted attitude will tend to be more subjective than the same function while extroverted.

Extroverted attitude: a standpoint characterized by an outward flowing of personal energy (libido)—an interest in events, in people and things, a relationship with them, and a dependence on them. The extrovert is usually ..

Introverted Attitude: characterized by an inward flowing of personal energy—a withdrawal concentrating on subjective factors. The introvert is usually ...

Another way of saying this is that Te is more concerned with external coherence. How some object relates to and makes sense within some broader context in an objective fashion. Ti is more concerned with internal coherence or how an object is constructed or comes together to be functional within itself. As EJCC said, whether the individual is more likely to apply this to an idea or a concrete object is guided by their overall preference for intuition or sensing.

á´…eparted

passages
Would you say Te is sort of a ''sensor function'', being practical, tangible, inductive and thorough while Ti is more of an ''intuitive function'', being deductive and abstract?

I wouldn't say so. However I suspect people sort of naturally associate Te with Si since both are concerned with structure. I have also always associated Fe and Ni with each other since Fe is natrually associated with subjectivity. In my mind I always have thought E, S, T, and J were "in harmony" where as I, N, F, and P were all in harmony.

Nevertheless I don't think it's accurate to describe a function as being like another function. They're all their own beasts.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
For me TJ is like a really hard hard hard stone, I have to carry all day... they dont get me... they never get me.... I say things and mean well and people arrest me for it... people are strange.... I really have to pay them back !

neuskens

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
No I don't think so. I see dominant functions as representative of people's modus operandi and I wouldn't call ISTPs "abstract" at all.

Also this is mixing metaphors a bit so I see it as more confusing than anything.

Hmm, I get what you're saying. By ''modus operandi'', what do you mean? The first thought one has when receives new information?

Another way of saying this is that Te is more concerned with external coherence. How some object relates to and makes sense within some broader context in an objective fashion. Ti is more concerned with internal coherence or how an object is constructed or comes together to be functional within itself. As EJCC said, whether the individual is more likely to apply this to an idea or a concrete object is guided by their overall preference for intuition or sensing.

I understand Ti being concerned with how an object is constructed, but I struggle to grasp the concept of internal coherence.

I wouldn't say so. However I suspect people sort of naturally associate Te with Si since both are concerned with structure. I have also always associated Fe and Ni with each other since Fe is natrually associated with subjectivity. In my mind I always have thought E, S, T, and J were "in harmony" where as I, N, F, and P were all in harmony.

Nevertheless I don't think it's accurate to describe a function as being like another function. They're all their own beasts.

That is precisely why I asked, I indeed see them very associated. Maybe they are in a concept we haven't discovered yet. Maybe they do share an essence.

neuskens

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
For me TJ is like a really hard hard hard stone, I have to carry all day... they dont get me... they never get me.... I say things and mean well and people arrest me for it... people are strange.... I really have to pay them back !

Just as they're not seeing your point of view, you're probably not seeing theirs. Try to see the problem with their eyes, ~feeling~ where they're coming from and why that's hurting them.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmm, I get what you're saying. By ''modus operandi'', what do you mean? The first thought one has when receives new information?
I mean it fairly literally (it's Latin for "method of operation"). So, basically your standard operating procedure. The way you do things.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Extroverted Thinking in Archimedes: “εύρηκα”"

Eureka (εύρηκα) in greek means "I have found it" was what Archimedes (c. 287 – c. 212 BC)exclaimed when he made his discovery more than 2000 years ago. The story is as follows.

wikipedia said:
Archimedes reportedly exclaimed "Eureka" after he realized how to detect whether a crown is made of impure gold. While he did not use Archimedes' principle in the widespread tale and only used displaced water for measuring the volume of the crown, there is an alternative approach using the principle: Balance the crown and pure gold on a scale in the air and then put the scale into water. According to Archimedes' principle, if the density of the crown differs from the density of pure gold, the scale will get out of balance under water.[8][9]
source

youtube animation
According to the story, He realize it while having a bath. While having a bath, He suddenly exclaimed that. Then He run to the road without wearing any clothes. I wonder whether he forgot that he was having a bath? Or he may have lost awareness of what he was doing at the moment because of successfully discovered what he had been pondering for so long.
In Jungian typology, "eureka" or "I have found it" is identified as a judgement. It must have been a be thinking judgement. It cannot have been a feeling judgement. if it had been a feeling judgement, He would have exclaimed feeling expression like: "I love it", "I like it", "I am pleased with it", "I hate it"," I am bored", "I am annoyed", "I am not comfortable with", etc.
In Extraversion of Thinking, the outside world object determined the consciousness of the ego. In this case, what he found i.e the density principle, that his ego was aware of determines the judgement. Had not the density principle been found yet, the his ego wouldn't have been aware that it had been found. That is extraversion natural consciousness attitude.
According to Jung, In an natural extraverted attitude, the object can even alienate ( "make indifferent " ) the subject from itself. Archimedes must have been indifferent to himself when he noticed that he has found something that he seemed not to care that he was having a bath.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
It’s called paying attention to to your surroundings. Pretty basic stuff.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
It’s called paying attention to to your surroundings. Pretty basic stuff.

Without further clarifying, that sounds like Se, but any extroverted process relates to awareness of one's surroundings.

Se - the colours and objects around you, especially that which most stands out
Te - the mechanical processes and functionality of items
Fe - people and anything with "emotional charge"
Ne - abstract connections and surfacing developments

The introverted functions can relate to what is around you, but the experience is internal:

Si - concrete factors such as memories and attention to detail
Ti - sense of logical (in)correctness
Fi - sense of emotional (dis)harmony
Ni - concepts and sense of development

(I'm using the term "sense" in the sense of an internal experience of something being the case)