• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do you think about your dual?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I was thinking today about how interesting the dynamic between duals is--how one type's weakness is another's strength, and how two completely different types of people can use the same functions (but with different order preferences) to perhaps even come to the same conclusion, but in different ways.

So I ask you, denizens of TypoC, what do you think about your dual? We have a large variety of types here; I think it's worth its own thread to see what duals think about each other. :D

As for me, I find ENTPs really interesting (and a little scary lol). NeTi boggles my mind and yet I think hanging around ENTPs would help me to develop my weaknesses (even though I'd probably find it very frustrating at first). Overall, from what I have observed of the ENTPs I have met, they seem very intelligent while also having a secret soft side to them, and I like it. :)

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think I often hang around people that I would identify as ESFJ.

>I don't always hang around ESFJs, but when I do I want to get out of there as soon as I can. (and/or I'm in the wrong place and time altogether)

á´…eparted

passages
There is just generally no chemistry between me and the ISTP's that I meet. If there is any it's weak. As such I don't find them all that enthralling. Many are the "strong silent type" and that trope is a turn-off for me.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I don't think I often hang around people that I would identify as ESFJ.

>I don't always hang around ESFJs, but when I do I want to get out of there as soon as I can. (and/or I'm in the wrong place and time altogether)

I dunno man, I think we have some good stuff going on. :D

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To me, ISTPs seem very mellow, logical, and perceptive or irrational ideologues (so fixed on their internal logic that they believe their thought process = ultimate reality). The latter group inspires instant ire from me.

elcie

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Kind of drawn to them and scared of them too lol. But I don't always feel like they're my polar opposite - in that sometimes I get along with them quite well. I feel more like that about ENTJ, ESTP and some NFPs...

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Kind of drawn to them and scared of them too lol. But I don't always feel like they're my polar opposite - in that sometimes I get along with them quite well. I feel more like that about ENTJ, ESTP and some NFPs...

Right, same! I feel a like more "similar" to ENTPs than ENTJs.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Socionics duals? So ISTp/ENFp?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
At times like these I almost miss [MENTION=24238]RandomINTP[/MENTION]

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
dunno. i've liked all sorts. somtimes in a "i want to talk to you forever~" kind of way and some in a "fight me, asshole" kind o wayyy.

oh wait, my dual. who knows what type that is. do you? i do.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Socionics duals? So ISTp/ENFp?

Thats what I was wondering, socionics duals make so much more sense to me. Totally get the IEE SLI pairing. I don't think there is any way I could describe my last relationship (which ended through external things out of our control) other than duality.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
There is this ISFJ(ISFp in socionics I guess) girl at work. We definitely have a chemistry but I'm not sure if its necessarily romantic or not. I find her attractive (very much so physically) but we're both taken. We get each other's humor. I had her take the personality test along with some other colleagues. In my group currently are also an ISFJ/ISFp guy, INTP/INTj guy, and ISFP/ISFj guy.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thats what I was wondering, socionics duals make so much more sense to me. Totally get the IEE SLI pairing. I don't think there is any way I could describe my last relationship (which ended through external things out of our control) other than duality.

I am ISTP in mbti and ISTp in socionics. Just wanted to confirm as I don't think duals match up quite as good in MBTI in regard to IP/IJ due to issues with system.

I am currently in a dual relationship. It's very smooth and easy. The biggest rough patch was prior to dating and like your, due to external circmstanceS and influences. That seems to be what messes up duality the most, external circumstances and external people. The biggest issues between me and my current has pretty much revolved around her view of the world and the fact that I have introduced her to a new world. A new way of seeing things, handling things, doing things, etc. We compliment each other in every aspect of life.

External things determine extent of love and closeness. But the personality duality usually means that time together is all that's needed to build and grow personally and relationship wise.

They are the people who you can traverse the world with and enjoy it every step of the way.

I know I use the phrase..."are you looking at me or the world" because she pins her understanding of people based on pattern on me as opposed to who I really am.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
My mom's an ISFJ and I find communication with her is somewhat of a struggle because I'm crass and she's sensitive, but she has such a lovely emotional side to her and forms such deep connections I could never even imagine. I absolutely love the woman obviously, but even if she wasn't my mom I would say she's just a neat person with a stellar personality. I haven't met other ISFJs but if they're all like her that's awesome.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am ISTP in mbti and ISTp in socionics. Just wanted to confirm as I don't think duals match up quite as good in MBTI in regard to IP/IJ due to issues with system.

I am currently in a dual relationship. It's very smooth and easy. The biggest rough patch was prior to dating and like your, due to external circmstanceS and influences. That seems to be what messes up duality the most, external circumstances and external people. The biggest issues between me and my current has pretty much revolved around her view of the world and the fact that I have introduced her to a new world. A new way of seeing things, handling things, doing things, etc. We compliment each other in every aspect of life.

External things determine extent of love and closeness. But the personality duality usually means that time together is all that's needed to build and grow personally and relationship wise.

They are the people who you can traverse the world with and enjoy it every step of the way.

I know I use the phrase..."are you looking at me or the world" because she pins her understanding of people based on pattern on me as opposed to who I really am.

Yah well thats pretty amazing that you guys have it and it works..:wubbie: l love the comment about the world view, makes a lot of sense.

I should add in here that I am now happily married, to someone who is not my dual haha. Though socioncis wise we should still in the same quadra and so have the same values etc (IEE EII). There is actually very little work to do except on communication, though this has been the case in almost all relationships i have encountered esp with introverts.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yah well thats pretty amazing that you guys have it and it works..:wubbie: l love the comment about the world view, makes a lot of sense.

I should add in here that I am now happily married, to someone who is not my dual haha. Though socioncis wise we should still in the same quadra and so have the same values etc (IEE EII). There is actually very little work to do except on communication, though this has been the case in almost all relationships i have encountered esp with introverts.

Yeah, i can easily see myself with someone other then a dual and being perfectly happy. It may take a little more work, but it doesn't mean I would be any less in love then I would with a dual.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
ESFJ(Fe-Si) is suppose to be my dual. I am INTJ(Ti-Ne). I never felt a compelling attraction to ESFJ like dual theory is suppose to be. I think romantic attraction with people who are functions in reverse order can be interesting. However, my beef is how the dual theory says this is suppose to be the most interesting pair ups. I have been attractive to ESFJ before. I was drawn to be extroverted side and how popular they were.

Last edited:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I met very few ESTP's to know personally with, I say they make me laugh more than other types but it's opposite worlds. I find it funny when one sees me and there was this one who tried be philosophical, but if you get philosophical back. They shut down. Lol.

Although ESTP's find me to be very lovable person, but it's not only ESTP's who find me that way.. :D

I think duals are nice, but you tend to only cause trouble for each other. I think it's a lot of thought for Fe types to think that maybe if we bond together we'll resolve our differences and think exactly alike--NO.

:unsure: Good day.

SwimmerGal97

I'm an ENTP and my best friend (more through circumstance than us being drawn to eachother) is an ISFJ and I find him infuriating.

His head is too much in the now I can't have any long term or wacky conversations with him. I'll bring in possibilities and read into things and see deeper whereas he takes things as they are at face value, theres no room for interpretation and I find it very rigid.

Also the way our thought processes work clash a lot- he's very step by step I'm more 5 thought trains away so he ends up confused when I make fast links and change topics seemingly randomly (although there is always a link) and I get frustrated when I have to backtrack and go slow.

Our different ideals are cause for friction (I disagree but don't like to trample all over his values) in that he argues for safety, security and comfort whereas I'm more adventure, excitement and change. He belives in his ideals and he can stick to them stubbornly which to me just seems blind to the possibilities and even the real truth.

In some ways my dual is good for me though, it gives me an insight into seeing how he thinks and our differences both help me to see my strengths (my creativity and curiosity) and weaknesses (i'm kinda fickle and can be a little cold)