• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do you think about your dual?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Also the way our thought processes work clash a lot- he's very step by step I'm more 5 thought trains away so he ends up confused when I make fast links and change topics seemingly randomly (although there is always a link) and I get frustrated when I have to backtrack and go slow.

Hehehhe, I find this funny because I always get frustrated when xNTPs that I know jump from point A to point G to point D out loud without being sequential because I can't keep up or make sense of it. I even write essays and things sentence by sentence without jumping around. :D

SwimmerGal97

Hehehhe, I find this funny because I always get frustrated when xNTPs that I know jump from point A to point G to point D out loud without being sequential because I can't keep up or make sense of it. I even write essays and things sentence by sentence without jumping around. :D

We find it kinda annoying to! (at least I do, I can't have just one thought...theres always another, and another branching off and I never get anything done and I'm sarky (and okay kinda bitchy and grumpy) when people don't follow....so you poor IFSJ's (maybe it's just my particular friend....can you do parentheses within parentheses? thats not grammatically correct is it...then again none of this post will be grammatically correct so who cares) get me snapping at you). And I've hurt him (i think he's the only isfj friend i have....maybe I need more friends...) quite a lot of times jokingly insulting his intelligence over not keeping up (I don't mean that, just to clarify, it has nothing to do with intelligence it's just the way we think...only he's v v sensitive. And seems to have a sense of humour bypass). Is it an NTP thing do you reckon? Or do NFPs do it too? It doesn't seem like it'd be related to thinking functions as it's not all that logical (or does it really just depend on functions?).

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
We find it kinda annoying to! (at least I do, I can't have just one thought...theres always another, and another branching off and I never get anything done and I'm sarky (and okay kinda bitchy and grumpy) when people don't follow....so you poor IFSJ's (maybe it's just my particular friend....can you do parentheses within parentheses? thats not grammatically correct is it...then again none of this post will be grammatically correct so who cares) get me snapping at you). And I've hurt him (i think he's the only isfj friend i have....maybe I need more friends...) quite a lot of times jokingly insulting his intelligence over not keeping up (I don't mean that, just to clarify, it has nothing to do with intelligence it's just the way we think...only he's v v sensitive. And seems to have a sense of humour bypass). Is it an NTP thing do you reckon? Or do NFPs do it too? It doesn't seem like it'd be related to thinking functions as it's not all that logical (or does it really just depend on functions?).

My sister is INTP (close enough lol) and I offended her once by telling her to slow down and think because speaking... so I guess we'll all just have to find some middle ground! :laugh:

SwimmerGal97

I offended her once by telling her to slow down and think because speaking... :laugh:

That's weird, her being the INTP and me the ENTP you'd think she'd be the think before she speaks type and I'd be the reverse but its actually the opposite...I often don't speak because thoughts....

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That's weird, her being the INTP and me the ENTP you'd think she'd be the think before she speaks type and I'd be the reverse but its actually the opposite...I often don't speak because thoughts....

She thinks it all through in her head, but when she tries to articulate it, it comes out really scattered and jumpy, so by telling her to think before speaking I mostly meant "slow down and say it coherently." She was very offended. :(

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Alas. I couldn't remember any ESFPs off the top of my head. So I wandered over to the MBTI threads to find ones about ESFP, and the only one I've found so far is... [MENTION=22064]ExNinjaTropPervertie[/MENTION].

(shuffles feet nervously.) Hi.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So many INTJ on this forum and so few ESFP. :blush::blush::doh::Ti::harhar:

This world is totally unfair !

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She thinks it all through in her head, but when she tries to articulate it, it comes out really scattered and jumpy, so by telling her to think before speaking I mostly meant "slow down and say it coherently." She was very offended. :(

Because it all sounded crystal clear in her head. Also, when you told her to slow down, you probably interrupted her train of thought and made it that much harder for her to continue, hence her frustration.

I'm just guessing the essence of what happened, as I can semi-relate.

Zentrifulgal

MBTI Type
ESTP
INFJs:
The ones that I met in real live (provided that I'm not wrong about them being INFJ) have made me feel very relaxed and calm in their presence, it's like I don't have to keep some facade up to get accepted. (At least thats how I felt.)

One other thing which I noticed with a lot of INFJs on YouTube is how they strive to understand the personality theory very precisely - in a way that seems like "Ti-understanding" to me. I find that especially interesting because they are feelers and still they have the logic of the typology system that often as the topic of their videos - more often than a lot of Ts on YouTube.
INFJs also seem to like drawings to help explain something.
Overall they all give me the impression that they have a thinking style similar to mine, when it comes to discussing theoretical stuff.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
That's MBTI INTJ for me. No. I would prefer another EP type, to match my energy level and my insanity ;)

Alas. I couldn't remember any ESFPs off the top of my head. So I wandered over to the MBTI threads to find ones about ESFP, and the only one I've found so far is... [MENTION=22064]ExNinjaTropPervertie[/MENTION].

(shuffles feet nervously.) Hi.

Well hello there. :wink: :newwink:

It's Ne so I'd expect NFPs to do it as well.

Although to be honest I'm an ESFP and I kinda have the same problem with the jumping/making leaps and leaving people in the dust.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dual as in Socionics duals? MBTI doesn't use ITR and has a different idea of what compatible types are I think. I read somewhere that duals are within the same Keirsey temperament

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENTPs tend to not like me. I don't like not being liked. :cry:

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's MBTI INTJ for me. No. I would prefer another EP type, to match my energy level and my insanity ;)

Well hello there. :wink: :newwink:

:bookish::cheers:

(That's "Hello" in INTJ-speak.)

It's Ne so I'd expect NFPs to do it as well.

Although to be honest I'm an ESFP and I kinda have the same problem with the jumping/making leaps and leaving people in the dust.

INFPs are good at the NE thing and making random jumps. INTJs like this as they chase the random topics about by doing a deep internal dive and tracing the topics
back until they find the (unseen) common thread; then throw out something either equally random, or something that shows they got the point completely.

What is the ESFP functional stack, btw? I had a rough week at work today and I'm too tired to look it up.:shock:

Anyhow, :bye: for now.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
INFPs are good at the NE thing and making random jumps. INTJs like this as they chase the random topics about by doing a deep internal dive and tracing the topics
back until they find the (unseen) common thread; then throw out something either equally random, or something that shows they got the point completely.

What is the ESFP functional stack, btw? I had a rough week at work today and I'm too tired to look it up.:shock:

Anyhow, :bye: for now.

ESFP is Se/Fi(/Te/Ni). That's interesting. Finding the common thread as you describe sounds rather like Ni. I do something similar with Fi. I think Ti does too. The difference is that the Ji will have to "figure out" the common thread as in judgment, and not immediately "see" it as in perception.

:cheers:

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESFP is Se/Fi(/Te/Ni). That's interesting. Finding the common thread as you describe sounds rather like Ni. I do something similar with Fi. I think Ti does too. The difference is that the Ji will have to "figure out" the common thread as in judgment, and not immediately "see" it as in perception.

:cheers:

Yikes! It's ME, but all backwards! "Run away, run away!"

...No, wait. I can just put myself in a mirror. That works too.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Yikes! It's ME, but all backwards! "Run away, run away!"

...No, wait. I can just put myself in a mirror. That works too.

LOL Dude, that's the entire point of duality. The title of this thread is "What do you think about your dual?" So I thought that was a given.