• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTJ feeling like an INFP?

SteinitzGamgbit

I have been told several times I'm an entj (possibly ESTJ) but I have spent a holiday with my stepfather and now I feel like an INFP.

Difference between where I was to where I went is that in my original habitat I live in a 10 million people city and I stayed with my stepfather in the countryside. Most importantly, I feel so opresseed with him. It's not like its his intention but I can't choose a damn thing when I'm with my stepfather.I can't choose to sleep with the window closed or.open, I can't choose if i want coke.or.pesi, and this also goes.for bigger things, like what I should do with my whole entire life. He doesn't give my an order, that's not how be makes.me.feel in a jail/feel traped, he will lgive me.options and if I choose what he doesn't expect he will just argue.with me.and won't let.me have what I want. Eg if I say pepsi instead of coke he will start trying to convince me why pepsi is bad by talking about its chemical corporation components and I just feel depressed because if I take coke he will react negatively and I'm afraid of what might come out of it.I can't really explain thisany better, it just feels like I'm being mind fucked, a slave, alone and with nobody to save me. This is just a detail but my stepfather is also disgusting (ie walk around with just underwear, yell instead of talk, sa badwords, etc)

Now the biggest problem is that under these circumstances I have taken the mbti and cognitive functions tests several times and in all of them I got INFP as result. Is this normal? I take a lot of pride in being an entj/ESTJ and don't want to not.feel superior, nationalistic, logical, etc. I'm afraid I never was one to start with and that was all a defense mechanism because I was being insecure. Are these my new colours now? Was I never ExTJ? Will I ever have my ego back? Please help me, im afraid.

sassyluver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Hi there! First of all, do not be afraid of shifting personality type. Personality types are not always perfect and they are not 100% sure. Personality type was created so that you'll know that you are not alone. Now, in the case if you are an INFP but also an ENTJ, well, it's not really a bad thing. So what if you think you have two MBTIs? :) Since you already have two options, then if you really want to be an ENTJ, then be one :) And hey, it is not also bad being an INFP. I am an INFP and I am happy with it. Well, it depends on you. You know yourself better. And if you are confused, just choose whatever that is comfortable with you. Don't be pressured and depressed. Relax and think about it. If you want to be logical then be one, if you want to be feeler then be one. in the end, the truth is, you are you. Do not let personality type cage you. It is not made to box you inside. It is made for you to be free of who you are.

Lots of love,
Sassy★

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel sorry for you and hope you'll be able to get through that and lead a better life without feeling trapped.
Now INFP can be really stubborn and wouldn't obey the rules, specially when it's coming from someone who they don't feel emotionally bonded with..
So maybe you're an ESTJ or ENTJ who are being wise by not causing troubles in order for the family to held up together, that's why your current circumstances is not showing the real you, but don't worry you're still young, life would show you more of your true self in future.
I'm quite sure that if I did the test like 10 years ago I would get INFJ, but now I'm 100% sure I'm an ENFJ..
Have a nice day/night [emoji4]

Pinina

MBTI Type
ESTJ
I have been told several times I'm an entj (possibly ESTJ) but I have spent a holiday with my stepfather and now I feel like an INFP.

Difference between where I was to where I went is that in my original habitat I live in a 10 million people city and I stayed with my stepfather in the countryside. Most importantly, I feel so opresseed with him. It's not like its his intention but I can't choose a damn thing when I'm with my stepfather.I can't choose to sleep with the window closed or.open, I can't choose if i want coke.or.pesi, and this also goes.for bigger things, like what I should do with my whole entire life. He doesn't give my an order, that's not how be makes.me.feel in a jail/feel traped, he will lgive me.options and if I choose what he doesn't expect he will just argue.with me.and won't let.me have what I want. Eg if I say pepsi instead of coke he will start trying to convince me why pepsi is bad by talking about its chemical corporation components and I just feel depressed because if I take coke he will react negatively and I'm afraid of what might come out of it.I can't really explain thisany better, it just feels like I'm being mind fucked, a slave, alone and with nobody to save me. This is just a detail but my stepfather is also disgusting (ie walk around with just underwear, yell instead of talk, sa badwords, etc)

Now the biggest problem is that under these circumstances I have taken the mbti and cognitive functions tests several times and in all of them I got INFP as result. Is this normal? I take a lot of pride in being an entj/ESTJ and don't want to not.feel superior, nationalistic, logical, etc. I'm afraid I never was one to start with and that was all a defense mechanism because I was being insecure. Are these my new colours now? Was I never ExTJ? Will I ever have my ego back? Please help me, im afraid.

Ugh, sounds awful.

Why do you feel like an INFP?
My guess is, if you identify with ExTJ, you are one. That does not change. I felt like an INFP through age 13-16, but looking back, it's pretty clear I always had the ESTJ peeking through and wanting to take place. Under stress, it's not uncommon to go in to our "shadow type", being IxFP for ExTJs, so it's not really surprising.

But again, why do you feel like an INFP?

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi there! First of all, do not be afraid of shifting personality type. Personality types are not always perfect and they are not 100% sure. Personality type was created so that you'll know that you are not alone. Now, in the case if you are an INFP but also an ENTJ, well, it's not really a bad thing. So what if you think you have two MBTIs? :) Since you already have two options, then if you really want to be an ENTJ, then be one :) And hey, it is not also bad being an INFP. I am an INFP and I am happy with it. Well, it depends on you. You know yourself better. And if you are confused, just choose whatever that is comfortable with you. Don't be pressured and depressed. Relax and think about it. If you want to be logical then be one, if you want to be feeler then be one. in the end, the truth is, you are you. Do not let personality type cage you. It is not made to box you inside. It is made for you to be free of who you are.

Lots of love,
Sassy★

Are you sure of your type? You sound like an ENFP.

sassyluver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Are you sure of your type? You sound like an ENFP.

Oh hi! I am 100% sure that I am an INFP. Well I am pretty sure that our types are very confusing since there is just a little difference between our types in terms of our personality explanation. I am not an extrovert since I feel so tired with many people around me, it's like people sucks on my energy... Can you still understand? XD But anyway, be it an ENFP orn INFP as long as I am happy about me then it's fine xD :D

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Sounds like you're being manipulated.