• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you tell sensors from intuitors?

ChrisC99

MBTI Type
ADHD
That's still really unclear to me. They say sensors think more about relating to past memories and intuitors more about future possibilities - but doesn't pretty much everyone think about both quite a lot?

Is an intuitor more someone who thinks about creative/imaginative possibilities, while sensors just look at things as they are? Or is it more that intuitors are more focused on ideas than what's all around them? It still seems like it would be hard to tell which of those a person is thinking about more.

giorgaros2

MBTI Type
ENTP
You can't there isn't a typical sign of sensing vs intuition, you need to look for all kinds of functions and then type the person.

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's still really unclear to me. They say sensors think more about relating to past memories and intuitors more about future possibilities - but doesn't pretty much everyone think about both quite a lot?

Is an intuitor more someone who thinks about creative/imaginative possibilities, while sensors just look at things as they are? Or is it more that intuitors are more focused on ideas than what's all around them? It still seems like it would be hard to tell which of those a person is thinking about more.

It's all in the eyes. Please see diagram below for reference.

4EVGRSI.png

Proctor

MBTI Type
INTJ
It's all in the eyes. Please see diagram below for reference.

4EVGRSI.png

No no no. It's all in the taste of their semen.

At least that's how I've always told the difference.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No no no. It's all in the taste of their semen.

At least that's how I've always told the difference.

So for women that must mean... wow.

Now to totally Ni your joke (aka when people say you have gone too far):

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Can I just say, [MENTION=14236]ChrisC99[/MENTION], I LOVE what you put as your type :happy2: That's a very accurate "typing" for myself as well.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
So for women that must mean... wow.

Now to totally Ni your joke (aka when people say you have gone too far):

I love this, absolutely love this "Ni your joke". I feel I am goin to start using the expression, "I'm gonna Ni your ass!" from now on when something's about to go DEEP. Now, to the uninitiated, that just sounds like some S&M stuff there...oh well.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

ok, to ACTUALLY post something relevant to this thread (sorry :( ) It's all in the conversation, at least with me. I tend to "play" with thoughts and ideas, talk about abstract concepts or angles, even lightheartedly with strangers, and if I see some blank stare or, more often than not, the "what you talkin bout Willis" expression, oh, I've gotten that plenty, then I've known I've run into a sensor.

Don't misunderstand this to seem as though sensors don't have the aptitude for critical thinking or abstract thought though, oh no no! In my experience with sensors, they seem to be more interested in exploring options and ideas that are more grounded in reality, practical based solutions. Intuitives seem to be more willing to take that leap of faith in grasping new concepts and ideas.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love this, absolutely love this "Ni your joke". I feel I am goin to start using the expression, "I'm gonna Ni your ass!" from now on when something's about to go DEEP. Now, to the uninitiated, that just sounds like some S&M stuff there...oh well.
That's very Nice.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
You can't there isn't a typical sign of sensing vs intuition, you need to look for all kinds of functions and then type the person.

Except this doesn't really make sense because the official MBTI test does not use the 8 functions. You CAN type someone without them. They are not 100% necessary.

Ingrid in grids

You tell a sensor from an intuitive based on their own self assessment of their preferences. That's really about it.

Sensation and intuition work in tandem. Everyone both senses and intuits.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's complicated because everyone uses both. I have heard it described as:

Sensors begin with what is concrete and tangible and build an understanding of theory from what is knowable. What one can see, feel, touch, and hear is most true. A tree is most real when you can feel, smell, and see it. The idea of a tree has some meaning, but what is the idea of a tree if you can't experience it?

INtuitors begin with a theory and apply it to the concrete world. What one can make sense of in a theoretical system that makes complete sense is what is most true. A tree is most real when you understand the patterns and systems behind the concept of a tree. A tree becomes more real when you understand it is a cycle of life and death and the tree you see and feel is just a moment in the more real system, the process of the tree.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Because Intuitive's are smart and sensors are stooooopiid. (derp derp):whacko:

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ

I don't, no, I don't think much about future possibilities.

Is an intuitor more someone who thinks about creative/imaginative possibilities, while sensors just look at things as they are? Or is it more that intuitors are more focused on ideas than what's all around them?

More the former, as "ideas" is too generic a word, could just be introversion for example.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Take out the "ors" and you'll see it clearly.
:troll:

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ

I didn't actually read the first part... S doesn't mean you are consciously thinking back to the past either. I for example don't do it much.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tend to notice, people who are likely S's will tend to talk about "practical" matters, whether people or things, while N's will talk more about ideas and concepts. Years ago, I would often jump into what were basically S conversations with the whole idea or theory of the things they were discussing (or relative comparisons, alternate things, etc) and then wonder why they weren't interested.

Then, learning about type, I cound see where it was a very useful thing to have had, even if it doesn't have some hard empirical evidence the "sciences" demand (which again, is reflecting a heavy S perspective). It made sense when it showed that there was a dominance of S, in the culture.