• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you tell sensors from intuitors?

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I dont know. It's been along time since I really looked into socionics and I never went very deep or remembered most of it. My extent was to figure out my type and it wasn't that invoved. I have looked into type relations, I bit into the ego, super ego, etc, a bit into functions and such. But I havnt spent much time learning so my application would not be good at all. We are talking over 3 years ago and I havnt touched it since.

Well what you called Si is the same in socionics. You type as SLI in socionics. But you don't relate to this Si as in my quote on the sandwich thingie or do you?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well what you called Si is the same in socionics. You type as SLI in socionics. But you don't relate to this Si as in my quote on the sandwich thingie or do you?

Types that value Si prefer to spend their time doing enjoyable activities rather than straining themselves to achieve goals. They like to believe that if activities are done with enjoyment, people will give them more effort and time, and also becoming more skilled at what they are doing in the long run. They believe that goals should suit people's intrinsic needs rather than shaped by the demands and constraints of the external world, and so do not try to force others into doing things they don't want to do. They also try to be easygoing and pleasant, preferring peaceful coexistence to conflict, except when their personal well-being or comfort is directly at stake. - See more at: Socionics Information Elements: Si

It's been while and I didnt go as in depth. I tend to match SLI alot more then other types.

I relate to this very much so. I just don't remember the internal sensations as explained in the text you put. I am very much a sense as in that smells or looks really good. Compared to people like my brother who is Si in MBTI, he eats for nutrition..because he has to, not health wise or taste wise as much. He is actually more likely to match the internal sensation thing then I am, but I care more about and enjoy the physical sensations more.

The straining activity I do because I love pushing myself. Not for any goal. To a person who is more structured sees it as a waste. I drive my dad nuts who has to have a goal to push like i do. I turn something simple complicated on purpose. Well the goal is just the challenge itself and increasing my ability. I don't really care what I accomplish other then those things which makes me seem like I give up because my goal is never to succed, just always push harder and farther. This is physical stuff.

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
It's been while and I didnt go as in depth. I tend to match SLI alot more then other types.

I agree you match SLI - Ti demonstrative, valued Ne>Se, Ni role, V-S (Vortical-Synergetic) cognitive thinking style.

Let me add your V-S is what drives me mad sometimes lol

I relate to this very much so. I just don't remember the internal sensations as explained in the text you put. I am very much a sense as in that smells or looks really good. Compared to people like my brother who is Si in MBTI, he eats for nutrition..because he has to, not health wise or taste wise as much. He is actually more likely to match the internal sensation thing then I am, but I care more about and enjoy the physical sensations more.

OK, what do you call "internal sensation thing" then? Please describe or quote which part of the text was "internal sensation" that you don't match.

The straining activity I do because I love pushing myself. Not for any goal. To a person who is more structured sees it as a waste. I drive my dad nuts who has to have a goal to push like i do. I turn something simple complicated on purpose. Well the goal is just the challenge itself and increasing my ability. I don't really care what I accomplish other then those things which makes me seem like I give up because my goal is never to succed, just always push harder and farther. This is physical stuff.

Yeah everyone likes challenges, just their ideas of what a challenge is what will differ.