• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP vs ESFP simplified.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I have 7 or 8 people in my life that are for certain EXFPs, they're on a scale from clearly ESFP to clearly ENFP. I'm trying to figure out a couple clear signs of being one or the other for those more in the middle of the spectrum. Here are a few examples of the ones I am having a harder time sorting out:

Example one (assumed ENFP but ESFP has started making more sense).

1) Likes art and is willing to spend a large percentage of their money on it, gets a feeling about it or it speaks to them and they must have it.
2) Not a fan of theoretical conversations and doesn't enjoy engaging is silly banter or hypothetical silly conversations like foolish applications an item could be used for if we have no clue what it is or how it got someplace.
3) Will take decisive action (I have no clue how much thought is put into it internally beforehand) but without warning or concern for how their choices are going to impact others and not be able to explain the choices in a way that offers clarity. They just sort of clam up and that's that, no problem solving or alternation solution finding/compromise.
4) Loved by friends and has many of them but not connected on a deep level and more based on shared experience than depth of connection. Late 30s and still going out drinking on the weekends with 20 somethings as an example.
5) No kids, no particularly significant romantic relationships, has lived in 5 states in the past 20 years, keeps a job roughly 2-3 years and it's important to them they're viewed as good/competent by others.

Example two (my father, assumed ENFP)

1) Has always held a job and been dependable, his first job for 20 years as well as his second profession for 20 years.
2) Outside the box thinker and good with problem solving e.g. fixing cars, building things though he is a total hack and lacking attention to details.
3) Brags to feel better about his lacking self esteem, it's important for him to be acknowledged as being good by his employer.
4) Likes talking about silly things from a steam powered satellite or anything nonsensical, easily picks up on sarcasm and jokes.
5) Has made many selfish choices in his relationship with my mother but overall extremely generous and giving.
6) He does not like confrontation, will run from it, avoid, lie to not engage, whatever it takes to avoid it and doesn't want to resolve it after the fact so he'll pretend it never happened.
7) Judgmental without confirmation of the facts, assumes something and reacts without clarifying and will also carry around something from the past and randomly bring it up out of left field years later.

Any thoughts or clear insights on how to tell them apart when you see aspects of both in one? This is all my attention span can handle for now.