• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your MBTI Type changes while drinking?

JClassic

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I have noticed that when I take the MBTI Assessment while a bit tipsy my personality type changes, lol. I know this might seem irrelevant to most, but while on a date if your drinking you might mistakingly be compatible or incompatible with the person. Is this a common thing, if so do you think the J types would turn into P types or T types turn into F types?

Jaguar

Drinking or not, depending on the version of a 'test' I take, the J/P flips back and forth all the time. Nothing new. Different questions, different results. You're focusing on a type changing, and I'm focusing on a test result changing. And even then, the so-called test result is only the beginning of investigation, not the end.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I would just be a drunk INTJ.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Type and the function stack is based on "ego-states", and being drunk puts you in another ego-state than what you normally put out to the world (which is the Persona), and so hence, behaving differently. Likely stuff repressed by your normal function preference. So it may be the inferior and/or tertiary that shows up (which will bear the opposite J/P), or it could be some other combination of repressed states.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I don't think people change when they are drunk - it's when they act truest to who and what they really are.

I don't thin their type changes either, though the way the express it might.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think people change when they are drunk - it's when they act truest to who and what they really are.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When drinking I am peculiarly self-confident, joking around, always teasing and a bit childish. I can swear and make fun of people around me if they don't join me to play:smile:

A normal attitude for a "drunk" (I have never been drunk I hate losing control) lady like me:cheers::gleam::content:

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

What you're describing as "truest to who they really are" is what I was describing as what was "suppressed" (and likely the inferior/tertiary "shadow type"). But as type is defined by the Persona we put on (the more mature ego states that carry our usual world view and outward goals via the preferred functions), this is not really considered their "truest" self. (It's really exchanging one set of consciousness for another, where "truest self" in Jungian terms is more about expansion of consciousness).

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When my INTJ is pissed at someone (which is exceedingly rare) and they've burned all bridges, he goes ENTP style troll on their ass. :doh:
When my INTJ is pissed...he goes ESxP on the world, scaring waiters everywhere. :ninja:

It's utterly bizarre to witness, lemme tell ya.

...I've never been drunk, so I wouldn't now what I do...

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Definitely a silly drunk here. Mostly a silly sober too. Years ago I tried to be dignified, but it didn't take. :bunnyglee:

rmrf

If I'm a bit tipsy, I tend towards ENTP, once I start getting quite unsteady, ENFP. While I guess the archetypal drunk is ESFP, alcohol makes my already bad Se far far worse.