• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Beauty of Ne/Ni

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
This thread is not about Intuitives vs Sensors (God, could you imagine?!) But rather, I'm just curious how everyone uses their intuition and what it means to them. Whether you're an Ne user or Ni user, dominant function or weakest function, what examples can you think of that best portray your use of intuition?

Intuition is fun, let's share! :happy2:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pattern recognition in nature (i.e. Atom resembles Solar System resembles Galactic Cluster and so on; universe resembles human brain; transportation network and infrastructure of a nation-state is a macrocosm of the human body and also somewhat analogous to what will happens as humans evolve and begin to incorporate technology into their bodies; etc.)

World building.

Having sudden insights or moments of clarity about how an event might unfold. Knowing what someone is about to say. Predicting or knowing how a novel, film or television series will end after the first few episodes or chapters.

Frequently making observations or statements that appear as non sequiturs to others, but seem related and relevant from my point-of-view.

Those are just a few personal examples.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel like I use both Ni/Ne, which is why I'm not always certain of my type.

I've always been highly imaginative, which helped me live through difficult scenarios. When I was young and in school I was mostly lonely and had trouble connecting and relating socially, so I would create imaginary scenarios inside my head and live them. If I were alone on a field trip, I would imagine it into another world and have a great time. Most of my favorite memories had to do with imaginary experiences.

There is also a way I connect with nature that is primarily based on intuition. I absorb all the patterns around me and see relationships between every one of the senses, and then get lost in a sense of indescribable beauty and meaning. This has always been a refuge for me.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx

I've always been highly imaginative, which helped me live through difficult scenarios. When I was young and in school I was mostly lonely and had trouble connecting and relating socially, so I would create imaginary scenarios inside my head and live them. If I were alone on a field trip, I would imagine it into another world and have a great time. Most of my favorite memories had to do with imaginary experiences.

There is also a way I connect with nature that is primarily based on intuition. I absorb all the patterns around me and see relationships between every one of the senses, and then get lost in a sense of indescribable beauty and meaning. This has always been a refuge for me.

This is Ni all the way. Even your last sentence where I think you were trying to get at Ne doesn't really sound like Ne. It's definitely more on the Ni-Se spectrum. Ni definitely sees meaning where as Ne sees perspective.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I can get like that with classical music. The complexity of all the instruments together is awesome and like a euphoric high. I don't listen to classical much, but a crystal clear surround sound system turned crazy loud with classical is very enjoyable. Stereo seems to be able to hit louder volumes and more crystal clear then being at the orchestra. Though I do enjoy that to.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Sounds familiar - I always ascribed the Nature thing to Fi though - seeing everything as universally connected.
And I definitely escaped into my own world when forced to go to school where I didn't want to be. I was known for daydreaming - I usually was inspired by fantasy books I'd read which I'd create a spin off of to then rewrite with myself as one of the characters.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can get like that with classical music. The complexity of all the instruments together is awesome and like a euphoric high. I don't listen to classical much, but a crystal clear surround sound system turned crazy loud with classical is very enjoyable. Stereo seems to be able to hit louder volumes and more crystal clear then being at the orchestra. Though I do enjoy that to.

I usually keep music at a moderate level (although others claim I like it loud, it doesn't seem that way to me) but I will crank it to the max if I'm playing classical or orchestral film score music.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sounds familiar - I always ascribed the Nature thing to Fi though - seeing everything as universally connected.

Ni.

Also , I can't resist:
200_s.gif

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=14857]fia[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] reminded me of a junior high experience. It's slightly off-topic but I thought it was relevant to the discussion.

In sixth grade my english teacher made the class keep a daily journal of what we'd done all day. That year was probably my low point in school--I had (literally) no friends, was going through an awkward physical stage, and was relentlessly bullied on a daily basis (it was a bit like Greg's experience in the Wimpy Kid series my son has been reading). The last thing I wanted to do was relive those experiences through writing (also, it seemed boring and I imagined that I'd be bored if I had to read my students' accounts of what they ate for lunch or who said what during P.E.) so I turned it into a logbook written by the captain of an interstellar exploration vessel.

Every entry detailed my fictional journey--new planets, aliens, cultures. I was building on paper the imaginary world that I retreated to every day to cope with my horrible school experience. It was an escape, although in hindsight, much of what I wrote was influenced by my real life struggles. If I'd been pushed around that morning by a jock, then my captain's log that day might be about his ship being pursued and attacked by a hostile battle cruiser.

It expanded throughout the year into a detailed guidebook to a massive fictional universe containing intricate worlds and complex societies. We turned in our notebooks at the end of every class and she'd return it the next day with her comments. The first week, I was sure I'd be marked up for failing to obey the rules (I was used to it by that point in my school career, but my attitude was "fuck it, I'm going to do this my way and at least turn it into something interesting"), but she loved it and encouraged me to continue.

I don't know what this has to do with intuition, so cool story bro, I suppose.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am fascinated with finding the core of everything and everyone. To learn and discover for my own self how things work, what's the pattern behind it, how one thing leads to another, what's the true essence, what's hidden, what's behind the obvious, how differently can things be perceived.
By understanding the underlying principles of things I am good at figuring out how things work, why they work the way. I am good at understanding definitions and patterns.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Everything I learn creates my own world within the present world built on true or false information which colors my reality. Books are gateways into this other perspectives, without others to hear from, the world would be quite dead, but beautiful comes from blissful ignorance.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I see what will be and what is, when everyone else sees gibberish. From the mundane to the divine, I see patterns and connections and the importance of things, events, ideas, people. I just know, without thinking about it. Answers come to me and I need to figure out the question.

My biggest struggle is articulating how I got from A to B. It is true, but explaining the logic just isn't possible many times.

Of course, I also weigh whether to let people see my insights.....some might have adverse consequences to the larger society. With great power comes great responsibility......

My other big struggle is properly interpeting my insights. Just because I saw something like I need to leave my marriage, doesn't mean the only answer was leave my wife. The correct answer was something needed to change, drastically. And that something was me, I needed to work on myself in order to fix things, no matter if my role was less prominent in causing the problems. Knowing what I see is almost as important as seeing in the first place.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can definitely relate to what [MENTION=14857]fia[/MENTION] writes re nature.

For me, the best example I can think of is tied to my photography and hiking trips. I have lots of experience at this point re hiking in Colorado, in terms of locations, tying in weather patterns and probabilities, wildflower blooming periods and probability, and a lot of times I just 'know' where is likely the best place to go on a given day or week. Also sometimes I get a sense for a particular shot, a strong drive that I need to take it. Can be the same with painting too I guess. Also too, I'll get that sense sometimes when I'm driving, esp if I get lost, I let Ni jump in with Se and it's why I think I'm pretty good feeling my way around a city.

I don't get this feeling often, hence am not Ni dom, and I also think I can break down the reasons for the feeling, I know it has a backbone of lots of experience, but yeah, that feeling occurs sometimes.

á´…eparted

passages
I used to think I could explain my intuition, but I can't. Attemps to do so generally just makes flowery sounding bullshit.

All I can say, is I am a conceptualizer to my core, and I think by identifying subjective patterns.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My intuition comes into play most readily in the realm of arts and design since those are areas I am most passionate about. When I wish to create new architectural designs, I often pull my inspirations from varied sources and experiences I've had, but more often than not, I tend to pull from my love of music and art. The way elements dance and intertwine within music or within a painting, can spark ideas and creative incites into how forms and spaces can come together. Often times, it comes in an instant, and I will see a particular relationship between the colors of a painting or instruments within a song, and directly apply that relationship to a new application altogether.

To me, my intuition is all about seeing relationships underlying all elements of this world and being able to utilize those relationships by twisting and molding them to create new and fantastic discoveries.

giorgaros2

MBTI Type
ENTP
Can anyone tell me what Ni is ? My INFJ (He is 100% INFJ) told me that most of the time he is in his head he either imagines things that will happen or things that are just imaginations.
He also has insights about people.But how can imagination be combined with insights?It is difficult finding the basic definition of Ni

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Can anyone tell me what Ni is ? My INFJ (He is 100% INFJ) told me that most of the time he is in his head he either imagines things that will happen or things that are just imaginations.
He also has insights about people.But how can imagination be combined with insights?It is difficult finding the basic definition of Ni

So I'll give you my understanding of Ni though, because I'm an Ne dom like yourself, it may not be precisely what it is (calling all Ni doms for assistance :happy2:)

But starting with my use of Ne, I see it as finding common relationships between objects, concepts, theories, etc., and seeing how things are connected and interrelated with one another. It's all intuition so it's not fact, but it takes that leap and amalgamates things into an understanding. You see beyond the physicality of an object and see it for its essence, its "truth" so to speak. Now, I back mine up with Fi so my version may be slightly different than yours. For example, I'm passionate for the arts, music, and design, so I often pull from those areas for inspiration and for an understanding for the bigger picture that is life, rather than using Ne in a more mechanical, objective use (as I imagine it may be for ENTPs) And, in relation to my Te use, I see those underlying relationships and then apply them to new situations where I see fit. This is all abstract and not based in reality though.

Ni though, realizes things as connected and interrelated, as Ne does, but keeps that system in place. Same inclination towards finding relationships, but maintaining the actual systems in place. To my understanding, this is the fundamental difference between the two, and how Ni is able to narrow things down to a point, whereas Ne tosses concepts around like a tossed salad. Ugh..ok, let's go with the "tossed salad" approach shall we? Ni sees the salad and all the pieces within the bowl, it's a salad with elements that come together to make that salad, sitting in the bowl. How are the elements related? Well it sees the underlying connections as making a whole, the concept of what a salad means to be. Ne takes that salad of elements, and throws out the bowl, so there is no longer anything restraining those elements to their original system of relationship. Think of the parts to a salad as all splayed out over a chopping board. Yes, they can all come together to make a salad, but the bowl, or system, is no longer relevant. They are now free flowing elements that have the opportunity to make new connections among one another since they are no longer bound to a system.

Is one better than the other? Absolutely not. To me, Ni is more "magical" since it seems to work more in the background collecting data and making more sense of the system it's analyzing as it's taking in new perspectives and ideas. Ne is fully in the light with me, and ya I make connections at a lightning pace, and in that sense, can seem "magical", but I know precisely how those connections are being formed as it's happening, there is no "magic" to the process, and I can usually control my Ne to a rather strong degree. All in my opinion of course. But the two are very similar in that they are both analyzing and seeking out relationships between things, or concepts for that matter. One just sees it as part of a "system" (Ni users being able to predict the future in that they understand a person's actions as a series of incidents and motives), and one that disregards the system entirely and creates new systems in which to place things. I really can't predict people's actions in the way an Ni dom user can, but the way I do it, which I can to a degree, is through my secondary Fi and my personal understanding of human nature and motives.