• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How seriously do you take mbti?

How seriously do you take mbti?

• Extremely Seriously- I think it can help the psychology field

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Seriously- I use it to help me in everyday life

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Sort of seriously- It helps me learn about myself, but it's not directly useful

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • No- but it's interesting

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • No- it's a joke

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Yes (other reason)

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • No (Other reason)

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How seriously do you take mbti, and why? Do you think it has any use, or is it just a fun theory?

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
I don't take the MBTI seriously at all. I take cognitive function theory much more seriously. I don't care about practical "use" anyway, but yes, it's an interesting theory. Sure.

á´…eparted

passages
It's an interesting theory, it helps explain some things, and puts solid words and systems to intangible things that people otherwise might not be able to articulate. It's also a great tool to spring-board into self reflection, which is something many people can benefit from.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
[MENTION=25892]Smilephantomhive[/MENTION] - I like this poll. "How seriously do you take MBTI?" "No." lol

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=25892]Smilephantomhive[/MENTION] - I like this poll. "How seriously do you take MBTI?" "No." lol

Yeah, I think I asked a separate question (do you take mbti seriously instead of how seriously do you take mbti) while typing the last four.

Sil

This is a test.
The last four aren't answers. Or better put, not framed as answers.

That's all.

EDIT: Oh look, someone stole my complaint. Good for them.

Mole

Permabanned
How seriously do you take mbti, and why? Do you think it has any use, or is it just a fun theory?

I take it very seriously because it is a highly successful confidence trick that has spread throughout the world and takes advantage of the vulnerable.

We are no longer socially controlled by a gun at our head, instead our mind is controlled by mbti.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I take it very seriously because it is a highly successful confidence trick that has spread throughout the world and takes advantage of the vulnerable.

We are no longer socially controlled by a gun at our head, instead our mind is controlled by mbti.

There once was a member named Mole,
Who emerged now and then from his hole
To admonish his pals
That those Briggs and Myers gals
Have our feeble minds in their control.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
uhm yeah. Psh. I don't take it seriously at all. That stuff is for babies. *eyes nervously dart around room looking for affirmation*

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
uhm yeah. Psh. I don't take it seriously at all. *eyes nervously dart around room looking for affirmation*

*pets you and give you a cookie* there mr.squirell have a cookie it will be ok

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Also, I take it "extremely seriously" in one way: there have been many grants to fund studies that have used MBTI as their cornerstone.. so.. somewhere down the line it's been taken seriously. That's all for things like, oh, correlations and tendencies and suggestions between and about things -- correlating such-and-such a trait with a so-and-so position or behavior. It pretty much fell out of favor in the early-to-mid-90's, but it's not without its contributions. On an individual level, it's not exactly rigorous or reliable; but it can be useful 'in passing,' so to speak.

But that's all taking it as a trait-based assessment. JCF can go kick rocks. Insofar as the dom function can give rough, meaningful classifications, cool. The aux function might be useful to kinda-sorta supplement. Taking it any further than that seriously is a joke at best and counterproductive at worst.
*pets you and give you a cookie* there mr.squirell have a cookie it will be ok
What I need is a "Yeah, neither do we! You're in. Here, have a cookie."

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Also, I take it "extremely seriously" in one way: there have been many grants to fund studies that have used MBTI as their cornerstone.. so.. somewhere down the line it's been taken seriously. That's all for things like, oh, correlations and tendencies and suggestions between and about things -- correlating such-and-such a trait with a so-and-so position or behavior. It pretty much fell out of favor in the early-to-mid-90's, but it's not without its contributions. On an individual level, it's not exactly rigorous or reliable; but it can be useful 'in passing,' so to speak.

But that's all taking it as a trait-based assessment. JCF can go kick rocks. Insofar as the dom function can give rough, meaningful classifications, cool. The aux function might be useful to kinda-sorta supplement. Taking it any further than that seriously is a joke at best and counterproductive at worst.What I need is a "Yeah, neither do we! You're in. Here, have a cookie."

cookies solve everything except diabetes,obesity and celiacs.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Outside of this website I don't really talk about it much. People that easily go into boxes do, those who don't I don't put them in it. I know people who are just introverts, that's the extent of the box I really care to put them in.

My ex started to study psychology when we split. It caused arguments because I don't have a box that "all" men fit into or all "women" so while I make joke and stereotype I know 100% it's a statistic and nothing more. Defintely not something to judge yourself by our try to be. Which meant we disagreed about "people" alot because the box doesn't define them. They define themselves and it may or may not fit neatly into a box.

Any stereotype is just that, some box to play with or use as needed. If you fit the stereotype of a man it does not mean you are a "man" it means you are "typical"

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
So very seriously.

It has morphed my soul. I think it about it every day, all day. I wake up in the morning feeling like.. and I think of MBTI. I go to bed at night and as the waves of euphoric unconsciousness wash over me, I think of MBTI. It brings me such an indescribable amount of relief having such a well-defined framework to view my interactions with others through. I don't know where I would be today if it weren't for MBTI. I was going down a bad road, you see, and then MBTI came into my life and helped me turn myself around. I love MBTI and I know MBTI loves me too. One day, I hope to show my spouse the beautiful force that is MBTI. And together we will instill in our children the value of MBTI. And I will even put a little plaque on the picket fence of our suburban home about us being under the protection of the MBTI.

And when they lay me into the ground, with the good pastor guiding my way and my surviving loved ones celebrating my life, it will be beside my spouse and MBTI.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So very seriously.

It has morphed my soul. I think it about it every day, all day. I wake up in the morning feeling like.. and I think of MBTI. I go to bed at night and as the waves of euphoric unconsciousness wash over me, I think of MBTI. It brings me such an indescribable amount of relief having such a well-defined framework to view my interactions with others through. I don't know where I would be today if it weren't for MBTI. I was going down a bad road, you see, and then MBTI came into my life and helped me turn myself around. I love MBTI and I know MBTI loves me too. One day, I hope to show my spouse the beautiful force that is MBTI. And together we will instill in our children the value of MBTI. And I will even put a little plaque on the picket fence of our suburban home about us being under the protection of the MBTI.

And when they lay me into the ground, with the good pastor guiding my way and my surviving loved ones celebrating my life, it will be beside my spouse and MBTI.

if you love it so much why don't you marry it

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
if you love it so much why don't you marry it

In the first version, I actually did. Even wrote about the consummation but I figured it was a little risqué and changed it. :/

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In the first version, I actually did. Even wrote about the consummation but I figured it was a little risqué and changed it. :/

Weird, I almost wrote
as a response to you originally but thought better of it.

Edit: But now I just did so it doesn't really matter. Hmm.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So very seriously.

This is the definition of true love. It brings me to tears!