• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which type has the greatest drive to relate to others and build relationships?

Lark

Like the heading says, I think everyone irrespective of type has some need to relate to others and some tendency to build relationships but for which type is that almost the whole of life?

I'm not for a second prepared to believe its an I vs E thing though.

elcie

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Maybe ENFJ or ESFJ?

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
To quote myself (as I love to do):

I'd say E/I and T/F both have significant (although somewhat different) roles to play in terms of influencing somebody's propensity to engage in social activity, with EFs being the most social, ITs the least, and ETs and IFs in between. If there's a set of types whose lives are most likely to revolve around their relationships, I'd say it's the EFs, and if there's a set of types most likely to be loners, I'd say it's the ITs. ...

I'd also say male/female and S/N can both, each in its own way, have some influence on someone's social propensities — Myers pegged SFs as the "sympathetic and friendly" types, while Keirsey pointed to NTs as the most aloof types — with the result that I'd be inclined to peg female ESFs as the likeliest social butterflies and male INTs (like me) as the likeliest MBTI candidates for hermithood.​

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESFJ, Enneagram 2

á´…eparted

passages
Maybe ENFJ or ESFJ?

Statistically speaking, I'd say this is true. In particular with the effort that is put in. Mix in E2 and it amplifies a lot. One of my friends is ENFJ 2w1, and she puts a TON of effort into building more relationships that pretty much anyone could keep up with. They aren't weak ones either. She will be like this till the day she dies.

I am pretty big on forming relationships. I have a limit, and I can only go so deep with most of them (I get satisfaction out of light and surfacy relationships and interactions), but it's very important to me, and I will be this way till the day I die.

I can't recall any ENFJ's or ESFJ's that I know that didn't have this streak in them to some extent. Some of them are bigger for 1 on 1 stuff, but that's the minority, and all had to have more than just several people.

Other types can be driven towards this too, don't get me wrong, but for Fe-dom's this is something that is very consistent across individuals.