• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ne Ti Fi Se- Am I a divergent?

MBTI Type
INTP
Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************ (36.4)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) (-3)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************************** (50.6)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************************** (35.6)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************** (28.6)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************************ (48.6)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) (-3)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************************** (46.4)
excellent use

So the website typed me as an INTP with a temperament of improviser. Can someone tell me what Jungian theories have to say about how my functions interact with each other? Also what does negative value mean? Thanks.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Type isn't relative "strengths" (at least not of all eight). Type is the dominant and auxiliary, and what really sets the place of the functions are "ego states" they associate with (this is explained in the wiki). If the ego state associated with Fi for an NTP is activated a lot, then the function may come out "strong", or seem "used" a lot, and you also have to keep in mind that the function definitions that tests operate off of aren't perfect. Fi often gets scored to high, because everyone can do stuff like "evaluate what's important to them". (Also, people's inferior often is the actual "weakest" on this test, even though in the normal stack, it's #4).

Never seen it do negative numbers before.

Not sure exactly why it sometimes assigns non-fitting temperaments. Probably because of the high Se score, but then I don't know why that would be presumed to trump the higher Ti and Ne.