• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Race, Culture and MBTI

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I always thought of Japan as being very NT or SJ. Be smart and work hard lol. Then again, I know close to nothing about Japan.

EDIT:

somebody already mentioned it before but SJs make up a nice chunk of the population. I think ESTJs make up 13 percent. That might be wrong though.

pretty much every estimate i've read put SJ's at around 50% of the total population. it is HUGE. it would be nice to see just how much these statistics differ.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I don't think that Italy is ESTJ. I think that Js are valued, but they (we) are also generally seen as a bit "stupid" for being on time etc etc

dorareever

MBTI Type
INFP
Magari lì è un po' diverso...

può essere. è probabile che andando verso sud sia più P che J, non so dalle tue parti.

e magari cambia anche nelle grandi città rispetto a quelle più piccole.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
pretty much every estimate i've read put SJ's at around 50% of the total population. it is HUGE. it would be nice to see just how much these statistics differ.

this might be true, i might be completely wrong with this (please correct me if i am):

ESTJ 13%
ESFJ 13%

Thats 26% on just the ESXJs alone, not including the introverts (which i think are 9% but im not sure). 50% seems a bit much but it could be correct

from my own observation ive noticed that Ss make up between 75 - 85% of the general population, and they seem to be evenly distributed between SPs and SJs. then again, i tend to not pay too much attention lol

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Here in California, there appears to be compliance to American social sterotypes; a majority of females appear to be (mainly E)SFJs and a majority of males appear to be (mainly I)STPs.

There doesn't appear to be a shortage of Ns here- - this may have something to do with the fact that I live about 10 minutes away from Berkeley.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I wonder if there is any nation/state/ethnic group/clan that has majority T females and F males? Or T males and females? I think it would say something about gender if ALL cultures and groups had similar distributions along the T/F lines.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
T and F are equally distributed between male and female

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
i think T and F are evenly distributed when accounting every person rather than just the United States but what does that even mean? That some of the american women testing as F are lying?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
i think T and F are evenly distributed when accounting every person rather than just the United States but what does that even mean? That some of the american women testing as F are lying?

Well it could suggest that the environment has a greater degree of control over the outcome of one's personality than biology.

Edit: Or at least its (the person's personality) manifestations.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram

Thing is, the stats so far come mostly from business settings in Japan...

wolfy

awsm
I'd type Japan and the Japanese as mostly SF. Be realistic, practical and think of others. The cultural ideal seems to be SF at least.

wolfy

awsm
i shoulda posted this earlier but o well. in NZ, our motto is pretty much "she'll be 'right". that's 'things will be ok' in english :D.sounds damn P to me.

In NZ it's all about the lifestyle eh.

So what type is Godzone?

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Japanese as SF? (Esfj, Isfj, Esfp, Isfp) Really? I don't know about the F part but I guess if i was going to stereotype what their culture values (and this is a big if) I would say ISJ.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
T and F are equally distributed everywhere, at least according to keirsey, and i believe it. now, socially Ts are more accepted when it comes to males, and Fs when it comes to females (<- super generalization ->). this is when you get F guys trying to be badass and manly and you get T girls trying to be...well more F for lack of better words. i know that there is a difference between I vs E and S vs. N (85% vs 15%).

EDIT:

and i still think japanese culture looks well upon SJ and NT. Work hard to be smart. The seem to have a thing for respect as well as wisdom/knowledge. Then again, I dont know much about the Japanese. Also SF notation is a tad vague. Like mentioned above: ESFP ESFJ ISFP ISFJ. There is a big difference between an SFP and a SFJ. That is why they make the temperaments.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think Japanese culture as a whole is ISJ with a larger than average number of INJs. this is kinda ironic because most INFPs and ENFPs I know (including myself) totally connect with Japanese culture and many of it's values. maybe that's because despite being philosophically collectivistic (this tends to happen with ridiculously SJ-ish cultures), they have such a rich, creative culture and value really being in touch with who you really are.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Any country can give off a certain Type Persona, but as for most abundant type, it's most likely ISTJ- the most common of types..no matter what country.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
i definitely believe that a culture has a lot to do with your own MBTI type. i'm not saying that all japanese are ISTJ's or whatever, but different countries have different type spreads, and it is my belief that culture and one's upbringing more or less has something to do with one's type.

personally, growing up in hong kong, everyone was busy at work, finishing that report etc. therefore, i would not be surprised if there were more ISTJ's there than other countries. they have the task skills after all. according to ISTJ facts, they are also more common among african americans, for reasons i could only guess.

any attempts on what cultures have more of what types? if you don't wish to offend other cultures, it's fine to speak about your own.
Mbtiwise, a culture is divided into three units.
However, MBTI is about four units.
Culturewise, a unit is missing.

America. They said it is a land of promise.
Once upon a time my grandfather heard what they said.
He sailed over.
He did not make it. He returned to Europe.

Sometimes you have to eat a humble pie.
Those who made it in America were the EJs.
There were no other requirements.

The missing unit does not culture.