• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Am I Fe/Ti or Fi/Te? :P

westrom

I'll clear this out - I am xxNJ, however I can't it narrow it down further now. I would appreciate your help :p

Let's say I am in the group of 5 people, and one of them is upset, doesn't talk. I would probably want to ask what's wrong, try to understand what's happening, and then advice her what she should do about it. But I am not alone, so maybe I wouldn't, as that might not work, as maybe she won't want to share it with everyone, and that will make her awkward and less comfortable. If I could convince her to share quickly, then we, the group, could discuss how her situation could be solved. If not, I would probably try to ask her something that really interests her, she knows about it, whenever I can. I am people motivator I'd say tbh. That's even more important than motivating myself, it seems, sometimes...

My perfect group...I think would be like less than 10 people, only few having a discussion. But the most important thing is that discussion would be useful to EVERYONE in that group, excluding people I don't like at all, or think they have no potential, so there is no point for them to listen to the group.
idk. Like most groups are...well, even if only few speak, like I want, they just share experiences, have "fun", party, which well, is okay sometimes, but it's not worth to be there that much. I hate sharing my "fun" experiences. I never do that. I wouldn't present it as ESTPs can.

I hate "social" groups etc. So pointless, like even worse than fun-focused groups. Really. Like in uni...one social group...members really like to advertiser the university, but idk, it's low level uni, why do that? They looks like idiots. Well, not that low, second best in this country, but I guess it doesn't match my standards. Haha. And they seem very humble, quite opposite of me, as I am very success oriented, ambitious. However, that's all in my mind, I have no works ethics or anything, so I pretty much do nothing, trying to go towards my goals. I am trying, getting better, but idk. I don't have "stuff" that I should be having now, as I failed in school earlier etc(wrong school, I was "weird").

I want to have my own group of friends I could discuss stuff and have fun from time to time. I don't have it, but I am sure it's what I see as the best.

I don't really like hugs, or kisses etc...NTJ?

I almost NEVER compliment people, unless I really think they deserve it. I don't like showing other people what I think of them either. Expressing what I "feel" is not what I rather enjoy.

When I am hurt, like if someone tells me my explanation of something was terrible or idk, I would probably not seem hurt to others. I think I would argue them if I think they are wrong, tho if they are right, I will probably come up with excuse of why it's bad, it will be a shame, and later I will probably think of how to solve that problem. Idk, there is probably nothing worse than...well, me making effort, and yet something I do fails. I think that's why I have hard time making effort, as I fear failure afterwards...:cry:

I think I am sometimes inconsiderate of others feelings tbh. Like if someone tells me they are very upset, sad, fear that something might happen to their friend...I won't "support" them emotionally, but try to advice what to do, and how to help that friend to survive or whatever.

If that tells you something, please share your thoughts. Thank you :):):):):):)

VagrantFarce

If you're sure you're xxNJ, then what you describe sounds like Fi/Te to me.

Introverted Feeling respects that "feeling values" are subjective - everyone is entitled to their own, and they exist outside of the objective world as it operates. Extroverted Feeling respects that "feeling values" are something that people adopt in consolidation with each other, and are integral to the process of forming relationships and building social strata.

Introverted Thinking is must like Introverted Feeling - everyone has their own personal "logic" or understanding, and they are entitled to be as in-step or out-of-step with the world as they need to be. Similarly, Extroverted Thinking is much like Extroverted Feeling - "logic" is something that is worked out "out loud", amongst and with other people, and to be too fast or too slow is to be out-of-step with the world as it happens.

So we can understand the two axes as being two different tug of wars that people might experience:

• Fi/Te illustrates a tug of war between what people "feel" on the inside to be important, and how the world "mechanically" operates.

• Ti/Fe illustrates a tug of war between what people understand for themselves to be true on the inside, and how the world consolidates what is important in the public sphere.

westrom

If you're sure you're xxNJ, then what you describe sounds like Fi/Te to me.

Introverted Feeling respects that "feeling values" are subjective - everyone is entitled to their own, and they exist outside of the objective world as it operates. Extroverted Feeling respects that "feeling values" are something that people adopt in consolidation with each other, and are integral to the process of forming relationships and building social strata.

Introverted Thinking is must like Introverted Feeling - everyone has their own personal "logic" or understanding, and they are entitled to be as in-step or out-of-step with the world as they need to be. Similarly, Extroverted Thinking is much like Extroverted Feeling - "logic" is something that is worked out "out loud", amongst and with other people, and to be too fast or too slow is to be out-of-step with the world as it happens.

So we can understand the two axes as being two different tug of wars that people might experience:

• Fi/Te illustrates a tug of war between what people "feel" on the inside to be important, and how the world "mechanically" operates.

• Ti/Fe illustrates a tug of war between what people understand for themselves to be true on the inside, and how the world consolidates what is important in the public sphere.

Makes sense. Thank you.

goamare

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'll clear this out - I am xxNJ, however I can't it narrow it down further now. I would appreciate your help :p

Let's say I am in the group of 5 people, and one of them is upset, doesn't talk. I would probably want to ask what's wrong, try to understand what's happening, and then advice her what she should do about it. But I am not alone, so maybe I wouldn't, as that might not work, as maybe she won't want to share it with everyone, and that will make her awkward and less comfortable. If I could convince her to share quickly, then we, the group, could discuss how her situation could be solved. If not, I would probably try to ask her something that really interests her, she knows about it, whenever I can. I am people motivator I'd say tbh. That's even more important than motivating myself, it seems, sometimes...

My perfect group...I think would be like less than 10 people, only few having a discussion. But the most important thing is that discussion would be useful to EVERYONE in that group, excluding people I don't like at all, or think they have no potential, so there is no point for them to listen to the group.
idk. Like most groups are...well, even if only few speak, like I want, they just share experiences, have "fun", party, which well, is okay sometimes, but it's not worth to be there that much. I hate sharing my "fun" experiences. I never do that. I wouldn't present it as ESTPs can.

I hate "social" groups etc. So pointless, like even worse than fun-focused groups. Really. Like in uni...one social group...members really like to advertiser the university, but idk, it's low level uni, why do that? They looks like idiots. Well, not that low, second best in this country, but I guess it doesn't match my standards. Haha. And they seem very humble, quite opposite of me, as I am very success oriented, ambitious. However, that's all in my mind, I have no works ethics or anything, so I pretty much do nothing, trying to go towards my goals. I am trying, getting better, but idk. I don't have "stuff" that I should be having now, as I failed in school earlier etc(wrong school, I was "weird").

I want to have my own group of friends I could discuss stuff and have fun from time to time. I don't have it, but I am sure it's what I see as the best.

I don't really like hugs, or kisses etc...NTJ?

I almost NEVER compliment people, unless I really think they deserve it. I don't like showing other people what I think of them either. Expressing what I "feel" is not what I rather enjoy.

When I am hurt, like if someone tells me my explanation of something was terrible or idk, I would probably not seem hurt to others. I think I would argue them if I think they are wrong, tho if they are right, I will probably come up with excuse of why it's bad, it will be a shame, and later I will probably think of how to solve that problem. Idk, there is probably nothing worse than...well, me making effort, and yet something I do fails. I think that's why I have hard time making effort, as I fear failure afterwards...:cry:

I think I am sometimes inconsiderate of others feelings tbh. Like if someone tells me they are very upset, sad, fear that something might happen to their friend...I won't "support" them emotionally, but try to advice what to do, and how to help that friend to survive or whatever.

If that tells you something, please share your thoughts. Thank you :):):):):):)

Why exclude possibilities for being Ti/Fi or Te/Fe?

I'd say the notion that there are "Fi/Te type"(supposedly same as Te/Fi type) and "Fe/Ti type" (same as Ti/Fe type) is a misconception.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I'd say the notion that there are "Fi/Te type"(supposedly same as Te/Fi type) and "Fe/Ti type" (same as Ti/Fe type) is a misconception.

that sounds like a terrifying mental illness. why would you even suggest such a thing.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All that is apparent to me is that you are either a Gamma or Delta. If you absolutely must be an NJ, xNTJ it is.

westrom

Sorry, I kinda value my time.

All that is apparent to me is that you are either a Gamma or Delta. If you absolutely must be an NJ, xNTJ it is.

Thank you. I did some research after I posted this, and I'd say I relate to Gamma at most, then beta, delta and alpha the least.

I totally relate to Je in general, and I have trouble seeing myself anything else than high Ni user, with low Se. But I am open to suggestions. Perhaps something I approached in my answers seems Ne/Si?