• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Here’s Which Myers-Briggs Type You’re Most Likely To Mistype As

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
ifif INxJ is not at the top of the list i will not believe that source.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So goddamn accurate:

ESTJ

Most likely to mistype as: ISTJ

Why this mistype happens: ESTJs definitely feed off the energy of others – but if they’re torn between getting something done right and getting something done as a team, they’ll choose getting it done right every time. ESTJs may manifest as introverts due to their tendency to want to “Take care of business” first and enjoy themselves second. But at the end of the day, imposing order on their external environment is what gives the ESTJ the most energy – making them an extroverted type through and through.

Also likely to mistype as: ENTJ

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, the whole thing seems to make sense.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
In the section on INTJs, the article says, "Types that are most likely to mistype as INTJ: INFJ, ENTJ, ISTJ."

A-a-and in the section on INTPs, the article says INTPs are "most likely to mistype as INTJs."

That article may be a "gem," buuut polished poop is still poop. :alttongue:

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Agreeing with [MENTION=18736]reckful[/MENTION]. Most of these are just rationalized letter flips.

Personally think ISTPs are way more likely to mistyped as INTJs than the INTPs. Same with INFPs and ISFJs.

But I'll assume JCF wasn't in the articles scope.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But I'll assume JCF wasn't in the articles scope.
Yeah not at all, lol. Thought Catalog is shallow -- but it publishes the only fluffy Facebook-friendly MBTI articles that aren't factually wrong enough to make me want to rip up a Keirsey book and throw it into the fire.

Null

-
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's nice, not as dry as a lot of other stuff out there.

Really liked that part.
Another factor that leads INFPs to believe they are INFJs is the fact that INFJs are the rarest type statistically. Because INFPs tend to be highly creative and individualistic, most of them have never met another person quite like themselves (including other INFPs). For this reason, they find it fitting that their type is 1% of the population – they think this explains their individuality, when in reality it is their introverted feeling that sets them apart in this regard.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ISFJs mistyping as INFJs is so real though. Cool article, thanks for sharing!

elcie

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thought I was ISTJ for ages. Didn't relate to the girly-feely descriptions of ISFJs at all. I wonder how much knowing I'm Isfj has changed my behaviour. Hopefully mainly for the better.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Thought I was ISTJ for ages. Didn't relate to the girly-feely descriptions of ISFJs at all. I wonder how much knowing I'm Isfj has changed my behaviour. Hopefully mainly for the better.

What made you realize differently?

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I used to think I could be INTP and an INFJ friend of mine suggested I could be ENFP in the past because she believed I had strong propensity to use Te. Also, another friend thought I could be an ENTJ because of my alleged use of Te. lol

I like facts and data but do not wholly rely on them to formulate my opinions. But at the same time, I don't willy-nilly speculate about reality ignoring facts and data.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP

Most likely to mistype as: INTJ

Why the mistype happens: Though INTPs are perceivers, they are highly concerned with accuracy in their intellectual pursuits and may take a regimented approach to their work. This type is highly perceptive in the intellectual sense but on a day-to-day basis they are not impulsive, which is the only measure that most online tests take into account to determine between judgers and perceivers. For this reason, many INTPs originally test as INTJs. The distinction between these two types can be understood through learning about cognitive functions – despite sharing three letters, these types have zero cognitive functions in common and actually process information incredibly differently.

Also likely to mistype as: ENTP

Why the mistype happens: INTPs enjoy exploring new ideas and thanks to introverted, extraverted intuition being their auxiliary function, they often enjoy brainstorming and debating new ideas as a means of giving them a new topic to analyze. Though it’s more common for ENTPs to mistype as INTPs than vice versa, these types share all the same cognitive functions in only a slightly different order and can each easily pass for the other in many situations.

Types that are most likely to mistype as INTP: INFP, ISTP

There, I corrected it. Does that make me an INTP? :D

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ

Most likely to mistype as: INFJ

Why the mistype happens: INTJs value self-improvement quite highly, which can lead them to develop their tertiary function – introverted feeling – to an impressive extent. This type tends to place a high value on peace and harmony, despite the ‘calculating overlord’ stereotype they are so often thrust into. An INTJ who is unfamiliar with cognitive functions may type as an INFJ, as their values and principles often line up with those of a feeler’s.

Also likely to mistype as: ENTJ

Why this mistype happens: INTJs are highly concerned with maintaining order in their external environment, which causes them to call on their auxiliary function, extroverted thinking, quite regularly. This may make them appear extroverted to those who don’t know the INTJ particularly well. The main way to distinguish whether you are an ENTJ or an INTJ is to examine which tertiary function you’re more comfortable with – INTJs are quite comfortable analyzing their emotions and values but are less comfortable with athletic pursuits, whereas ENTJs are more confident in their athletic abilities but less comfortable analyzing emotions.

Types that are most likely to mistype as INTJ: INFJ, ENTJ, ISTJ

:doh:

My life. I've noticed how the ENTJ next to me is always quite comfortable togo run or do something active, while I'm planted in my chair.

Sil

This is a test.
If this is accurate, it would appear most people mistype as N-types. I wonder if N type descriptions are by and large more relatable.

Personally, I mistyped in reverse order from what the site suggests. I started off an ESTP and then switched to ESTJ.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wouldn't really guarantee anything but the last two letters of my type, but with the one I usually choose neither of the options are anything I've ever mistaken myself for or tended to be mistaken for :shock:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting, I had no idea what to expect for the ISFP one, so was kind of surprised to see the INFJ as a super common mistyping. (seeing as that's what I used to type as, it's very affirming! ahha. lol) The reasons for why are things I can relate to - and also the differences.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Draon987654321

Esfj mistyped for xsfp

I have thought about being ESFJ before, but dismissed it and not properly thought about it, but I could still see it as a possibility for myself.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I can't say that I really relate to this at all.