• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sensing/iNtuiting Game: Perceiving Differences

something boring

MBTI Type
nnja
Enneagram
4w5
Image:
de-chirico-piazza.jpg

MBTI Type:
ixfp (I am pretty much on the border with every letter)

What I noticed:
-the gradient of green in the sky and how it immediately reminded me of this icon: :sick:
-the camera flash brought out the texture of the canvas at the top edge of the picture
-there must be wind because the yellow flags are waving in the air
-the orange building looks like it would collapse IRL because the columns don’t look very stable…
-the sculpture on the right has a look of despair… it’s my favorite part out of the whole picture. I like his/her split chin!
-the boniness of the statue’s left hand compared to the right hand
-there are three openings at the bottom of the house… the hands go through two of them
-*wonders why the third opening is there*
-the cube at the bottom looks out of place because it looks so plain compared to the rest of the picture
-the speckles at the bottom… I like it because it makes the ground look more realistic. It also looks like the flaws on vintage photographs.
-the overall scale and perspective is off= meh
-the little train along the horizon + the little puff of smoke and how it is shaded
-the statue in the middle of the picture looked like a lion at first, but then now it looks like a man laying with one elbow on the platform and the other pointing up at the sky
-the two men on the left look like they’re making some sort of deal
-again, the proportion of everything makes it very uncomfortable for me to look at
-I wouldn't have this painting in my house

Wow.... I didn't notice any of that stuff. The closest I came was thinking, "wtf is that cube doing there?"... I never even got to why I thought it was weird....

something boring

MBTI Type
nnja
Enneagram
4w5
My notes (yes, on paper)
#1 A Tower
This is in France, because it is the Eiffel Tower. There are lots of people. It's foggy in the background, and the angle of the picture is weird. *Major effort* The sky is blue... blah blah there aren't many clouds... The sky is gray here. I wonder what the weather is like there?
There's a woman pushing a stroller... And older man who looks kind of tired... another guy with a red bag... What's in his bag?

#2 A Space
It's empty, clean, well lit. Serene, Sterile looking. Is this part of a hospital? It looks kinda like one I've been to... Oh, I had a fleeting thought about taking a walk up the stairs.

#3 A Painting
Trapped... it's evening... Wtf is that cube doing there? Weird...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
the girl is trapped and the two guys are signing the contract, in which the statue is the payment. The court is burning the meantime with waving flags

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
The space. ISTJ.

This appeals to me, it's very big, open, and quiet. It seems like a comfortable place, and fairly modern.

wolfy

awsm
Tower

Picture of the Eiffel Tower taken from the bottom angled up. Looks daunting. Reminds me of the angle taken in movies. Especially some of the shots in Reservoir Dogs. Also there is a guy down the bottom in red with a back pack. looking at it for longer makes me think of me lying down with no pants on.
It's kind of overcast. There are a lot of people down the bottom. I wonder how far you'd get up if you tried to climb it.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
tower:

first i noticed that the person must have been laying on their back to get that shot.

then i notice that it must be cold because everyone is wearing coats and dark clothing.

that's it.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
2nd pic the space

this one i love
i notice that it looks like it's midday
i can't decide if it's a gallery or a residence
i have a feeling it's in chicago for some reason
i think i've decided it's a gallery because i can imagine people walking up the ramp with cocktails at a showing
i like it it makes me happy...i imagine all the possibilities a space like this could be used for
an art gallery, boutique, high end salon
and i want to see the outside space...looks like a fun place for parties

okay this might be embarrassing...haha

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the painting
scares me
i don't know what that person is up to
it looks sad
and vacant
trapped and confused
why is everything so out of proportion it doesn't make sense

i don't like it.

wolfy

awsm
The Space

Makes me think of ghosts. The ghost of a dead squash player. Had just joined and was overweight. Wanted to improve his health for his family. Went to far and had a heart attack .Leaving behind a loving wife and two lovely kids. Sad.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
My first thoughts.

The Tower
The Eiffel Tower, shot at a weird angle, which makes it look bent. There's a fair amount of people under it, who don't seem to know why exactly they are there. Never been there myself. I wonder what the architect was like and what he was thinking while designing the tower. Some buildings in the distance.

The Space
An empty room, which would be cold, but the floor and shadows cast a certain warm feeling on it. There's a weird stairwell, I wonder where it takes me? On the right wall there are some strange window-things. The bars in the back look like a fork. There's another brighter room to the right, which is a lot colder. I like the way the shadows play in the picture. I wonder what the room is used for.

The Painting
A big statue looking out of a building. Reminded me of a baby at first for some reason, also reminded me of something from Alice in Wonderland :doh: . There are two people, who strangely aren't confused about the bizarreness around them. There's a tower in the distance, that's about to collide with a train. I wonder what that box is about. Also, a weird rock figure near the men.

wolfy

awsm
de-chirico-piazza.jpg

The statue in the window looks trapped. Poor guy looks like he may be going to get his head chopped off. What is that right in the middle? Looks like a polar bear sunbathing. Those two guys look like they are up to no good. Some kind of drug deal maybe. What a weird looking train station. Looks like aliens might live there. Looks authoritarian.

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I chose the image "A Space."

The shape of the room at first is surprising and yet comforting in a way. I see a walk way and notice the lighting. At first the walk way almost reminded me of a stair case with the railing. I notice the walls and the next room. The pillar under the walk way. The empty desk like think that gives off an air of unfriendliness. In some ways the room strikes a cord with feelings of a long journey or loneliness. The wood floors are nice but are lacking in a way. The window like things in the wall add to and yet diminish the room. The court yard like thing outside of the room appears to be all walled in protected and yet set apart. It's as if the coldness of the cement expresses my feelings of this scene. I imagine the type of echo this rooms has and it makes it seem all the more cold. The room itself is empty and void. I see the possibilities of what it could be, but I don't see it as being warm. The forest type thing in the upper right hand corner changes the mood of the image more diminishing from it's effect than anything and yet serving no purpose and having no plausible reason for existing in that place. The apparent windows are nice, but they give a feeling of openness that can't quite be found comfortable due to the room itself not being calming or comforting. The room is tranquil, but too tranquil. It is as if someone would go insane just staying in it for an extended period of time. The shadows add to it a depth that is interesting to say the least. The room appears cold and impersonal, it has no life just decay and loneliness.

Well, that's about it. There are more little observances but that's the main ideas.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Type: INFJ

I chose the painting. I'm not much of an art critic, but my first impression is that I like it and find it intriguing -- it makes me want to examine it more closely. I'm especially drawn to the juxtaposition of the detailed classical objects (especially the dimension they have) and the more modern, linear perspective of the rest of the painting. The painting has a lot of depth visually. I love the statue in the foreground looking out the window. It's such a melancholy image, and it makes me wonder what the artist was trying to say, or whether there was any intent other than surrealism. In a strange way, that part of the painting immediately reminded me of seeing the Mouth of Truth when I was in Rome...maybe it's the hands coming out of the windows, but I don't think that's all of it. Maybe it's also the coldness of the statue's face and the classical-meets-modern feel of the entire painting, which was one of the most striking things to me about Rome. When I look more closely, I notice that the statue's head isn't attached to anything. Do people sit on the platform beneath that window to look at the bust? I only really attend to the rest of the painting after I've focused on the first part. I wonder what the two men in the background are doing. They don't seem to be there to admire the art...it seems like they're going about their daily business, and all this just happens to be around them.

That's way more analysis than I would typically do for a painting, I think.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
Image: Space
type: infj

First impressions... It feels soft, it feels light (but some underlying weight or pressure, the materials, the floor and the walls, there's some sort of heaviness) , it seems mysterious and scary but at the same time cozy, neat, a place I could enjoy being, it has feeling of nature, the weather , misty, like it had been a storm a long time ago and the sun was recharging its batteries. It seems like it's underground, the light is coming from high above, with almost spiritual serenity. The other room separated with a window (the room on the right) reminds of jail's basketball court, a restricted area, cold facility. The atmosphere completely switches.

I feel like I want to walk at the end of the room, to the source of light, and I could imagine something pulling me up. Not like hovering, but a device. Not ufo or anything like that. It'd feel natural just to sit on the bench and let your mind wonder caring not of the time of the day or existence. Just enjoy the atmosphere. But then I'd want to see what's at the end of the stairs; I could see some sort of artificial garden, contemporary Eden, it filled with plants and green and such a opposite sight to the one in the picture.

There's a shadow on the floor, it's not human, more like reflection of a human, a ghost of something. He's almost in the middle of floors, not completely being or fading, undecided.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Tower-it looks like a up the skirt shot of a girl robot, that or a hand coming down from the sky and the people are either fixing be grabbed and taken to a secret lair or they’re going to be pissed on. She appears to come from that building ways a way where an evil scientist lives and he’s going “muahahahaha” like most scientists tend to when they’re mad. He’s very cliché also one of the people is falling over in dispair because the hand has taken his loved one and clearly it’s very upsetting. People are in too much shock which is why they’re just strolling along minding their own business. Clearly this picture was taken in the future.

Space-Black lines too symmetrical, probably caused insanity and who was once in this room killed themselves and everyone in it because the lines were just too straight. I’m sure some escaped through that window to the right but not sure if they made it this place does not exist in our world, so we have to be careful about our perceptions of it as it is not what it seems. So careful behind the wall with the scary lines, is probably some evil experiment so I would not go here unless forced. If you find your self in this place, don’t panic if you panic you’ll go insane faster. Like quicksand the more you struggle the faster you schwuck.

Painting-A giant mad of marble clearly has that “I’m a zombie” look now can’t be sure if he is a zombie, sleep deprived, or retarded that doesn’t matter as he can’t get out of the house so we don’t have to worry about him eating brains. I bet he is a real zombie I bet those to smaller guys drugged him and built a house that can never be knocked down around him to keep everyone safe from a giant zombie. He’s trying to fit his arm through the window to grab those men and get his revenge on them, either that or in the box in front of him, which probably has brains of animals to feed him and because who ever delivered his dinner set it too far from him. Which could also explain the look on his face.

Was this correct? That was the first thing I notice with this pictures.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Reading the thread, I'm surprised I didn't pick up on the fact that the statue head is missing from the statue on the plinth in the background! I wonder if I would have noticed if I were looking at a larger version of the painting. Surrealist paintings are usually small, though.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
First things to come into my head or be noticed.

A tower
Misty day, strange perspective, curve. (I obviously thought Paris too :))

A space
Colours faded, dull, empty, doesn't give me much interest.

A painting
Cool colours, interesting shapes and angles, old fashioned.

B

beyondaurora

A painting

Type: INFP or INFJ (I don't really know)

Ooh. My kind of painting! Something to think about. But I do hate these rich, warm, autumn colors. Oh well. I can relate to the statue in the building – confined, but trying to reach out. Like Pinocchio desiring to be a real boy. The hand in the foreground looks much softer, fluid, limp than the well-defined, rigid, strong hand in the back. I wonder if that is intentional? Yes, I think it is intentional. Let’s see…the “right hand” is usually considered the “good hand”, as many references in the Bible suggest. Hence the reason being left-handed was so strongly corrected until only fairly recently. The left is considered the wayward direction. So giving into temptation equals lack of strength equals poorly-defined character equals poorly-developed hand. I like that the statue appears blind, yet is attempting to peer out the window. What is the point of a window if one is blind? It’s all an illusion. People think they are seeing life clearly, yet they are so ignorant...I am so ignorant. The disembodied, floating head (heh…I’m reminded of how prplchknz often comments on how Vent participants are “disembodied voices”) makes me feel that the character is out of touch with their core, their instinct, and separated from the hands...thinking one way and doing another. Hmm...what’s up with the box? I don’t know. I don’t really care about the box. The box is boring. Actually, I’m not really interested in anything else in this painting.

I'm open to the chorus' comments.

plaguerat

MBTI Type
INTJ
The Tower
INTJ
-Span of lower arch-wide
-red jacket (tourist)
-Perspective (angle of tower, height into sky, etc.)
-left side curve up towards top- very dramatic
-empty space of sky in upper right