• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is this a P or J quality?

DaftGuru

Someone who prefers to have things decided, but doesn't like making those decisions themself and is actually very indecisive.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm not sure if its more P or more J but I'm super J and I can relate to that very much.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Umm, a lazy J??

In seriousness, I think it can be any really. I'm definitely a P and like to keep my options open and like flexibility, but it doesn't mean I don't also enjoy sitting back and having something planned out for me either from time to time.

Well, maybe it's just my affinity for harmony that's really kicking in with this since I'm usually a go-with-the-flow type of guy when I hang out with friends.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
This can be both.

J with very bad self esteem or a J with very high Fe and undeveloped Si/Ni .

or

P that realizes that they are bad at making choices and therefore they are using another person to get that one done. (bad self esteem is also an option)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Someone who prefers to have things decided, but doesn't like making those decisions themself and is actually very indecisive.

In my experience, this is P. Indecisiveness can be either.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's a JiPe quality.

DaftGuru

This can be both.

J with very bad self esteem or a J with very high Fe and undeveloped Si/Ni .

or

P that realizes that they are bad at making choices and therefore they are using another person to get that one done. (bad self esteem is also an option)

Why does it have to be about self esteem or harmony? Why can't someone just not have a strong opinion on most things, but still like a decision to be made?

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now, do you care about the outcome of the decision at all? Are you just nervous you'd make the wrong choice and so want to put the burden on others?

edit: nevermind you just stated you didn't care. Regardless, I don't think there's much of a correlation.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
its a x quality.

Does it need to be defined? Does it even matter?

I dont feel like deciding. Someone do it for me.

DaftGuru

Does it need to be defined? Does it even matter?

Does anything matter? What's the point of doing or saying anything? Why bother posting to the forums at all? Why be a smartass?

My reason for asking was because people tend to say that Js prefer things decided, whereas Ps prefer things open-ended. I merely want to know what it means if someone likes to have things decided, but doesn't like making the decisions themself.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does anything matter? What's the point of doing or saying anything? Why bother posting to the forums at all? Why be a smartass?

My reason for asking was because people tend to say that Js prefer things decided, whereas Ps prefer things open-ended. I merely want to know what it means if someone likes to have things decided, but doesn't like making the decisions themself.

Thats more of a individualistic personality trait. Just like being a smartass is. Careful now.

DaftGuru

Hmm...it seems I should've made a poll. We're at about a 50/50 split on this.

andresimon

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Hmm...it seems I should've made a poll. We're at about a 50/50 split on this.

Your question is very narrow to describe if someone is J or P. But what you mentioned is indicative of a J. A P would not like the plans, they like to explore and adapt. I know MANY j's in my life who show the EXACT behavior you are speaking of. So in my experience J, fo shoooo. As an ISTJ you don't find yourself hesitating to make a decision, but love plans, you probably don't follow other people's plans though, at least not if you can help it or better said you probably don't enjoy it but go with it at times. Just shooting in the dark.

DaftGuru

Your question is very narrow to describe if someone is J or P...

I wasn't saying it was a defining characteristic of either. I was asking if it was a P or a J quality.

As an ISTJ you don't find yourself hesitating to make a decision, but love plans, you probably don't follow other people's plans though, at least not if you can help it or better said you probably don't enjoy it but go with it at times. Just shooting in the dark.

No, I don't identify with any of that. I identify what I wrote in the OP.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
It depends on why they want things decided and why they don't like making the decisions themselves.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would have said it is a P stuff.

But as I am a P dominant and never behaves this way...

I think we have to consider other letters and facts.

Also, a member of my own family who is a J acts this way.

I could bet this has a lot more to do with self-esteem indeed.