• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types and mistypes

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Which MB, Enneagram, and Socionics types have you ever considered for yourself? What types have been suggested by others?

I shall start, then.

MBTI
Originally tested as: INFP
Additionally tested as: ENFP, ISFP, ESFP
Personally considered: INFP, ENFP, ISFP
Suggested by family and friends: ENFP, INFP
Suggested by forum members: Every F type. Really. :laugh:

Enneagram
Originally tested as: 4w3
Additionally tested as: 9w1, 9w8, 4w5, 2w1, 2w3
Personally considered: 9w1, 9w8, 4w3, 6w7, 7w6
Suggested by family and friends: N/A
Suggested by forum members: 9w1, 4w3, 6w7, 6w5, 2w3

Instinctual Variant
Originally tested as: sx/so
Additionally tested as: so/sx, sp/sx
Personally considered: so/sx, sx/so, so/sp
Suggested by forum members: so/sx, so/sp, sp/so

Socionics
Originally tested as: EII
Additionally tested as: IEE, SEI, IEI
Personally considered: EII, SEI, IEE, IEI
Suggested by forum members: EII, IEI, SEI

Current typing: INFP, EII Ne, 9wx/4w3/6w7 in some order, so/sx

How much influence do other people have on what types you consider for yourself? Do your friends and family see you differently than forum members (for instance, family and friends seeing INFP and ENFP, forum members seeing INFP and ISFJ)?

Discuss.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
MBTI
Originally tested as: ENFP
Additionally tested as: INFP, ESFP
Personally considered: ENFP, INFP, ESFP, ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTP
Suggested by others: ENFP, ESFP, ESFJ, ENFJ

Enneagram
Originally tested as: 7w6
Additionally tested as: 2w3
Personally considered: 7w6, 7w8, 6w7, 2w3, 3w2
Suggested by others: 7w6, 7w8, 6w7, 2w3, 3w2

Instinctual Variant
Originally tested as: sx/so
Additionally tested as: so/sx
Personally considered: sx/so, so/sx, sp/so, so/sp
Suggested by others: sx/so, so/sx, sp/so, so/sp

Socionics
Originally tested as: IEE
Additionally tested as: n/a
Personally considered: IEE, SEE
Suggested by others: IEE, SEE, EIE

Moral of the story is that tests can be your friend. :D

Last edited:

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
discuss. discuss. discussing. Sure.

I've (seriously) considered every type set except SFJs and NFPs (which my phone auto corrects to BROs for some reason). The most common suggestions I've received are INTP, INTJ, ISTJ, and ISTP. The people of this forum are the only ones to suggest ENTP consistently and the only one to entertain ENFP as a serious possibility. Wonder why...

I have (seriously) considered every enneagram type except 2.
The most common suggestions I've received are 5w6, 7w8, and 9w8.

How much influence do other people have on what types you consider for yourself?
Starting points, sounding boards, and costume ideas. I lost my faith somewhere on the trail between then and now.

Last edited:

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I've never mistyped.

Any type I've been is just where I'm at with that moment.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Never been mistyped. Except..

Nope cant recal. Everyone pretty much agrees with my typing. I feel like a poster child really.

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
MB:
Tested as: INTJ
Suggested by others: INTJ (what do these people know anyway).
Considered: INTJ & ISFP.

Socionics:
Tested as: ILI
Considered: ILI

Enneagram:
Tested as: 1
Suggested by others: 1w9, 5, 8w9
Considered: 1w9 & 5.

Edit: Also, all of my friends say that I'm sx/sp, they are convinced that I'm sx first. I obviously disagree.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
At the beginning when I had still N/S essentially meaning depth/lack of depth ingrained in my mind, I was averse to a few ESFP typings I got. Actually my first experience on Vent was being interrogated by a bunch of forum members asking why I identified as ENFP...and a few people said I didn't want to type as ESFP because of that bias. But I had already overcome that bias by then lol. It's weird though because at first I was offered so/sx as a suggestion a lot, but after these past 3 years I don't get it as much.

Then I went through this phase of just going with whatever shiny new idea was presented to me...I feel like all the Type Me threads I made were really 7 sx in the sense that I was hopping from one idea to the next without allowing any of them to stabilize. If someone wrote out an interesting rationale that caught my eye, I'd go like "oooh you've convinced me!" and change to that...and then change to something else after like a week. Things like that are what made me consider sp/so for myself.

Eventually though I settled in ENFP 7w6 sx/so 728 tritype. I dunno how I just decided I was good with that, I think it was just always in the back of my mind as I explored my understanding of myself. Although I genuinely did think I was 7 so for a while...but in the end the 7 sx archetype fit me more than 7 so, and sx/so fits me more overall I think. I feel like I have [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] to thank for that since she just watched over me the whole time with my type in the back of her mind and let me arrive here myself...with maybe a little push here or there.

So yeah...true to type I think I've been highly suggestible. It's really hard for me to be averse to new suggestions.

I think I still wish I could be some kind of ENFJ 2w3 sx/so seductress though.

I feel like a poster child really.

Mm, I think you're ENTP but not exactly like a poster child. At least on here, you give off more of an ESTP persona.

Sil

This is a test.
MBTI:

ESTP, ENTP, ENTJ, ENFP, ISTJ

Enneagram:

1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8.

I quit the enneagram after four years of that.

Instincts:

Never mistyped. Instinctual stacking is very obvious.

All N type suggestions came from people who thought I was too intelligent to be a sensor. ESTP is what tests default to for me unless I purposely manipulate my answers. ENFP was based on a video I made very early on when I started getting into MBTI.

ISTJ came from someone at random, with no justification.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
MB
Originally tested as: INTJ (15 years ago)
Personally considered: INTJ, INFJ, INFP, ISFP
Suggested by others: INFJ, INTP, ISFP

Enneagram
Personally considered: 5w4, 1w9, 4w5, 4w3
Suggested by others: none really, other than someone thinking I was so/sp a while back, and my now agreeing

Socionics
Personally considered: meh
Suggested by others: IEI

An INTP thought I was an INTP, my nfj friends think I'm nfj, or they think I 'used to be' and now am not, and my family is completely uninterested in mbti, and the only thing my mom can say of me when I was young is I was 'sensitive' and when really young, friendly and unafraid of strangers. So... eh.

I take the input of other people, though filter out any bias they may have. I also often think mbti is more useful for those who want to use it to make sense of me or others, so if they want to think of me as type xxxx, I can't really stop them from doing so, but they also may then be totally wrong if they interpret everything I do based on what they think I am. I consider myself what I've finally landed on, though....I think holistically it makes a lot of sense.

á´…eparted

passages
Types I genuinely thought I was for longer than 6 months, and types others have genuinely suggested and argued (in a well thought out or persistent manner) for.

MBTI
Personally considered: INFP, INFJ, INTJ, ENFJ
Suggested by others: INFJ, ISTJ, ISFJ, ESFJ, ESTJ, ENTJ, ENFJ

Enneagram
Personally considered: 5w4, 1w2
Suggested by others: 5w4, 4w3, 3w4, 6w5, 1w2

Socionics
Personally considered: IEI, LSI, EIE
Suggested by others: IEI, EII, ESI, LSI, SLE, EIE

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
MBTI
Originally tested as: ISFJ
Have also tested as: INFJ, ISTJ, ESFJ
Suggested by others: xSFP, xNFP
Current typing: ISFJ

Enneagram
Originally tested as: 9w1
Have also tested as: 6w5
Suggested by others: 296, 169
Current typing: 9w1 6w5 2w1 sp/so

Socionics
Originally tested as: ENFj
Have also tested as: ESFj, ISFp, ISFj
Suggested by others: ESFj, ISFp
Current typing: ISFp

Last edited:

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
MBTI
Originally tested as: ISFJ
Have also tested as: INFJ, ISTJ, ESFJ
Suggested by others: xSFP, xNFP
Current typing: ISFJ

Enneagram
Originally tested as: 9w1
Have also tested as: 6w5
Suggested by others: 296, 169
Current typing: 9w1 6w5 2w1 sp/so

Socionics
Originally tested as: ENFj
Have also tested as: ESFj, ISFp, ISFj
Suggested by others: ESFj, ISFp
Current typing: ISFp

I very much agree with your current typing. Spot-on. :yes:

Duffy

As an aside, all feedback based on online interaction under anonymity.

MBTI
Personally considered: INxx & ISFP
Suggested by others: INTJ, INTP, ExTP (lol)

Enneagram
Personally considered: 4, 5, 6
Suggested by others: 4w3, 5w6, 6w5, 7w6 (lol)

Instinctual Variant
Personally considered: sp/sx, sx/sp
Suggested by others: sp/sx

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
MBTI
Originally tested as: INFJ
Additionally tested as: ISFJ, INTJ,
Personally considered: ISFP, INFJ
Suggested by family and friends: INTJ
Suggested by forum members: INxx

Enneagram
Originally tested as: 5w4
Additionally tested as: 5w6
Personally considered: 9, 5, 6, 4
Suggested by forum members: 6w5

Instinctual Variant
Originally tested as: sx/sp
Additionally tested as: sp/sx
Personally considered: see above
Suggested by forum members: N/A

Socionics
Originally tested as: ESI?
Additionally tested as: IEE, IEI, EII
Personally considered: EII, SEI, IEE, IEI, SLI
Suggested by forum members: EII, SEI

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm including as much as I remember, even the jokier suggestions and results from crappy tests. Some PerC stuff as well.

MBTI
Originally tested as: INTP
Additionally tested as: INFP, INTP, INTJ, ENFP, ISTJ, ISFP, INFJ, ISTP, ESTP, ESTJ
Personally considered: INFP and briefly ISFP
Suggested by forum members: INTP, ISTP, ISFP, ENTP, INTJ, ISTJ

Enneagram
Originally tested as: 4
Additionally tested as: 4, 5, 6, 9, 7
Personally considered: 4w5, 5w4, 6, 9w1, 7, 3w4, 1w9
Suggested by forum members: 4w5, 9, 1, 6, 4w3

Instinctual Variant
Originally tested as: sp/sx
Additionally tested as: sp/so
Personally considered: sp/sx, sp/so, sx/sp

Socionics
Originally tested as: LII
Additionally tested as: EII, IEI, ILI, SEI, ILE
Personally considered: EII, LII, IEI, ILI, SEI, ILE, LSI, ESI, and so on

Current typing
INFP, 5w4, sp/sx
(no clue on socionics)

How much influence do other people have on what types you consider for yourself? Do your friends and family see you differently than forum members (for instance, family and friends seeing INFP and ENFP, forum members seeing INFP and ISFJ)?

Other people sometimes make me pause to reconsider. Most of the time I dismiss their suggestions, though, since they're based on limited and superficial interaction with me.

When I was trying to work out my enneatype, the consensus was Type 4. I figured other people knew more about enneagram than I did, so I reluctantly accepted that. It didn't take long for me to cast it aside. Seeing their biases play out and their lack of explanation made me realize they didn't necessarily know more than me, and even the folks who'd encountered more information about enneagram hadn't, as a consequence, put that information together objectively and sensibly. It annoys me how misleading people can be when it comes to typing newbies, and it's the main reason I'm hesitant to do much in the What's My Type threads. I wouldn't want to similarly lead someone else astray. Even if it's on them to learn the systems, it's best not to contribute misinformation.

I was with my sister when she took an online enneagram test, and from her comments about me, I gather she thinks I'm some sort of 548 hybrid monster—an overemotional, aggressive know-it-all. I don't see myself that way, especially the aggressive part.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I originally tested as an INFJ, but every test after that told me INTJ.
When I first read about cognitive functions I chose INTP because I love to think. After overthinking everything I thought ENTP because I related to one aspect of inferior Si (The hypochondria part).

I tend to get INFP, INTP, ENTP, ESTP, and ESTJ and cognitive function tests (I am so inconsistent). I always get INTJ on dichotomy tests.

I have been typed as every introvert except ISFP. Everyone seems to think I'm an INFP, and I haven't fully disregarded it. Someone one another site tried to tell me I was INFJ and I was like no.

I'm honestly still not 100% sure what my type is. I stuck with ISTJ because someone said it was like a storehouse of knowledge, and I think that fits how I think. But I feel like I'm more creative than the description suggests.

I always get a 5 or 4 on the Enneagram test, but I think 5 fits more. I haven't studied it much though. Just looked at a list that stated each types greatest fear.

I don't know about the other stuff.
discuss. discuss. discussing. Sure.

I've (seriously) considered every type set except SFJs and NFPs (which my phone auto corrects to BROs for some reason). The most common suggestions I've received are INTP, INTJ, and ISTP. The people of this forum are the only ones to suggest ENTP consistently. Who knows why.

I have (seriously) considered every enneagram type except 2.
The most common suggestions I've received are 5w6, 7w8, and 9w8.

I'm in a similar boat as you. The only type I haven't considered are the sps.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh man, don't do this to me.

The serious suggestions/considerations only:

MBTI
Officially tested: ENFJ.
Personally considered (on traits/dichotomies): Every ENxx, and INFJ.
Personally considered (JCF): Three of the Nx-doms (ENTP, ENFP, and INFJ). (But for a little while, TeNi/ENTJ.)
Suggested by others (JCF): ENTJ, ENTP, ENFP, INFJ, ENFJ.
(Also, this.)

Enneagram
Personally considered: 3w4, 6w5, 5w6, 4w3, 3w4. (Full circle, baby.)
Suggested by others: 3w4, 6w5, 5w6.

Socionics
Personally considered: ILE, IEE, ILI, LIE.
Suggested by others: ILE, IEE, LIE.

I've talked about MBTI and all with folks on this side of my computer monitor, but I haven't asked them for an assessment or anything.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
I was first ISTJ, then the functions got strange, then INFP. Then T developed, so now I am INXP.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
MBTI

ENTP, ENFP, ESTP, ENTJ, ESFP, INFP, INTJ

Should I precise [MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION] did not type me ENTJ ?

Enneagram

Even the teachers could not tell me if I'm a 7w8 or an 8w7.

Most of my boyfriends would say I'm a type 7, for the best and the worst...

It seems my two self defense mechanisms are walking hand in hand:hug:.

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Socionics

That really sucks :smile: everytime I take those tests I get a different result !:huh:

It seems my results are changing, depending on my mood, the accuraty of the different tests, and whatever may happen during the tests:D

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I'm not too well known, so people havent really argued my type too much. I think Starry and Zarathustra once told me I'm not an ENFP. That's about all I can remember, most people havent tried to type me otherwise.

Function wise, all I have ever been sure of was that I used N, most likely Ne. I have all the problems that accompany poor S. And Jungian always say it's better to type someone by their inferior, if you're not sure.

As a teen, I used to always type as an ENTP, and then as I got older started flipping between NFP types. I've also briefly spent time as both NFJS. Funny story, when I actually took an official test I came out as INTP. Which has made me mostly disregard the test as more of a good starting place.

I had the classic ENFP struggle: But I can't be extraverted! I'm introspective and enjoy daydreaming. I didn't like the idea of being extraverted because they're portrayed as obnoxious and shallow, and I spent a lot of time being steamrolled by those kinds of extraverts.